Sponsored

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
Got my 2019 white Si coupe for 22 k OTD in california
22k OTD? That's impressive. What was the breakdown? Meaning: selling price of car, TTL, & any fees

0percentapr

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
22k OTD? That's impressive. What was the breakdown? Meaning: selling price of car, TTL, & any fees
Sorry, I remembered incorrectly it was actually 23.6 OTD.

Car was $21,300.05, $86 doc fee, $1871.20 sales tax, $30 some electronic registration fee, $313.75 registration fees and stuff. I hope those are the right numbers lol, there are so many numbers. I put a down payment of 10 k so I financed 13.6 k at 1.9%. my payments were like $244, but I paid off the car recently.

lhanzki_75

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
odyssey, corolla
Country flag
hi, old guy but newbie in the car dealer rip-off industry. I'm in the market of a bnew civic si and from what i've been reading here is that you guys basically ask dealers for OTD price.

a little horror/horrible story for you guys. We (me and my wife) have been robbed 3 times buying bnew cars (2 from honda and 1 from toyota). And we always get sucked into buying extended warranty, GAP and more. As an example, we bought a 20K car and ended up 29K OTD payable 72 months. (calm down guys! no more bashing please!)

So, if you guys can help me out here so that i won't make the same mistakes anymore.

Is this how you negotiate...?

1. ask dealers OTD price

2. ignore extended warranty and GAP insurance and basically ignore all the BS that they offer specially what the finance guy is selling

another story...my friend just bought a bnew 2019 honda pilot. Asked him if he bought extended warranty and he said yes because the finance guy told him that because modern cars nowadays have computers and they are expensive to repair so they ended up buying EW and GAP. (again, no more bashing please, and pardon my english it's not my native language)

btw, i live in norcal and i'm an immigrant.

thank you in advance

MrAmAzn

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Toyota Corolla, '12 Honda Pilot
Country flag
hi, old guy but newbie in the car dealer rip-off industry. I'm in the market of a bnew civic si and from what i've been reading here is that you guys basically ask dealers for OTD price.

a little horror/horrible story for you guys. We (me and my wife) have been robbed 3 times buying bnew cars (2 from honda and 1 from toyota). And we always get sucked into buying extended warranty, GAP and more. As an example, we bought a 20K car and ended up 29K OTD payable 72 months. (calm down guys! no more bashing please!)

So, if you guys can help me out here so that i won't make the same mistakes anymore.

1. ask dealers OTD price

2. ignore extended warranty and GAP insurance and basically ignore all the BS that they offer specially what the finance guy is selling

another story...my friend just bought a bnew 2019 honda pilot. Asked him if he bought extended warranty and he said yes because the finance guy told him that because modern cars nowadays have computers and they are expensive to repair so they ended up buying EW and GAP. (again, no more bashing please, and pardon my english it's not my native language)

thank you in advance
1. OTD pricing is typically negotiated with the sales manager.
2. Once you've agreed to that, you goto the F&I/backoffice person where the Extended warranty , GAP, and financing are typically discussed. That's where you can decline the warranty or GAP. If you want the extended warranty, that's up to you, but the GAP can be covered by your auto insurance so I would always decline that.

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
Country flag
(Valdosta) <> Way down south! I was born and raised in Macon, GA, now live 10 miles south of Chattanooga.

lhanzki_75

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
odyssey, corolla
Country flag
1. OTD pricing is typically negotiated with the sales manager.
2. Once you've agreed to that, you goto the F&I/backoffice person where the Extended warranty , GAP, and financing are typically discussed. That's where you can decline the warranty or GAP. If you want the extended warranty, that's up to you, but the GAP can be covered by your auto insurance so I would always decline that.
thanks!
so i should always negotiate below msrp and the dealers won't make fun of me?

0percentapr

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag

1. ask dealers OTD price

thank you in advance
Something that I like to do is get OTD quotes online first from local dealerships. You get the quote in writing and compare quotes and say oh so and so dealer gave me this, can you beat it? Let the dealerships compete for your business. You can also research local prices in your area and try to hit that number in a dealership but that's harder unless you got some real haggling charm. ALWAYS negotiate in OTD prices, don't get suckered into talking monthly payments if you finance, typical finances are 60 months anyways. Always do OTD and when you get in that finance room, that final number on paper should be that OTD number you negotiated or else tell them to shove it.

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan • 03 Kawi ZX-6R 636
Country flag
(Valdosta) <> Way down south! I was born and raised in Macon, GA, now live 10 miles south of Chattanooga.
I was born and grew up in Valdosta, now live in Lake Park, 5 miles north of the GA/FL line.

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
Sorry, I remembered incorrectly it was actually 23.6 OTD.

Car was $21,300.05, $86 doc fee, $1871.20 sales tax, $30 some electronic registration fee, $313.75 registration fees and stuff. I hope those are the right numbers lol, there are so many numbers. I put a down payment of 10 k so I financed 13.6 k at 1.9%. my payments were like $244, but I paid off the car recently.
Can I ask where in CA you got the car? That's a great price. I got my 19' White Si in June of 2019 for 22.7 before TTL in the bay area.

0percentapr

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Can I ask where in CA you got the car? That's a great price. I got my 19' White Si in June of 2019 for 22.7 before TTL in the bay area.
I got it in southern california (orange county), message me for specifics. I don't like giving them free publicity lol.
Sponsored