10th Gen Civic 1/4 Mile Times

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey I hit 103.5(little round up... ;)) on street tires. Stock FMIC stock front pipe cheap intake with a "base" turbo...

Give me an SI turbo, prl FMIC, prl front pipe, and their CAI and maybe I could get a lot closer. Realistically thats over 5mph faster though so I still may not have done it but I'd hope I could...

But now that little baby turbo is gone... Hope to surpass 108 next trip to Pacific raceways.

I honestly can't wait to see you run Matt. Your 1/4 mile time has been my sole focus since I started back into this, this year. It's an awesome time and great baseline for people to try to attain. I'm hoping you get a killer 1/4 mile time with your upgraded turbo and can't wait for your results. In the meantime, I'm still squeezing what I can out of this stocker. Shi*, I hope you can hit 12's. :beer:
Sponsored

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here are my times! Best of the day was at 13.34 @107.88

PRL Race DP/FP
PRL Flex Fuel Kit
PRL FMIC
Greddy Exhaust
27WON RMM
27WON CAI
27WON W1 Turbo
BC Racing BR Coilovers on stiffest setting for final run
KtunerV2 (pedal dance to turn off vsa for all runs except the 2nd run)
18x8.5 Konig Ampliform
Continental DWS06 235/40/18 at 36 psi

Custom Tuned by Derek Robinson at IMW

292whp/258wtq on e35 blend

2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Honda Civic 10th gen 10th Gen Civic 1/4 Mile Times 20190824_143443

Last edited:

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Crappy video of 1st run. Sun was on glass of phone so hard to see.

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
  1. [email protected] mph, 60ft - 2.172, 'D' Gear
  2. [email protected], 60ft - 2.179, 'S' Gear
  3. [email protected], 60ft - 2.177, 'L' Gear (Machine gun back fire once rpms hit 6000rpm. Don't just mash the accelerator in 'L' gear with a tune. Stock was fine)
  4. [email protected], 60ft - 2.200, 'L' Gear (Myxal Two-Step, no machine gun backfire when doing this. Still low trap speed)
  5. [email protected], 60ft - 2.179, 'D' Gear
  6. [email protected], 60ft - 2.195, 'D' Gear (Myxal Two-Step)
  7. [email protected], 60ft - 2.178, 'S' Gear (Myxal Two-Step)
  8. [email protected], 60ft - 2.250, 'S' Gear
  9. [email protected], 60ft - 2.221, 'D' Gear
Very interesting, can someone explain why D gear is faster than S?
Or has this something to do with the tuning?

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Very interesting, can someone explain why D gear is faster than S?
Or has this something to do with the tuning?
I wish I could. I never knew why it was faster that run. I know back then, 'L' gear actually made me lose traction. I run exclusively in 'L' gear now.

Here are my times! Best of the day was at 13.34 @107.88

PRL Race DP/FP
PRL Flex Fuel Kit
PRL FMIC
Greddy Exhaust
27WON RMM
27WON CAI
27WON W1 Turbo
BC Racing BR Coilovers on stiffest setting for final run
KtunerV2 (pedal dance to turn off vsa for all runs except the 2nd run)
18x8.5 Konig Ampliform
Continental DWS06 235/40/18 at 36 psi

Custom Tuned by Derek Robinson at IMW

292whp/258wtq on e35 blend

2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
20190824_143443.jpg

@xjoshuax89 Did you have your GoPro on during our race and when you raced the other hatchback? I appreciate the run. It was exciting. My car goes into the shop next week. ;)

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wish I could. I never knew why it was faster that run. I know back then, 'L' gear actually made me lose traction. I run exclusively in 'L' gear now.

@xjoshuax89 Did you have your GoPro on during our race and when you raced the other hatchback? I appreciate the run. It was exciting. My car goes into the shop next week. ;)
Yup. Got our run recorded and video file is ready for upload after I get back home from work.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Car: 2018 Honda Civic Hatchback
Trans: CVT
Power: ?
Mods: Myxal SRI-CAI (PRL Race Maf), PRL Downpipe and Frontpipe, Hybrid 3" Injen Exhaust, Custom Tune
Track: Cecil County Dragway
Elevation: 320 feet

Went to test to see if having a 3" Frontpipe and 3" Injen Exhaust along with a custom tune (Vs TSP Stage 1 Beta) would make a difference in my 1/4 mile time and trap speed. No dice! Conditions were very similar to my previous 1/4 mile times back in May/June. Temps were within 3 degrees, air density within 200ft as well. No difference in 1/4 mile time or trap speed. I can honestly say now that the turbo is maxxed out. It's doing great though. Time to test new things and ideas. I can say Advanced VSA seems to be doing it's job. I couldn't get my 60ft time back in the 2.1's since I could only do this when temps where 45f or lower at the track. No doubt though that even with a CVT, the car can move out pretty good on street tires since the 60ft times are great in that respect.

