Status
Not open for further replies.

ricanflow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatch EX
Country flag
How easy is it to install the side marker LEDs? I want to get rid of the amber ones and since you have some in stock I'm contemplating buying some along with some interior bulbs as well.
They're so easy, I actually did mine in like 30-45 minutes.
Sponsored

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
They're so easy, I actually did mine in like 30-45 minutes.
Are you changing out the entire housing assembly or just the bulb itself? I tackled this project over the weekend and installed clear side markers on my Type R using ones that I bought from Suma Performance. The driver's side was perfect but the passenger side has an ugly gap. I am considering removing them because of possible water intrusion. Not satisfied with their product and if you're using them and you have a non-Type R, the assembly should fit just fine without any issues.

ricanflow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatch EX
Country flag
Are you changing out the entire housing assembly or just the bulb itself? I tackled this project over the weekend and installed clear side markers on my Type R using ones that I bought from Suma Performance. The driver's side was perfect but the passenger side has an ugly gap. I am considering removing them because of possible water intrusion. Not satisfied with their product and if you're using them and you have a non-Type R, the assembly should fit just fine without any issues.
I swapped out the entire housing assembly. The ones I bought are sequential side markers and have to be connected to the turn signal wiring to function when you turn on your signals

Zaragoza.gee

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Coupe
Country flag
So I've gone through this thread and a couple other people have asked as well and so far no answers. Does anyone know what bulbs power the 3rd brake light at the top of the rear window and what bulbs power the rear running lights on the tail lights

eee.ccc

First Name
Vale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 DC5, 2019 Si Sedan
Country flag
So I've gone through this thread and a couple other people have asked as well and so far no answers. Does anyone know what bulbs power the 3rd brake light at the top of the rear window and what bulbs power the rear running lights on the tail lights

I have a si sedan so my 3rd light doesn't apply to yours.
But I believe the running lights are a built in LED circuit board, similar to the running L shaped running lights on the headlight.
These bulbs can't be changed it seems.
I'm not 100% certain, but I haven't been able to find the 'sockets' for said running light bulbs on the rear.

For the front running lights, I'm quite sure they're built in.

Zaragoza.gee

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Coupe
Country flag
I have a si sedan so my 3rd light doesn't apply to yours.
But I believe the running lights are a built in LED circuit board, similar to the running L shaped running lights on the headlight.
These bulbs can't be changed it seems.
I'm not 100% certain, but I haven't been able to find the 'sockets' for said running light bulbs on the rear.

For the front running lights, I'm quite sure they're built in.
I've just took apart the 3rd brake light, it appears to be an led strip as well. It just doesn't look like it from the outside as it has a weird textured plastic covering over it.

Idiot

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2007 f150
Country flag
Any one know the vanity mirror bulb size for the 2020 Civic Si? It changed from the 2018 I had..
You ever figure it out?
I ordered some from typerleds but they don't seem to fit

youo34

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe Sport 2019
Country flag
Hi! Probably a noob question but, reading how the fog light takes a 35W bulb? if i went to amazon and bought an LED bulb stating its 60W, is there a big issue? What damages would it cause?

eee.ccc

First Name
Vale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 DC5, 2019 Si Sedan
Country flag
@youo34
did you check if the amazon ad stated it was 60 watt per bulb or 60 watt per pair?
Personally I would be concerned if it is truly 60W per bulb.
not a fan of amazon bulbs either way silicone gaskets in these prone to suboptimal sealing -> moisture accumulation in housing (happened to me). will be getting Diode Dynamics SS3 MAX once my housing rots/current amazon bulbs blow

youo34

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe Sport 2019
Country flag
@youo34
did you check if the amazon ad stated it was 60 watt per bulb or 60 watt per pair?
Personally I would be concerned if it is truly 60W per bulb.
not a fan of amazon bulbs either way silicone gaskets in these prone to suboptimal sealing -> moisture accumulation in housing (happened to me). will be getting Diode Dynamics SS3 MAX once my housing rots/current amazon bulbs blow
its these lets say,
https://www.amazon.ca/TUINCYN-H11-H...ords=H8+35w+6500k&qid=1606592784&sr=8-30&th=1

Looks like from the description its per set meaning its 30W per bulb so it would be okay?

• ❶ H11/H9/H8/H16JP LED Headlight Bulb with 12pcs Top Automotive-Grade CSP LED Chip, Xenon White 6500K Color Temperature, High Lumens 60W 12000LM Per Set, DC 11-30V(fit 12V, 24V vehicles) Operating Voltage. More Bright Than The Halogen Bulb.

eee.ccc

First Name
Vale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 DC5, 2019 Si Sedan
Country flag
@youo34
if you can trust them, yep 30W per bulb is less than stock i believe
should be fine

let me know if you develop condensation in the housing after you use them for awhile

exCat

First Name
Istvan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.0T Elegance
Country flag
its these lets say,
https://www.amazon.ca/TUINCYN-H11-H8-LED-2-Year-Warranty/dp/B081GD8GPZ/ref=sr_1_30?dchild=1&keywords=H8+35w+6500k&qid=1606592784&sr=8-30&th=1

Looks like from the description its per set meaning its 30W per bulb so it would be okay?

• ❶ H11/H9/H8/H16JP LED Headlight Bulb with 12pcs Top Automotive-Grade CSP LED Chip, Xenon White 6500K Color Temperature, High Lumens 60W 12000LM Per Set, DC 11-30V(fit 12V, 24V vehicles) Operating Voltage. More Bright Than The Halogen Bulb.
Try this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001268098767.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.62283c00C94eit&mp=1

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hey everyone,

I'm a little confused about the list in the beginning of this thread.

I have a 2020 Si Coupe and I wanna replace the rear brake, turn signal, and backup lights. I went on theretrofightsource.com site and I'm able to find the brake lights (1156 / BA15S [Coupe]) but cannot find anything for the turn signal (Rear: BAU15 [Coupe]) or reverse lights (Bax9s [Coupe])
. Can someone point me in the right direction? Or is it that they just don't have those bulbs?

I'm using this webpage on TRS. Thanks for the help.

17SIYoDood

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Si
Country flag
Hey everyone,

I have a 2020 Si Coupe and I wanna replace the rear brake, turn signal, and backup lights. I went on theretrofightsource.com site and I'm able to find the brake lights (1156 / BA15S [Coupe]) but cannot find anything for the turn signal (Rear: BAU15 [Coupe]) or reverse lights (Bax9s [Coupe])
. Can someone point me in the right direction? Or is it that they just don't have those bulbs?

your gonna need load resistors for the rear turn signal... i found a plug and play kit on amazon

OP
OP
TypeRLEDs

TypeRLEDs

#1 Source for 10thgen LEDs
Threads
Reaction score
Website
TypeRLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey everyone,

We have all of those available on our website. www.TypeRLEDs.com ?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.