xIaNG

First Name
Xiang Liu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Ex-L
Country flag
My 2017 Civic EXL 1.5 Turbo always making very loud whining and whistle noise every time when the car come to a completely stop. I went to the dealer so many time about this problem but they said everything is ok. But the noise is very bothers me, I have heard many people having the problem sometimes not all the time even I AC is off you can heard it more clearly. Is this normal? I have attached video with the noise that’s coming from the front hood.

mrturtle8088

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
My 2017 Civic EXL 1.5 Turbo always making very loud whining and whistle noise every time when the car come to a completely stop. I went to the dealer so many time about this problem but they said everything is ok. But the noise is very bothers me, I have heard many people having the problem sometimes not all the time even I AC is off you can heard it more clearly. Is this normal? I have attached video with the noise that’s coming from the front hood.
Completely normal for turbos to make that noise.

LoneWolf77

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
It's just the turbo spooling down. I actually like this noise and will sometimes turn the radio down so I can hear it lol

OP
OP
xIaNG

xIaNG

First Name
Xiang Liu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Ex-L
Country flag
It's just the turbo spooling down. I actually like this noise and will sometimes turn the radio down so I can hear it lol
The noise bothers me a lot ?, sometime I felt tired and didn’t want to heard the whining noise so I turn the my radio up lol

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
The noise bothers me a lot ?, sometime I felt tired and didn’t want to heard the whining noise so I turn the my radio up lol
Ah yes, the "built-in mechanic" as one of my friends likes to say.
Sponsored