Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
@Two Step Performance Big Thanks for allowing me to be your guinea pig. Will contact you via email for more 'testing' and tweaks.
Myx, something has me confused. A while back when I contacted TSP about creating a Stage 1 tune for the CVT, I was told the issue was getting a fully stock base turbo to do dyno testing with. Since you're a tester and modded including a race maf, how is this going to work correctly with non-modded CVT turbos?

Or have they already created the tune and you're just trying it out?
Sponsored

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Myx, something has me confused. A while back when I contacted TSP about creating a Stage 1 tune for the CVT, I was told the issue was getting a fully stock base turbo to do dyno testing with. Since you're a tester and modded including a race maf, how is this going to work correctly with non-modded CVT turbos?

I don't know for sure. You'd have to ask them. I am just datalogging and sending that info in.

Last edited:

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
This.

We already developed and testing this calibration on a completely stock car.

This is beta testing with outside vehicles in various locations to verify things.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Ah ok. Great. Glad to see you're moving forward with this.

Just out of curiousity will this be addressing the one issue I have with the base Ktuner tunes...

It feels great for the most part up to about 5,000 rpm and then it falls flat. (I know part of it is the limitation of the stock turbo).

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just out of curiousity will this be addressing the one issue I have with the base Ktuner tunes...

It feels great for the most part up to about 5,000 rpm and then it falls flat. (I know part of it is the limitation of the stock turbo).
I race in 'L' gear, meaning the rpm literally stays in the 6100-6400rpm range when I go down the track. At the same track, with the same mods, with the same temperatures, my trap speed went up with the only change made was this TSP Stage 1 'beta' tune. Both are posted above.

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
This.

We already developed and testing this calibration on a completely stock car.

This is beta testing with outside vehicles in various locations to verify things.
I mean, if you're looking for someone with a 2019 CVT Sport Hatch in New Jersey, I think I know a guy...

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Previous post was with VSA light option on, done several passes enough to know with different settings slips or not.... 60ft you are correct, my times have been dropping it was just my two most current runs that I don’t need have slips for ....

Same response as above...

Tbh, VSA advance will do its job in keeping traction but there’s a giveaway. Are you going to let ignition hold you back to satisfy a 60ft or throttle pullback but lose up top end mph or lose 60 ft but gain top end.. finding the happy medium for your track and your driving style is the key...

As you can see in the video our track ain’t prepped at all. Not even street sweeper swept. Lots of sand and rocks down the way, pavement is not blacktop or paved, and our track runs up hill and always with head wind with 80-100% humidity and about 600+ feet above sea level on a coral top launch pad equivalent to launching on vinyl tile..... our track at some events are prepped laying home made VHT or only for personnel who bring for their own and drop it while burning out.

Many stateside military people have came to Guam claiming my car runs xx.x in the mainland with a fully prepped track then come here and run a full second to a second and a half slower. Our track is humbling and is a heart breaker so yes times aren’t anything to write home about, but we make due. Temps are normally in the 86-100 degrees ambient with even hotter iATs.

Great that it improved your 60ft time. I forgot to ask you another important question.

How much of an improvement in your 1/4 mile time did you see with using Advanced VSA vs not using it? It's the 'Time' I am asking about, not your trap speed. Thanks in Advance (Pun intended - :p ).

Honestly, I specifically wanted to know how much your 60ft time got better as well (.2, .3, .4, etc). But I didn't want the throw to many questions your way.

Last edited:

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
  • Picture of Time Slip -- See Below
  • Year/Model/Sub-Model; 2018 Honda Civic EX
  • Trans -- CVT
  • Modifications -- Myxal SRI-CAI, PRL Race Maf, PRL Downpipe, Depo Racing Intercooler, Ktuner - TSP Stage 1 (BETA Tune for CVTs)
  • Power Numbers (If Known) -- N/A
Track name and elevation is a plus! --- Cecil County Dragway

Here are all my times tonight with my best in bold.

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

The only modification I did from the previous run I recently posted was converted my Myxal SRI (Short Ram Intake) to a Myxal CAI (Cold Air Intake). It's a hybrid intake (Myxal SRI-CAI). I have some other ideas so I'm not done with the intake yet. This is all in good fun though.

Just getting a little better with my 60ft time again. Figured out something during my last two runs. I was practicing in the pits to get a feel for it (not recommended). :p

View attachment 157507

Honda Civic 10th gen 10th Gen Civic 1/4 Mile Times 13-6-2

View attachment 157786

Honda Civic 10th gen 10th Gen Civic 1/4 Mile Times 13-6 times

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
How dare you!

