10th gen CIVIC SI - What did you pay?

DOZOIR

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe (lunar silver)
Country flag
I (thread starter) finally purchased my Si Coupe this past weekend. The coupe being rare and the dealer not wanting to budge for two months, I purchased it for $24275 (including destination, wheels locks, and mud flaps) plus TTL. I probably could have waited, but I needed a car. It is a blast!!!
Sponsored

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Found the blue Si I wanted and the online deal was perfect! Quoted me what my car is worth and their car was a good price. Fees were reasonable and the entire deal was exactly what I wanted. You know, too good to be true. I called the dealer (who is 2 hours away) and said "let's do this". They said the car was sold on Monday. It's Thursday and the car is still in your on-line inventory? It's still there this morning. Sussman Honda in Pa sucks!
No one within 200 miles has anything other than a black Si. Black comes after Blue, red, and white in my list of choices. I guess I wait and hope some blue ones are being made. Thinking I should just buy a KTuner and play with my EXT coupe for now but also feeling annoyed that I can't spend my money.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Found the blue Si I wanted and the online deal was perfect! Quoted me what my car is worth and their car was a good price. Fees were reasonable and the entire deal was exactly what I wanted. You know, too good to be true. I called the dealer (who is 2 hours away) and said "let's do this". They said the car was sold on Monday. It's Thursday and the car is still in your on-line inventory? It's still there this morning. Sussman Honda in Pa sucks!
No one within 200 miles has anything other than a black Si. Black comes after Blue, red, and white in my list of choices. I guess I wait and hope some blue ones are being made. Thinking I should just buy a KTuner and play with my EXT coupe for now but also feeling annoyed that I can't spend my money.
New inventory is probably on the boat by now. Or the truck in Si case! Hang in there it should go back to normal in a month or two. The supply chain is still getting back to normal.

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What "boat"? I thought they came from Canada. But, I am trying to be patient. It's just hard. ;o)

So, what is "normal"? How many Si's are for sale, typically?

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What "boat"? I thought they came from Canada. But, I am trying to be patient. It's just hard. ;o)

So, what is "normal"? How many Si's are for sale, typically?
yeah I'm looking at hatches which come on a boat lol.

There's no Si's within like 50 miles of me, that's not normal! Same with every popular vehicle right now.

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
Country flag
"They said the car was sold on Monday. It's Thursday and the car is still in your on-line inventory? It's still there this morning. Sussman Honda in Pa sucks!"

..... I would suggest that you call the dealer back, don't ask for anyone in particular and ask if they have a SI in stock and what colors are available. Whatever answer you get, thank them and hang up. If they don't have it, all is normal. Online inventory is not a priority for a dealership, they will lure you in by that and try to sell you something else.
..... But I would then call back and ask the person you have been working with if they will honor the deal agreed upon and order you the one that you want.
........... Just a suggestion +2 pennies

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda dropped the $1000 Honda Loyalty incentive. I guess they aren't looking to sell a lot of cars in the next few weeks. They also raised the 0.9 rate to 1.9. Looks like my new Si is getting further away instead of closer.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honda dropped the $1000 Honda Loyalty incentive. I guess they aren't looking to sell a lot of cars in the next few weeks. They also raised the 0.9 rate to 1.9. Looks like my new Si is getting further away instead of closer.
you have limited supply due to the factory shutdown in March, and you have customers getting fat checks from the government. The time to buy will be later this summer when the economic crash takes hold at the same time supply of cars is back to normal.

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You are correct about limited supply and checks. I can wait for a few months. Not hoping for a crash but I will take advantage if it happens because I am prepared. Good point about cars being back in supply at that time, too.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Theres a blue one up here in Boston. I'm looking for white. Blue is second choice only cause my Sport is blue. Hopefully more stock will start showing up.

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There's a white one here in Harrisburg, Pa. I'll buy it and you buy the blue one up there. I'll meet you in NY and we can swap. lol

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update on Sussman Honda sales BS:
First, the blue Si that they sold weeks ago is still on their website as being available.
Second, I get a call today from the salesman. He's all excited and tells me a new Si just pulled off the truck. (I already know he's full of it because I am tracking shipments on the Honda website and nothing has been In Transit to them in a while.) So, I ask him what color it is. He says "Sonic Grey". I told him that's not possible because they don't offer it in Sonic Gray. He says he'll take a look and get back to me. I get a text that it's silver. I reply that I'm not interested in silver and tell him I want the blue one that was in my deal and that is still on their website. Several minutes later I get another text, "I have the blue Si". I reply, "OK. How'd you manage that?" He says "We had it hidden in the back, protecting it from looters. It's a beautiful car. You have to see, and drive it".
You think I should drive two hours to go see it and drive it? LOL

South86

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Coupe, 2019 Acura ILX A-Spec, 2013 Ram 1500 SLT
Country flag
Update on Sussman Honda sales BS:
First, the blue Si that they sold weeks ago is still on their website as being available.
Second, I get a call today from the salesman. He's all excited and tells me a new Si just pulled off the truck. (I already know he's full of it because I am tracking shipments on the Honda website and nothing has been In Transit to them in a while.) So, I ask him what color it is. He says "Sonic Grey". I told him that's not possible because they don't offer it in Sonic Gray. He says he'll take a look and get back to me. I get a text that it's silver. I reply that I'm not interested in silver and tell him I want the blue one that was in my deal and that is still on their website. Several minutes later I get another text, "I have the blue Si". I reply, "OK. How'd you manage that?" He says "We had it hidden in the back, protecting it from looters. It's a beautiful car. You have to see, and drive it".
You think I should drive two hours to go see it and drive it? LOL
How do you see what cars are being shipped to dealers? I am still a few months off from buying but I would like to be able to see what they are getting.

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How do you see what cars are being shipped to dealers? I am still a few months off from buying but I would like to be able to see what they are getting.
Go to
https://automobiles.honda.com/tools...iclemodelseries=civic-si-coupe&modelYear=2020
and put your zip code in (under Edit Location). It only searches within that zips local area so you may need to search other nearby zip codes.
Not sure if there is a better way to do it but this works for me. I also search the inventory on the actual Honda dealers website.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
After months of nothing I see Si's incoming at local dealers. Supply chain must be returning to normal.
Sponsored