The 'famous' 13.3@107mph 27Won/Flex Fuel CVT (@xjoshuax89) Civic is to the right in the pic below. A very nice Civic CVT (Who ran a 13.9 on one of his runs) is on the left. My very ghetto Civic is in the middle. Where's that black censor bar when I need it? :oops:

Honda Civic 10th gen 10th Gen Civic 1/4 Mile Times Hondas

Honda Civic 10th gen 10th Gen Civic 1/4 Mile Times Hondas-2

Last edited:

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In cabin GoPro footage of my 13.340 @107.88

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
your ktuner disconnect? tunerview showed 0s
Yeah disconnected. I was waiting at the line for like 20min and then decided to turn off the engine then like 15 seconds later I had to pull up to the line. So tunerview didnt connect right. Was busy making sure I was doing the pedal dance I didn't check to see if tunerview was good

Do have footage with it working for all my other runs though. :/

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This past Friday, 9/22/17, we took our shop Si car to the local dragway, Keystone Raceway Park. We were curious what kind of times everyone was running, but had a hard time find anything. Let's put together a thread for everyone to post 1/4 mile times to help push this platform even further!

To help avoid repetitive questions and keep things concise, we ask that you post the following:
  • Picture of Time Slip - See Below
  • Year/Model/Sub-Model - 2018 Honda Civic EXT Hatchback
  • Trans - CVT
  • Modifications - Myxal -SRI-CAI (PRL Race Maf), Si Turbo Inlet, Si Turbo, Depo Racing Intercooler, 3" PRL Downpipe/Front Pipe, 3" Injen Catback Hybrid with 2.5 Xlerator Muffler, **Custom Tune (For Stock Turbo)
  • Power Numbers (If Known) - ?
Track name and elevation is a plus! - Cecil County Dragway (341.2ft Elevation)

Did two runs today to test how the installation of the SI turbo and Si turbo inlet would perform. These are the two best 1/4 mile times I have ran to date. I ran this car at this same track, same weather conditions and temp, same modifications, exactly two weeks ago with the only difference being I had the stock turbo and stock turbo inlet for the base model Civic installed. Two weeks ago I ran [email protected] and [email protected]. Today I ran [email protected] and [email protected].

Car drivability is improved all around, with more power down low and in the midrange. I can feel it but didn't want to post this information because I am very skeptical of anything I may feel after doing a modification. I feel like the custom tune I have is good enough as is but I still am setup for a new custom tune to be performed two weeks for now. I don't want to leave anything left to chance, both the good things and the bad. Want to have everything dialed-in. I am very happy with the way the car performs so far. No issues and it drives fantastic.

Special notes:
  1. This is a CVT transmission.
  2. This is on 93 octane. (No Flex Fuel)
  3. This is on street tires (No drag slicks)
  4. 20 mile trip to and from track, averaged 54.3mpg on the highway.
So this is the same way the car will perform going out to dinner with the family, grocery shopping or just going to work for the day. Nothing special done to make it drive the way at the dragstrip, not even tire pressure changes.
That's all for now until I get a new tune. :drive:

Honda Civic 10th gen 10th Gen Civic 1/4 Mile Times New Times

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did two runs today to test how the installation of the SI turbo and Si turbo inlet would perform. These are the two best 1/4 mile times I have ran to date. I ran this car at this same track, same weather conditions and temp, same modifications, exactly two weeks ago with the only difference being I had the stock turbo and stock turbo inlet for the base model Civic installed. Two weeks ago I ran [email protected] and [email protected]. Today I ran [email protected] and [email protected].

Car drivability is improved all around, with more power down low and in the midrange. I can feel it but didn't want to post this information because I am very skeptical of anything I may feel after doing a modification. I feel like the custom tune I have is good enough as is but I still am setup for a new custom tune to be performed two weeks for now. I don't want to leave anything left to chance, both the good things and the bad. Want to have everything dialed-in. I am very happy with the way the car performs so far. No issues and it drives fantastic.

Special notes:
  1. This is a CVT transmission.
  2. This is on 93 octane. (No Flex Fuel)
  3. This is on street tires (No drag slicks)
  4. 20 mile trip to and from track, averaged 54.3mpg on the highway.
So this is the same way the car will perform going out to dinner with the family, grocery shopping or just going to work for the day. Nothing special done to make it drive the way at the dragstrip, not even tire pressure changes.
That's all for now until I get a new tune. :drive:

New Times.jpg
Nice! I guess one thing to note is that you are on smaller wheels/tires right? 15s?

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice! I guess one thing to note is that you are on smaller wheels/tires right? 15s?
Wheels: 15X7 Enkei J10
Tires: 225/50-15 Kumho Ecsta AST

Last edited:

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Testing HP100 Fuel

I am just getting back from the track.
My best 1/4 mile time prior to tonight was [email protected] and that was on 9/7/19 Cecil County Dragway. It was 65F on that run.

Tonight I made 7 runs (one was on Map #1..oops) but I'm only going to post up 4 of them. I arrived at the track with 14 miles ranged left of gas. I added two gallons of HP100 unleaded gas to the tank. 3 out of 7 of my runs where quicker than any 1/4 mile runs I have done up to date. Also, I have never been able to go over 105mph (Wasn't trying or even think I could). 3 of my 1/4 mile runs were over 105mph. The slips are attached in a pic. Temperature tonight ranged from 65F to 68F. Same track (Cecil County Dragway).

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Just reporting my results. ;)

Honda Civic 10th gen 10th Gen Civic 1/4 Mile Times HP100 Fuel

Honda Civic 10th gen 10th Gen Civic 1/4 Mile Times New Best Time

BTW: If anyone is remotely interested, I did post a question in the 10th Generation Civic Facebook page about how would people think high octane would affect their performance HERE.

Last edited: