lbs.si

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
I have a 2019 Honda Civic Sport, I got with a 6 speed manual. The motor is a K20C2.

The issue is that if I let the rev's hang a little bit it throws three codes ( Ill provide pictures down below ) the car kind of struggles to gain speed even with the throttle all the way down. I took it to the dealer, and they told me that the issue was the Cams Shafts itself. Which are Intake and Exhaust. They didn't give me a price; all they said was " It will be at your own expense ". Which knowing how the dealer works, they'll charge so much for a job like that. But I don't believe that's the issue. I just think the car is out of timing or something. Let me know if you any solutions to this

If you drive the car more, you get these lights and it kind of scares me! ( Second Picture )
Honda Civic 10th gen 10th Gen Civic limp Mode Issue IMG_3444
Honda Civic 10th gen 10th Gen Civic limp Mode Issue IMG_3082

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There is no way a problem related to the engine isn't covered under warranty on this car...the base warranty is 5 years and it includes everything that is wet...take the car to a honda dealership....you bought it used from another shop?

joe3456789

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I have a 2019 Honda Civic Sport, I got with a 6 speed manual. The motor is a K20C2.

The issue is that if I let the rev's hang a little bit it throws three codes ( Ill provide pictures down below ) the car kind of struggles to gain speed even with the throttle all the way down. I took it to the dealer, and they told me that the issue was the Cams Shafts itself. Which are Intake and Exhaust. They didn't give me a price; all they said was " It will be at your own expense ". Which knowing how the dealer works, they'll charge so much for a job like that. But I don't believe that's the issue. I just think the car is out of timing or something. Let me know if you any solutions to this

If you drive the car more, you get these lights and it kind of scares me! ( Second Picture )
IMG_3444.jpg
IMG_3082.jpg
Disconnect the battery first for like 30 minutes. Drive for a bit and it should disappear. Fixed mine and haven't came back yet. KNOCKY ON WOODY

OP
OP

lbs.si

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
There is no way a problem related to the engine isn't covered under warranty on this car...the base warranty is 5 years and it includes everything that is wet...take the car to a honda dealership....you bought it used from another shop?
The car was bought at a dealer ship, with zero miles. I’m the first owner. I have taken it to the dealer and they said “ it’s my intake cam and exhaust cam “ they wanted out of pocket. Which in dealer sense they’ll probably want 2k to do some type of work like that.

OP
OP

lbs.si

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Disconnect the battery first for like 30 minutes. Drive for a bit and it should disappear. Fixed mine and haven't came back yet. KNOCKY ON WOODY
It may reset the codes but won’t solve the issue, I’ve done this many times. Thanks for the suggestion.

joe3456789

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
It may reset the codes but won’t solve the issue, I’ve done this many times. Thanks for the suggestion.
Oh, well it happened to me and never came back. In my case, it was different then.

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan • 03 Kawi ZX-6R 636
Country flag
The car was bought at a dealer ship, with zero miles. I’m the first owner. I have taken it to the dealer and they said “ it’s my intake cam and exhaust cam “ they wanted out of pocket. Which in dealer sense they’ll probably want 2k to do some type of work like that.
Did they tell you WHY it wouldn't be covered under warranty? That should absolutely be covered.

Leaux

First Name
Leaux
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Still having the issues?

My advice, press hard on the "stealership", but DON'T allude to anything you did. If they baulk, ask to speak to the service manager and general manager. Tell them the issues, the car is under warranty, and if you don't fix it, then you'll not only contact Honda of North America, BBB, and local media.

You can take it to another dealership (if one is available) and see what they say, just don't allude to anything you did.

Years ago I had an issue with a new '92 Firebird, so much so, that I pursued the Lemon Law on it. The regional GM rep got involved with my case. Turns out, the "stealership" replaced parts with non-GM parts. In the end, I took it to a different dealership, they treated me really good there.

OP
OP

lbs.si

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Did they tell you WHY it wouldn't be covered under warranty? That should absolutely be covered.
Because it was like brakes, oil changes, and shit like that. They called it a over rev issue.

OP
OP

lbs.si

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Still having the issues?

My advice, press hard on the "stealership", but DON'T allude to anything you did. If they baulk, ask to speak to the service manager and general manager. Tell them the issues, the car is under warranty, and if you don't fix it, then you'll not only contact Honda of North America, BBB, and local media.

You can take it to another dealership (if one is available) and see what they say, just don't allude to anything you did.

Years ago I had an issue with a new '92 Firebird, so much so, that I pursued the Lemon Law on it. The regional GM rep got involved with my case. Turns out, the "stealership" replaced parts with non-GM parts. In the end, I took it to a different dealership, they treated me really good there.
The only issue I see with my part is I had the car “modified” but just ride height. Nothing engine wise. Just a drop in k&n filter.

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan • 03 Kawi ZX-6R 636
Country flag
Because it was like brakes, oil changes, and shit like that. They called it a over rev issue.
Now, we're getting somewhere...

Have you over-revved the engine on a missed downshift - be honest? If so, did it go into limp mode immediately after? Over-rev can seriously damage your valvetrain, and even the bottom end like the crankshaft and connecting rods.

Quip

First Name
Paper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rallye Red
Country flag
Smells fishy.

limp mode usually equates to someone having an “ut-oh” moment.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
If there's a stored overrev code, you're screwed. What happens is, say you meant to downshift from 6th to 4th but grabbed 2nd instead. When you hit that crazy high rpm way above redline, a code is stored in the ECU that Honda can see. It has to be a true money shift, just bouncing off the rev limiter won't cause the stored overrev code.

On the other hand, are you saying you never did this? And that you just drive the car "normally" and Honda is denying coverage? Plus you also say the vehicle is stock except for a drop in filter. If all that is true, the dealer has to cover things as part of the drivetrain coverage.

Updated edit: Looks like the OP may not have been completely honest.

"Completely stock bro, All I have is a drop in K&N Filter."

Check this out:
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/ktuner-v2-led-help.55268/
Sponsored

Last edited: