Justintime86

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport hatchback cvt
Country flag
I have a 2017 civic sport hatchback. I had the front wheels jacked up while checking a noise i was hearing. I had the electronic parking brake on while giving the car throttle. All the sudden all in check engine lights came up. Abs, traction control, electronic break blinking. When i try to engage the parking break i hear a grinding sound sound from under the engine bay. The brake will not engage at all. Any suggestions or similar issues?
Sponsored

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
I guess as you jacked up front wheel to check the noise the PCM & BCM thought something is wrong (since the wheels were in air) do one thing disconnect the battery for sometime and reconnect (ecu will go back to learning mode and all light will be on for few minutes) drive for few minutes slowly then all should come back to normal.

Report back if it's not solved

OP
OP

Justintime86

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport hatchback cvt
Country flag
I guess as you jacked up front wheel to check the noise the PCM & BCM thought something is wrong (since the wheels were in air) do one thing disconnect the battery for sometime and reconnect (ecu will go back to learning mode and all light will be on for few minutes) drive for few minutes slowly then all should come back to normal.

Report back if it's not solved
I unplugged the battery for 2 hours and drive for 35 minutes and it did nothing. I even went to auto zone and cleared the code but did nothing. Thanks for the suggestion though.

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
I unplugged the battery for 2 hours and drive for 35 minutes and it did nothing. I even went to auto zone and cleared the code but did nothing. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Do you think it is related to the noise that you were hearing?

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
Did you jack up the front of the vehicle and drive the wheels, allowing them to spin? Sounds like the car freaking the f out applying the ABS. These cars do not like that AT ALL lol.

itbedave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Your e-brakes are on the rear... So I don't get the connection with the sound under the hood. I only know this because I just replaced my rear rotors and pads and had to remove the e-brakes in order to compress the pistons.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Your e-brakes are on the rear... So I don't get the connection with the sound under the hood. I only know this because I just replaced my rear rotors and pads and had to remove the e-brakes in order to compress the pistons.
It could be an issue with the ABS module which is under the hood. Just an idea.

itbedave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It could be an issue with the ABS module which is under the hood. Just an idea.
That's more likely. And sorry for reviving an old thread. I'm curious what he found the problem was.

Cmy67chevy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic ex 1.5 t
Country flag
I have a 2017 civic sport hatchback. I had the front wheels jacked up while checking a noise i was hearing. I had the electronic parking brake on while giving the car throttle. All the sudden all in check engine lights came up. Abs, traction control, electronic break blinking. When i try to engage the parking break i hear a grinding sound sound from under the engine bay. The brake will not engage at all. Any suggestions or similar issues?
Did you get it fixed? I did the exact same thing now I need to fix it. Thank you
Sponsored