Status
Not open for further replies.

Acey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Coupe Si HFP
Country flag
Question: anyone replaced the rear signal bulbs on the coupe?
1623893646585.png

Any recommendations? is it tricky to replace? did you get errors or anything i should know?

I don't want something incredibly bright to not alert the cops, but at the same time i find the orange bulb in there ugly especially since i did the tint on them it kinda give a weird colour to the tint...
Changing the coupe rear signals takes maybe 2 minutes per side. I also have the ones from https://typerleds.com/ and they are bright as absolute hell. One failed after a couple months and they sent a new one. Anything brighter is a hazard and I already signal as little as possible. From 8+ years of having stupidly bright aftermarket signals you get in the habit of not ever just sitting with your signal on and blinding people.

The OEM front LED signals in the Touring lights are nuts. I noticed I can see them flashing off signs in bright sun today. Just ridiculous.

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Changing the coupe rear signals takes maybe 2 minutes per side. I also have the ones from https://typerleds.com/ and they are bright as absolute hell. One failed after a couple months and they sent a new one. Anything brighter is a hazard and I already signal as little as possible. From 8+ years of having stupidly bright aftermarket signals you get in the habit of not ever just sitting with your signal on and blinding people.

The OEM front LED signals in the Touring lights are nuts. I noticed I can see them flashing off signs in bright sun today. Just ridiculous.
yeah thanks for your input mate it confirm what i tought i saw some huge ass ones from lasfit and others and i believe it's WAYYYY overkill...i want' something that may look closer to stock if at all possible...i think the ones i selected are smaller with less LED so they should be less bright right? :)

Like.....DAANNNNNGGGG
Honda Civic 10th gen 10th Gen Civic Light Bulb Size Guide 1623894671700

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

have you replaced the reverse bulbs and the brake light bulbs? any recommendation on those?

EDIT: i will also replace the front ones while i'm at it!

Honda Civic 10th gen 10th Gen Civic Light Bulb Size Guide 1623896164691

Last edited:

Acey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Coupe Si HFP
Country flag
have you replaced the reverse bulbs and the brake light bulbs? any recommendation on those?

EDIT: i will also replace the front ones while i'm at it!

1623896164691.png
Don't buy anything from TypeRLEDs by the way. Not a single thing. Scroll up in this thread to see why. Their rebranded Chinese bulb failed in my car after a few months and they tried to put me on blast in this thread before replacing it.

My brake lights in the coupe are these: https://www.amazon.ca/Philips-1156-Intense-Vision-light/dp/B00P2D41DW Not sure they're any brighter than stock but at least you get the instant illumination of LED and a consistent look. I haven't bothered swapping my reverse.

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't buy anything from TypeRLEDs by the way. Not a single thing. Scroll up in this thread to see why. Their rebranded Chinese bulb failed in my car after a few months and they tried to put me on blast in this thread before replacing it.

My brake lights in the coupe are these: https://www.amazon.ca/Philips-1156-Intense-Vision-light/dp/B00P2D41DW Not sure they're any brighter than stock but at least you get the instant illumination of LED and a consistent look. I haven't bothered swapping my reverse.
Alright many thanks for the heads up...indeed I think I'll do the brake lights after just for consistency...instant illumination is indeed...cool hehe

Last edited:

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I also replaced my brake lights and reverse lights. Brake/signal lights I got from typerleds.com, reverse lights I got from Amazon. I think they were iJDMtoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.