MrAmAzn

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Toyota Corolla, '12 Honda Pilot
Country flag
It was the same in NC when I bought a few months back. There were 7-8 Si in transit to 4-5 different dealers in the area and all quoted MSRP. I've been following up but it doesn't seem like Si sit on lots around here long enough for dealers to consider offers.

I paid MSRP + doc./tax/title fees, but at least got the color I wanted + bone stock, since I put down $500 refundable for first refusal.
A dealership getting the actual color I want is the only reason I would be willing to pay "extra"
Sponsored

jimmyreal

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A dealership getting the actual color I want is the only reason I would be willing to pay "extra"
It was color + timing + $1,000 mil. discount that led me to "eh, whatever, sticker's fine, just don't put extra shit on it and have the paperwork waiting for me."

MrAmAzn

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It was color + timing + $1,000 mil. discount that led me to "eh, whatever, sticker's fine, just don't put extra shit on it and have the paperwork waiting for me."
I just got a call from another Dealership in the Raleigh area. Put another deposit down and my OTD price is $26.5k (Saleprice $24.5k). That's a done deal in my book ?? . They say that will be the price when the car arrives (Oct/Nov). Much better than the first dealership. Hopefully they won't neg and throw other shit in at the last minute.

jimmyreal

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just got a call from another Dealership in the Raleigh area. Put another deposit down and my OTD price is $26.5k (Saleprice $24.5k)
Mine was $26.3k OTD from Autopark, after incentives, so that's not bad at all. What dealer? I'll be shopping around when the '22 Si drops.

MrAmAzn

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Mine was $26.3k OTD from Autopark, after incentives, so that's not bad at all. What dealer? I'll be shopping around when the '22 Si drops.
Southpoint up in Durham. Funny you mention Autopark - they quoted me $28.5k OTD. No discounts and up'ed me roughly $400 in dealer add ons (which I didn't ask for).

jimmyreal

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Southpoint up in Durham. Funny you mention Autopark - they quoted me $28.5k OTD. No discounts and up'ed me roughly $400 in dealer add ons (which I didn't ask for).
That's Crown Honda. What's funny is I looked at a CR-V there last year & they pitched the dealer add-on crap, which is how I ended up at Autopark, who didn't. I'd much rather build a relationship with repeated win-win deals, but that's not possible when dealers won't see the forest for the trees.

MrAmAzn

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's Crown Honda. What's funny is I looked at a CR-V there last year & they pitched the dealer add-on crap, which is how I ended up at Autopark, who didn't. I'd much rather build a relationship with repeated win-win deals, but that's not possible when dealers won't see the forest for the trees.
Strange. I'm having the opposite experience. Autopark is doing this sneaky stuff and Crown/Southpoint is not (for now). The only thing that concerns me is the reviews coming out of crown/southpoint, but all the negative reviews are on their service department (which I don't care about for car sales). I live closer to Autopark so I'd probably go there for service anyway.

jimmyreal

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Strange. I'm having the opposite experience. Autopark is doing this sneaky stuff and Crown/Southpoint is not (for now). The only thing that concerns me is the reviews coming out of crown/southpoint, but all the negative reviews are on their service department (which I don't care about for car sales). I live closer to Autopark so I'd probably go there for service anyway.
It might be as simple as who answered the phone or email.

I have Wasp Automotive do the factory services and save the receipts in case a warranty issue pops up. I don't trust dealer service departments nor do I like their prices.

BMatt021

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus SE
Country flag
I just spent 2 weeks of my life trying to get under MSRP in the Milwaukee/Chicago area and they will not budge. The internet price they gave me was great then when I went in there they all want over MSRP for the Si. They are treating them like they are a mythic unicorn.... I'm like dude its just a Civic.

