10th gen CIVIC SI - What did you pay?

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Update on Sussman Honda sales BS:
First, the blue Si that they sold weeks ago is still on their website as being available.
Second, I get a call today from the salesman. He's all excited and tells me a new Si just pulled off the truck. (I already know he's full of it because I am tracking shipments on the Honda website and nothing has been In Transit to them in a while.) So, I ask him what color it is. He says "Sonic Grey". I told him that's not possible because they don't offer it in Sonic Gray. He says he'll take a look and get back to me. I get a text that it's silver. I reply that I'm not interested in silver and tell him I want the blue one that was in my deal and that is still on their website. Several minutes later I get another text, "I have the blue Si". I reply, "OK. How'd you manage that?" He says "We had it hidden in the back, protecting it from looters. It's a beautiful car. You have to see, and drive it".
You think I should drive two hours to go see it and drive it? LOL
Haha, tell him to send you a picture of the blue Si with today's newspaper
Sponsored

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Haha, tell him to send you a picture of the blue Si with today's newspaper
LOL. I actually considered doing that.
So, yesterday morning he sent me pics of the front of a blue Si and odometer reading 11 miles. Seemed promising. Then he tells me it'll cost $1000 more than when quoted because no more Honda Loyalty incentive. I said, you want me to pay a grand more because you told me the car wasn't there when I wanted to do the deal two weeks ago? I told him no thanks but go talk with your manager. I also told him that the fact that they have such poor control of their inventory does not instill confidence in their dealership.
He also told me he was worried because a kid came to buy the car but couldn't drive a manual. Such a lying sack of crap. Anyone who is looking to buy an Si knows they only come in a manual. I assume he was trying to make me panic and jump on purchasing it before some other fictional person comes along.
I have zero faith that I will ever buy a car from this dealer. Especially considering it is a 2 hour drive. Not gonna waste my time, gas, add mileage to my car; just to get more aggravation. Waiting to see if 4th of July works more in my favor.

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For anyone following my trials and tribulations as I attempt to buy a new Blue Si, here is an update.

Sussman told me that the price went up by a grand because I lost the Honda Loyalty. Apparently they didn't feel responsible for telling me the car was already sold when I could have received the incentive. I told them I was no longer interested and blocked their number.

Last night I found two blue Si's at Garden State Honda. That's in New Jersey, and a 3 hour\200 mile drive each way. I contacted them and got the typical shyster car dealer crap. For example, they just announced a 3 day employee pricing program. (Imagine my good luck and timing.) There was other nonsense but the final straw was when the sales manager gave me a bargain, employee only price of $25,400 plus tags\tax\fees. That discounted price included some power package or whatever he called it. The package was a $650 charge for stuff like door edge guards, mud flaps, and hydrogen in the tires. I told him the tires are filled at the factory and then I told him thank you so much for saving me the frustration of a wasted trip to Jersey. I also blocked their number.

LookingForFK7

First Name
Jaden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Country flag
For anyone following my trials and tribulations as I attempt to buy a new Blue Si, here is an update.

Sussman told me that the price went up by a grand because I lost the Honda Loyalty. Apparently they didn't feel responsible for telling me the car was already sold when I could have received the incentive. I told them I was no longer interested and blocked their number.

Last night I found two blue Si's at Garden State Honda. That's in New Jersey, and a 3 hour\200 mile drive each way. I contacted them and got the typical shyster car dealer crap. For example, they just announced a 3 day employee pricing program. (Imagine my good luck and timing.) There was other nonsense but the final straw was when the sales manager gave me a bargain, employee only price of $25,400 plus tags\tax\fees. That discounted price included some power package or whatever he called it. The package was a $650 charge for stuff like door edge guards, mud flaps, and hydrogen in the tires. I told him the tires are filled at the factory and then I told him thank you so much for saving me the frustration of a wasted trip to Jersey. I also blocked their number.
Honda Loyalty is a monthly promotion that comes and goes, so you can always wait until next month to see if it comes back.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Oof... Only read the last 2 pages. I'm so glad I'm not dealing with this nonsense.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Lots of incoming Si's shown on Honda's website, the shortage should be over soon. I doubt we'll get the loyalty back yet but maybe in Aug or Sept. if the stock market continues the downward trend.

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe, 2010 Accord Crosstour, 2008 Civic LX Coupe(Totaled), 2005 Acura TL(Sold), 1996 Accord EX Coupe
Country flag
This thread is absolutely hilarious. Car dealers are truly the scum of the earth.

I'm experiencing a similar experience trying to find an Si for a reasonable price so I feel your pain. Car was listed on website for $24,550.00 which I thought was reasonable.

Then I find out they charge $595 for an acquisition fee, $199 dealer admin fee. Then they refused to budge on accessories that "needed to be included" on the car. $399 for tinted windows and $488 for the pro pack, which is apparently just all season floormats and trunk tray.

So out the door price is truly $26,231 for a White Coupe. BEFORE TAX + tags/title. Might as well wait for the 2021's at that point :bs:

Last edited:

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Any thoughts on having the dealer trade for a car on someone else's lot? Not sure I like the idea of the car getting put on a trailer and moved across the country.

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe, 2010 Accord Crosstour, 2008 Civic LX Coupe(Totaled), 2005 Acura TL(Sold), 1996 Accord EX Coupe
Country flag
Any thoughts on having the dealer trade for a car on someone else's lot? Not sure I like the idea of the car getting put on a trailer and moved across the country.
I'm not against dealer trades. We got a 2015 RAV4 Limited that way, although it was two dealers in the area close by.

I made it clear just because they did a dealer trade didn't = sale.

They did the trade, once they got the car in, we looked at the car and test drove it before we decided to buy it. Deal was right so it was worth it.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm not against dealer trades. We got a 2015 RAV4 Limited that way, although it was two dealers in the area close by.

I made it clear just because they did a dealer trade didn't = sale.

They did the trade, once they got the car in, we looked at the car and test drove it before we decided to buy it. Deal was right so it was worth it.
Thanks - do you know if they swap the cars in the computer before they ship, and it comes from the port to the dealership? Or do they swap with a car already on a dealer lot, putting it on a trailer (or driving it)? I'm cool with the former, not worth it if the latter.

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks - do you know if they swap the cars in the computer before they ship, and it comes from the port to the dealership? Or do they swap with a car already on a dealer lot, putting it on a trailer (or driving it)? I'm cool with the former, not worth it if the latter.
They swapped them between two dealers

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They swapped them between two dealers
Sorry I was super tired this morning and realized I didn't answer your question fully. :drool:

The dude from dealer #1 drove their car to dealer #2 to pick up our car and drive it back. If that helps any.

trapbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I paid full msrp because no dealership wanted to budge on the tonic yellow colorway /:

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I paid full msrp because no dealership wanted to budge on the tonic yellow colorway /:
Really? I figured they'd be harder to sell, honestly.

I paid 22,500 + tax/fees/warranty/all that crap.

trapbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Really? I figured they'd be harder to sell, honestly.

I paid 22,500 + tax/fees/warranty/all that crap.
Thats what I thought too lol
The dealership I ended up getting it from didnt even have it. They sent it over on a flatbed the next morning.

I did however convince them to waive all the fees
Sponsored