10th gen civic: Rear sway bar with or without anti-roll brace?

Bladi123490

First Name
Blad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic LX
Country flag
Hey,

I'm an old head so this is my first forum post ever; wanted to get some real reviews on this. I'm very knowledgeable on cars with many years working at a dealer, but there's no real evidence online for this one question I have just a lot of opinions on why a RSB brace is good to have. Basically, I want to know if the 22mm whiteline sway bar is something to worry about down the road when it comes to subframe mount warpage. It's a daily driver (sometime I take hard turns) but I can't really say if the thickness over the 16mm stock is enough to cause subframe mount warpage; the main reason for this is because i can't justify spending $250 on a part i do not need. My first thought is no since it's a daily, but who knows maybe the torsion force is enough to cause damage over a span of 5 years or so. Either way any feedback helps. Thanks
Sponsored

Methane Herder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
IIRC, the type R rear subframe part number is the same as all other Civic X models. (Edit Not Correct) I'm putting a type R bar (20.5mm) on my Si Saturday. I was a little concerned and that's why I did a part number check a while back.
If it is still concerning, put some wide flange washers under the bracket bases to spread the twisting moment out a bit more.
***EDIT***
Not the same part number and spreading the load with washers will not be effective.
There are stamped mounting bosses only slightly larger than the footprint of the mounting brackets.
A plate needs to tie all four mounting holes together to stiffen that part of the subframe.

MH

Last edited:

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Hey,

I'm an old head so this is my first forum post ever; wanted to get some real reviews on this. I'm very knowledgeable on cars with many years working at a dealer, but there's no real evidence online for this one question I have just a lot of opinions on why a RSB brace is good to have. Basically, I want to know if the 22mm whiteline sway bar is something to worry about down the road when it comes to subframe mount warpage. It's a daily driver (sometime I take hard turns) but I can't really say if the thickness over the 16mm stock is enough to cause subframe mount warpage; the main reason for this is because i can't justify spending $250 on a part i do not need. My first thought is no since it's a daily, but who knows maybe the torsion force is enough to cause damage over a span of 5 years or so. Either way any feedback helps. Thanks
If you take hard turns you’ll feel the difference with the thicker sway bar for sure. I would say it’s a good oem+ thing to do having driven a type r with thicker sway bars. The 22mm is more than enough

OP
OP

Bladi123490

First Name
Blad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic LX
Country flag
If you take hard turns you’ll feel the difference with the thicker sway bar for sure. I would say it’s a good oem+ thing to do having driven a type r with thicker sway bars. The 22mm is more than enough
I appreciate the response, but I already have the bar installed. I'm more looking to see if a brace is needed due to excess torsion forces on the mount.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
I am on over 40k miles with upgraded sway bars, on 2 different civics. Not a single issue.

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had to look up what you were talking about. Is this it? https://www.ebay.com/itm/115183041470

You definitely don't need. I wonder if you could even perceive the difference. I did front, rear, and mid braces. Running eibach RSB with stiffer accord end links 52k miles.

Pro tip: use lock washers on your end links! The nuts will definitely spin off even if you tighten the hell out of them.

OP
OP

Bladi123490

First Name
Blad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic LX
Country flag
I had to look up what you were talking about. Is this it? https://www.ebay.com/itm/115183041470

You definitely don't need. I wonder if you could even perceive the difference. I did front, rear, and mid braces. Running eibach RSB with stiffer accord end links 52k miles.

Pro tip: use lock washers on your end links! The nuts will definitely spin off even if you tighten the hell out of them.

Yes, those are the exact ones I looked up as well. Appreciate the feedback and tip.
Sponsored