Long story short I got jerked around by David Hobbs Honda and Honda of Racine so don't even try them. I ended up in Shaumburg Honda which they were awesome so try and talk to them since they are not messing around and save yourself the headache unless you want to wait and see.
I appreciate the heads up on Shaumburg, I'm shopping in the Milwaukee area as well. I've tried Russ Darrow in Milwaukee, and Wilde Honda in Waukesha. They were asking $30k and $28.8 OTD respectively, which is more than I'm looking to spend. I was holding out hope for $25.5 OTD, but with Honda announcing that there wont be an Si for the 2021 model year, dealers are treating these cars like they are unicorns.

Definitely has been a frustrating experience, beginning to lose hope lol.

JTPitsch

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' M2, 18' CW CTR, 20' Civic Si
Country flag
I appreciate the heads up on Shaumburg, I'm shopping in the Milwaukee area as well. I've tried Russ Darrow in Milwaukee, and Wilde Honda in Waukesha. They were asking $30k and $28.8 OTD respectively, which is more than I'm looking to spend. I was holding out hope for $25.5 OTD, but with Honda announcing that there wont be an Si for the 2021 model year, dealers are treating these cars like they are unicorns.

Definitely has been a frustrating experience, beginning to lose hope lol.
If you can find one for MSRP then go for it and be happy. I'm very sorry that the dealerships around here are so greedy. I moved back to WI from Los Angeles and had nothing but wonderful experiences in the LA area. The dealerships would be honest and helpful and didn't treat you like a number.....

VTECFern

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping for a 2020 SI
Country flag
They were asking $30k and $28.8 OTD respectively, which is more than I'm looking to spend. I was holding out hope for $25.5 OTD, but with Honda announcing that there wont be an Si for the 2021 model year, dealers are treating these cars like they are unicorns.
Same in south florida. I will continue to hold out but I'm not going to pay 28K for a Civic SI

jayman84

First Name
Jamey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Same in south florida. I will continue to hold out but I'm not going to pay 28K for a Civic SI
Definitely hold out. No way I would pay more than MSRP. As long as your flexible on color you should be able to get one sooner or later. I guess the longer it gets into the year it might become harder though with the limited number they are producing at the moment. I wanted white and finally found a good deal but it took a month. Now this week I have like 4 dealers texting me asking to come in and buy the one's they just got in when a month ago no one around here had any sedans.

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree with jayman84.
There are two white sedans near me. No sedans of any color at all from May through August. It's a waiting game. That's how I got my blue Si coupe. Got what I wanted because I was patient and vigilant.

xtianoliver

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
MSRP: $25,930.00 Plus sales tax and fees.

Honda Discount: $2,947.80

Honda E-Price: $22,982.20 Plus sales tax, fees, and any dealer installed accessories!

Got mine for 25k OTD.

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan ā€¢ 03 Kawi ZX-6R 636
Country flag
23,655 sell price - 25,452 OTD with a 1K hooptie trade that I was more than happy to just get rid of. ?

Originally looked at a RR - only Si available locally - with grille accent, front and side underbody spoilers, footwell and door sill illumination, and chrome wheel locks. 29,625 sticker. ? But man, it looked good with the spoilers, AND in red! ? Online quote through TrueCar - 27,913. Told them I wasnā€™t paying $3,470 for $1,824 (Honda MSRP) in dealer installed options. ā€˜But we have to pay our service guys to install themā€™, yeah, yeah, whatever, Iā€™m not paying that much. I told them what Iā€™d give them for the car, plus $1,824 for the add-ons. They make money on the car, they make money on the add-on parts. Wouldnā€™t take it. We get up and start walking out, the sales guy runs in the managerā€™s office, runs back out and says ā€˜we have a silver one without the adds that hasnā€™t been touched yet in the back. I told him no thanks, then the wife pipes up ā€˜ooohhh, letā€™s at least look at itā€™. ?

Result: She liked the color better, the girl child still at home liked it better, the silver grew on me, now Iā€™m in love with my silver Si. ?
Sponsored