bugboy32337

First Name
John
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just to be clear there are 2 separate bulbs (1 for Low beam / 1High beam) for each headlight?
YES

Advertisement

ksat

Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan - Modern Steel
Country flag
Hello Welcome!

Here is a list of Bulb sizes for our vehicles.

Fog Light (non LED Fog ligths)
  • H8 35w
Thanks!
So, after reviewing the entire thread and some other posts, I'm not finding much information on replacing stock FOG lights/bulbs with LED's. Is this a full replacement or just a bulb replacement? I see some of you have gone with yellow fogs and I see CollegeHills has what appears to be full replacements available.

Is there a bulb-only replacement? If so, what would be the best option?

thanks all!

Honda 4life

Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda civic lx
Country flag
Do i need to add resistor on reverse light?? Thanks.

_dc_

Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, after reviewing the entire thread and some other posts, I'm not finding much information on replacing stock FOG lights/bulbs with LED's. Is this a full replacement or just a bulb replacement? I see some of you have gone with yellow fogs and I see CollegeHills has what appears to be full replacements available.

Is there a bulb-only replacement? If so, what would be the best option?

thanks all!
The 2019 fogs and CTR fogs are led units. They will fit older Civics, but you'll have to splice the wires. There's a thread somewhere where someone did that.

You can also replace the halogen bulbs with H8 LED bulbs that are direct plug in replacements. Some of these have fans for cooling which tend to make noise and interfere with radio reception.

SiTurbo269

First Name
Joey
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
You say if installing led turn signals you need a load resistor? Where does that go? I’m replacing the side markers with smoke with led, do I need them? Or you mean the light in headlight housing?..

Hello Welcome!

Here is a list of Bulb sizes for our vehicles.

Interior (All Models):
  • Map Lights : (2) T10/194
  • Rear Dome/Cabin: (1) T10/194
  • Trunk/Cargo: (1) T10/194
  • Vanity/MirrorVisor : (2) T5
Exterior:
  • Side Marker bulb: (2) T10/194
Reverse Back Up light:
  • T10/194 Hatchback/Sedan
  • Bax9s (Coupe)
Brake Light:
  • 7440 Hatchback/Sedan
  • 1156 / BA15S(Coupe)
Turn Signals:
  • Front: 7440 - Hatch/Sedan/Coupe
  • Rear: 7440 - Hatch/Sedan
  • Rear: BAU15 (Coupe)
**Note if installing LED turn signals for front and back; you'll require a load resistor for either both or one.
If installing turn signals from Type R LEDs front and back you'll require 1 set of extra load resistors.**

Fog Light (non LED Fog ligths)
  • H8 35w
Lowbeam (non LED head light)
  • H11b 55w
Highbeam (non LED head light)
  • Hb3 55w
If I missed anything or need to correct anything feel free to add it here.

Thanks!

Honda 4life

Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda civic lx
Country flag
You say if installing led turn signals you need a load resistor? Where does that go? I’m replacing the side markers with smoke with led, do I need them? Or you mean the light in headlight housing?..
  • NOTE: When installing 2 sets of turn signals front and back, only 1 extra set of load resistors will be needed.

Sorry my english is bad.

Afaik you dont need resistor on side marker led. Resistor prevent the turn signal led to hyperflash but the one they selling(turn signal light) it has built in resistor.

1 pair(front or back) turn signal led= no need resistor

2 pair(front and back) you need 1 pair of resistor. You can install the resistor either in front or back.

Someone selling a plug and play resistor on youtube.

MikeM1991

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The 2019 fogs and CTR fogs are led units. They will fit older Civics, but you'll have to splice the wires. There's a thread somewhere where someone did that.

You can also replace the halogen bulbs with H8 LED bulbs that are direct plug in replacements. Some of these have fans for cooling which tend to make noise and interfere with radio reception.
I have a 2019 Sport Touring Hatch, I have LED's all round except the Fogs that are Halogen, so the H8 LED's are direct plug and play replacements? I've thought about changing them out for LED's ever since I got the car and I just stumbled onto this thread.

gusrock77

First Name
Gus
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic Si coupe, 2019 Honda Passport
Country flag
Any one know the vanity mirror bulb size for the 2020 Civic Si? It changed from the 2018 I had..