Sponsored

Last edited:

y0gur7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si - 2005 Pilot EX-L
Country flag
I paid full MSRP plus a $156 doc fee. The only concessions I received was the two sets of floor mats, cargo tray, wheel locks and "magic" air in the tires. The hardest part in my area was finding one without thousands tacked on for dealer add ons. My vehicle was nabbed right off the truck...the Si coupe offloaded first and had been through dealer prep picking up 3k in extras in the process.

ClemsonPatriot

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I paid $24,548 out the door.

Breakdown:
$23,784 sale price
$539 for tax/tag fees
$225 closing fee

Extra goodies I got for free: trunk tray, wheel locks, and mud guards!

And the usual free tank of gas, free first oil change, and washed/cleaned.

I am absolutely happy with my first ever new car purchase.

derekjl

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GTI, 2007 Infiniti G37x
Country flag
lol closing fee? what is this a house?

1.5CivicEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I paid $24,548 out the door.

Breakdown:
$23,784 sale price
$539 for tax/tag fees
$225 closing fee

Extra goodies I got for free: trunk tray, wheel locks, and mud guards!

And the usual free tank of gas, free first oil change, and washed/cleaned.

I am absolutely happy with my first ever new car purchase.
Congrats! $300 for SC taxes be it a Lambo or Si. I dig.

derekjl

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GTI, 2007 Infiniti G37x
Country flag
Have to assume that was a doc fee. And $225 is not too bad. $599 and up in the N. Virginia area. Ouch.
Yeah I hear. Here in NY they are capped at $75. So in the NoVa area people can sometimes think they are getting a killer deal on a car only to not factor in the "bend over" fee.

1.5CivicEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Yeah I hear. Here in NY they are capped at $75. So in the NoVa area people can sometimes think they are getting a killer deal on a car only to not factor in the "bend over" fee.
Yes and no. I'm not sure NOVA deals on Civics are good or bad yet. I haven't researched enough. I did get a quote for an EX-T Manual at $18.3, but you had to add on the $875 delivery and $300 doc fee so $19,475 before TTL. Seems decent. This was Maryland so doc fee capped at $300. But say for VW GTI's they are excellent, even with the added on $599-$699 doc fee. $6000 plus under MSRP for a GTI is standard in the NOVA area.

Ford vehicles are highly discounted in that area as well. Just depends on the make I guess. I visit the area often but don't live there. The last 2 cars I purchased were indeed from NOVA. No one in SC would even match Koons Ford price. I didn't ask them to go lower in SC, just match. They wouldn't. All SC dealers were $500 to $1500 more for the exact same vehicle w/same options. Since I visit a lot, it was a no brainer to buy from NOVA.

Just my back and forth from Honda dealers in the NOVA , they don't seem to like sending emails with pricing. They want you in there. Pretty frustrating. Except the one I received for the EX-T manual. Which is kind of crazy since there are very few rebates on a Civic. Military, College grad and that's it I think. Should be pretty straight forward but it's not.

1.5CivicEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Thanks man! Sadly it has bumped up too $500 in SC...
Really?? When did this happen? Damn, I'm based in SC though live/travel all over the place. Always enjoyed the $300 taxes capped. Not the end of the world I guess. And still better than most states. Guess the $300 couldn't last forever.

AsianGuy98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Although I havent received my Si yet this is what I paid for it.

Price: 23077
OTD: 24032

I am trading in a 2013 Odyssey so maybe that made the difference in price. They gave me middle lower range price on my Odyssey based on kbb trade in.

They are trying to locate a Blue Sedan for me.

ClemsonPatriot

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Really?? When did this happen? Damn, I'm based in SC though live/travel all over the place. Always enjoyed the $300 taxes capped. Not the end of the world I guess. And still better than most states. Guess the $300 couldn't last forever.
The cap moved up on July 1st, 2017.

runnin9z

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 97 Nsx
$23,200 sales price including destination.
$699 processing fee, and
$998 VA tax.

runnin9z

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 97 Nsx
of the dealer added stuff?

Exterior Protection: $485
Interior Protection: $285
Mud Guard Trim: $399
Accent Stripes: $196
Trunk Tray: $199
Rear Wing Spoiler: $0
Wheel Locks: $199
Window Tint: $595
DAMN!!! I would be super pissed about all that!! Having working at a dealer here is what those things ACTUALLY cost.

Exterior Protection: $10 for product + labor
Interior Protection: $10 for product + labor
Mud Guard Trim: $15
Accent Stripes: $5
Trunk Tray: $ 50-70 not sure what actual cost is
Rear Wing Spoiler: $0
Wheel Locks: $ 40
Window Tint: $150

I used to detail at a dealer while in college and then later sold for Honda. Those costs you paid are crazy. We used to have a guy that would come around that would do the mudflaps, door edge trim, and accent stripe for $30 a car. All that stuff is pure profit for the dealer. I had tint done on my car through the dealer for $150, but in the past i have never paid more then $300 at any tint shop in Northern VA where everything is marked up.

1.5CivicEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Thanks man! Sadly it has bumped up too $500 in SC...
Thanks! One last question.....$39 fees for registration? That's it? I had a VW dealer trying to charge $321 for registration a few months ago in their quote. It's totally illegal for a dealer to charge extra for taxes and any extra will indeed be refunded. Or should be by law. The registration process is another issue with dealers. I'm not sure they have to refund if they overcharge, and often charge over for out of state buyers, yet never refund.

When I asked the SC DMV in person about registering a new car purchased out of state, they said $35 registration in addition to the "then" $300 taxes. I told this VW dealer to pound sand. Not sure of the legalities of it though.
Sponsored