Country flag

ksat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan - Modern Steel
Country flag
Hello Welcome!

Here is a list of Bulb sizes for our vehicles.

Fog Light (non LED Fog ligths)
  • H8 35w
Thanks!
So, after reviewing the entire thread and some other posts, I'm not finding much information on replacing stock FOG lights/bulbs with LED's. Is this a full replacement or just a bulb replacement? I see some of you have gone with yellow fogs and I see CollegeHills has what appears to be full replacements available.

Is there a bulb-only replacement? If so, what would be the best option?

thanks all!

Honda 4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic lx
Country flag
Do i need to add resistor on reverse light?? Thanks.

_dc_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, after reviewing the entire thread and some other posts, I'm not finding much information on replacing stock FOG lights/bulbs with LED's. Is this a full replacement or just a bulb replacement? I see some of you have gone with yellow fogs and I see CollegeHills has what appears to be full replacements available.

Is there a bulb-only replacement? If so, what would be the best option?

thanks all!
The 2019 fogs and CTR fogs are led units. They will fit older Civics, but you'll have to splice the wires. There's a thread somewhere where someone did that.

You can also replace the halogen bulbs with H8 LED bulbs that are direct plug in replacements. Some of these have fans for cooling which tend to make noise and interfere with radio reception.

SiTurbo269

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
You say if installing led turn signals you need a load resistor? Where does that go? I’m replacing the side markers with smoke with led, do I need them? Or you mean the light in headlight housing?..

Hello Welcome!

Interior (All Models):
  • Map Lights : (2) T10/194
  • Rear Dome/Cabin: (1) T10/194
  • Trunk/Cargo: (1) T10/194
  • Vanity/MirrorVisor : (2) T5
Exterior:
  • Side Marker bulb: (2) T10/194
Reverse Back Up light:
  • T10/194 Hatchback/Sedan
  • Bax9s (Coupe)
Brake Light:
  • 7440 Hatchback/Sedan
  • 1156 / BA15S(Coupe)
Turn Signals:
  • Front: 7440 - Hatch/Sedan/Coupe
  • Rear: 7440 - Hatch/Sedan
  • Rear: BAU15 (Coupe)
**Note if installing LED turn signals for front and back; you'll require a load resistor for either both or one.
If installing turn signals from Type R LEDs front and back you'll require 1 set of extra load resistors.**

• H8 35w
Lowbeam (non LED head light)
  • H11b 55w
Highbeam (non LED head light)
  • Hb3 55w
If I missed anything or need to correct anything feel free to add it here.

Thanks!

Honda 4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic lx
Country flag
You say if installing led turn signals you need a load resistor? Where does that go? I’m replacing the side markers with smoke with led, do I need them? Or you mean the light in headlight housing?..
  • NOTE: When installing 2 sets of turn signals front and back, only 1 extra set of load resistors will be needed.

Sorry my english is bad.

Afaik you dont need resistor on side marker led. Resistor prevent the turn signal led to hyperflash but the one they selling(turn signal light) it has built in resistor.

1 pair(front or back) turn signal led= no need resistor

2 pair(front and back) you need 1 pair of resistor. You can install the resistor either in front or back.

Someone selling a plug and play resistor on youtube.

MikeM1991

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The 2019 fogs and CTR fogs are led units. They will fit older Civics, but you'll have to splice the wires. There's a thread somewhere where someone did that.

You can also replace the halogen bulbs with H8 LED bulbs that are direct plug in replacements. Some of these have fans for cooling which tend to make noise and interfere with radio reception.
I have a 2019 Sport Touring Hatch, I have LED's all round except the Fogs that are Halogen, so the H8 LED's are direct plug and play replacements? I've thought about changing them out for LED's ever since I got the car and I just stumbled onto this thread.

gusrock77

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si coupe, 2019 Honda Passport
Country flag
Any one know the vanity mirror bulb size for the 2020 Civic Si? It changed from the 2018 I had..

eee.ccc

First Name
Vale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 DC5, 2019 Si Sedan
Country flag
On the rear tail lights on a sedan, does anyone know what bulbs power the 'running accent lights' when the car is on?
(Not referring to the brake light)

eee.ccc

First Name
Vale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 DC5, 2019 Si Sedan
Country flag
@MikeM1991 I can confirm the foglights are H8/H11 (both will fit and are negligibly different if not exactly the same)
Caveat : alot of aftermarket bulbs will fit but the gasket that comes with aftermarket bulbs may not completely seal up the housing leading to moisture.
I made this mistake and gave up trying to seal it up. When the bulbs die I'm getting the diode dynamics ss3 pros

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
Hello Welcome!