Congratulations man. Definitely showing the cvt can do it. Now I gotta get back to Pacific. But I gotta get a new FMIC first for sure. Maybe I'll hit the track in July when I get back home. It's always good to go racing at the hottest time of the year lol.

How do you feel about that depo FMIC? Do they make a bolt in deal utilizing stock style flages or only the kit with normal end tanks and new piping that I've been finding.

Reactions: Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How do you feel about that depo FMIC? Do they make a bolt in deal utilizing stock style flages or only the kit with normal end tanks and new piping that I've been finding.
Kit with normal end tanks and new piping from what I can see. Honestly, my trap speeds went up by 2-2.5mph with the only change being this intercooler. I hate to tell people that is the reason why but that's what happened. And it's dirt cheap. And they got great reviews on the other boards as far as results for this intercooler. However, I still encourage people to go with PRL because it makes them feel good to do it. :D I'm blown away though Matt.

Last edited:

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Kit with normal end tanks and new piping from what I can see. Honestly, my trap speeds went up by 2-2.5mph with the only change being this intercooler. I hate to tell people that is the reason why but that's what happened. And it's dirt cheap. And they got great reviews on the other boards as far as results for this intercooler. However, I still encourage people to go with PRL because it makes them feel good to do it. :D I'm blown away though Matt.

• Picture of Time Slip -- See Below
  • Year/Model/Sub-Model; 2018 Honda Civic EX
  • Trans -- CVT
  • Modifications -- Myxal SRI-CAI, PRL Race Maf, PRL Downpipe, Depo Racing Intercooler, TSP Stage 1 (BETA Tune for CVTs)
  • Power Numbers (If Known) -- N/A
Track name and elevation is a plus! --- Cecil County Dragway

Here are all my times tonight with my best in bold.

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

The only modification I did from the previous run I recently posted was converted my Myxal SRI (Short Ram Intake) to a Myxal CAI (Cold Air Intake). It's a hybrid intake (Myxal SRI-CAI). I have some other ideas so I'm not done with the intake yet. This is all in good fun though.

Just getting a little better with my 60ft time again. Figured out something during my last two runs. I was practicing in the pits to get a feel for it (not recommended). :p
]

Dang! When's the next time you will go to Cecil? I live in MD, would love to see the car in person! I got my 27WON W1 Turbo coming in. Hopefully with a tune and flex fuel, maybe I could hit low 13s/high 12s on my car.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dang! When's the next time you will go to Cecil? I live in MD, would love to see the car in person! I got my 27WON W1 Turbo coming in. Hopefully with a tune and flex fuel, maybe I could hit low 13s/high 12s on my car.

My car looks boring. The engine bay looks ricey and ghetto now even. :eek:

Let me know when you stop out. I'll come out to record you do your record breaking run. Or just to have video for you to look at. I hit the track at random times so I never know when I'm heading out. Look forward to seeing you run, 27WON turbo or not. :beer:

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Great work again, Kevin!

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I guess, we'll start! :)

First hit was 13.3 at 108 MPH and a 2.1 60ft.

20170922_201331_zpsvwvdjcxa.jpg

Our best run of the night was a 13.1435 at 108.77 MPH with a 2.0 60ft on stock all season tires.

20170922_221439_zpssbrsjiea.jpg

Car:
2017 Honda Civic Si
Trans: 6MT
Power: 280 whp and 330+ tq on e30.
Mods: PRL catless downpipe and front pipe combo PRL CAI PRL FMIC @KTuner ClutchMasters FX400 clutch D2 Springs Tuned by Denis Howell at PRL Motorsports and @VitViper at Vit Tuned
Track: Keystone Raceway Park
Elevation: 1200 feet

Stock exhaust, stock turbo, stock engine.

It's been almost 2yrs since this run. No-one has been able to hit this 108mph trap speed with similar modifications? No-one has been able to get close to these 1/4 mile times on street tires? Why? The 60ft is awesome but someone should've been able to hit it by now. @bahndrvr was pretty darn close as far as 60ft times go. This is getting under my skin. What's up peeps? This is a rally cry. :)

Last edited:

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
Hey I hit 103.5(little round up... ;)) on street tires. Stock FMIC stock front pipe cheap intake with a "base" turbo...

Give me an SI turbo, prl FMIC, prl front pipe, and their CAI and maybe I could get a lot closer. Realistically thats over 5mph faster though so I still may not have done it but I'd hope I could...

But now that little baby turbo is gone... Hope to surpass 108 next trip to Pacific raceways.
Sponsored