Interior (All Models):
Exterior:
Reverse Back Up light:
  • Bax9s (Coupe)
Brake Light:
  • 7440 Hatchback/Sedan
  • 1156 / BA15S(Coupe)
Turn Signals:
**Note if installing LED turn signals for front and back; you'll require a load resistor for either both or one.
If installing turn signals from Type R LEDs front and back you'll require 1 set of extra load resistors.**

• H8 35w
  • H11b 55w
  • Hb3 55w

Thanks!
Thanks for the LED guide that you put together. This comes in handy when trying to select the amount of bulbs needed to fill the important locations around the interior and also exterior of the vehicle.

I'm not certain though about one detail. Can you please confirm that the backup lights on the Type R are also T10's? Also, there was no mention of license plate lighting. Are those T10s as well? On the Lasfit website, when I select "Reverse Backup Trunk Cargo Light Bulbs", the say to use 921/912 W16W bulbs.

By looking at the configuration, these 912s appear to have 2x as many LED's on the PCB board so we can assume they would be much brighter. Can you please confirm what is the correct size to go with? If they're all T10s, then I can just grab a 10 pack and call it a day. Thanks!

geolemon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Honda Civic EX (original owner), '17 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Hello Welcome!

Interior (All Models):
Exterior:
Reverse Back Up light:
  • Bax9s (Coupe)
Brake Light:
  • 7440 Hatchback/Sedan
  • 1156 / BA15S(Coupe)
Turn Signals:

• H8 35w
  • H11b 55w
  • Hb3 55w

Thanks!
Surprised no one has asked either of these -

1) I'd like to eliminate the passive amber reflection of the (unlit) bulbs in the daylight. Are there LED options that simply illuminate amber but aren't physically colored amber when not lit?

2) I'd like to do the same for the rear, and additionally have the bulbs flash red rather than amber. Since the turn signals and brake lights are both 7440, can I just use an LED brake light bulb?

Specifically on the OP's website, I see a red taillight bulb that looks to use non-tinted LED elements, so wouldn't cause any passive color reflection. Since these are technically brake bulbs, do these come with resistors, and if so are they built in or in-line? Or do I need to cut my harness wiring?
Is there a turn signal option, maybe from that supplier, with an amber [with resistors] version for the front?

eee.ccc

First Name
Vale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 DC5, 2019 Si Sedan
Country flag
Surprised no one has asked either of these -

1) I'd like to eliminate the passive amber reflection of the (unlit) bulbs in the daylight. Are there LED options that simply illuminate amber but aren't physically colored amber when not lit? actually most LEDs don't have a big glass orange ball so most amber LEDs would accomplish what youre set out to do. However, most good LEDs are attached to a metal heatsink so you may get some grey off of that. (or whatever they decide to paint the heatsink)

2) I'd like to do the same for the rear, and additionally have the bulbs flash red rather than amber. Since the turn signals and brake lights are both 7440, can I just use an LED brake light bulb?
I don't think colour matters as long as the bulbs fit and it appears it will given that they're both 7440 bulbs.

Specifically on the OP's website, I see a red taillight bulb that looks to use non-tinted LED elements, so wouldn't cause any passive color reflection. Since these are technically brake bulbs, do these come with resistors, and if so are they built in or in-line? Or do I need to cut my harness wiring?
Is there a turn signal option, maybe from that supplier, with an amber [with resistors] version for the front? (not sure)

Mr. Honda

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic si sedan
Country flag
How easy is it to install the side marker LEDs? I want to get rid of the amber ones and since you have some in stock I'm contemplating buying some along with some interior bulbs as well.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.