JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI, '90 GTR, '10 370z, '90 Mr2 Turbo
Country flag
Update:
Bested my previous best run of 14.7@95mph to 14.6@93mph at Honda Tech 05/19/19

This was with KTuner light VSA advance ignition pull back setting + pedal dance to eliminate the throttle pull back. I’m guessing the ignition pull back is what’s slowing my mph down as it’s trying stabilize the wheel spin..... note: next track day I’ll try normal settings with no VSA advance, and full disable. No timeslip (none given) only video sorry.

I had a previous run with @NeoDragons where he had a run of 14.4@98mph and I lost. My front bumper was at his front tire and we were like that the whole race. Lane I was in timer wasn’t working but that was possibly my best time so far had it recorded. Was definitely a good and exciting run.
Sponsored

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update:
Bested my previous best run of 14.7@95mph to 14.6@93mph at Honda Tech 05/19/19

This was with KTuner light VSA advance ignition pull back setting + pedal dance to eliminate the throttle pull back. I’m guessing the ignition pull back is what’s slowing my mph down as it’s trying stabilize the wheel spin..... note: next track day I’ll try normal settings with no VSA advance, and full disable. No timeslip (none given) only video sorry.

I had a previous run with @NeoDragons where he had a run of 14.4@98mph and I lost. My front bumper was at his front tire and we were like that the whole race. Lane I was in timer wasn’t working but that was possibly my best time so far had it recorded. Was definitely a good and exciting run.
good runs man. that was a close race with me and you.

JC671

Youtube: JaySi.671
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
good runs man. that was a close race with me and you.
Always is bro:thumbsup:...

Here is a vid of me and @NeoDragons run.
Announcer states left lane ain’t working so they ain’t announcing times for it at that time.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looking for feedback on those of you with Civic Si's and Advanced VSA. Have you notice a difference in your 60ft time before using Advanced VSA and after, with Ktuner?

JC671

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Looking for feedback on those of you with Civic Si's and Advanced VSA. Have you notice a difference in your 60ft time before using Advanced VSA and after, with Ktuner?
I just posted what I did... it helps but it also will slow down your MPH, got to mess with it and find your best setting...

Reactions: Myx

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
But without slips you don't really know for sure where you lost your mph or what your 60' was like before/after.

I just posted what I did... it helps but it also will slow down your MPH, got to mess with it and find your best setting...

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh, so you used it but don't have a timeslip(s) of runs done without it you are saying?

JC671

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
But without slips you don't really know for sure where you lost your mph or what your 60' was like before/after.
Previous post was with VSA light option on, done several passes enough to know with different settings slips or not.... 60ft you are correct, my times have been dropping it was just my two most current runs that I don’t need have slips for ....

Oh, so you used it but don't have a timeslip(s) of runs done without it you are saying?
Same response as above...

Tbh, VSA advance will do its job in keeping traction but there’s a giveaway. Are you going to let ignition hold you back to satisfy a 60ft or throttle pullback but lose up top end mph or lose 60 ft but gain top end.. finding the happy medium for your track and your driving style is the key...

As you can see in the video our track ain’t prepped at all. Not even street sweeper swept. Lots of sand and rocks down the way, pavement is not blacktop or paved, and our track runs up hill and always with head wind with 80-100% humidity and about 600+ feet above sea level on a coral top launch pad equivalent to launching on vinyl tile..... our track at some events are prepped laying home made VHT or only for personnel who bring for their own and drop it while burning out.

Many stateside military people have came to Guam claiming my car runs xx.x in the mainland with a fully prepped track then come here and run a full second to a second and a half slower. Our track is humbling and is a heart breaker so yes times aren’t anything to write home about, but we make due. Temps are normally in the 86-100 degrees ambient with even hotter iATs.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This past Friday, 9/22/17, we took our shop Si car to the local dragway, Keystone Raceway Park. We were curious what kind of times everyone was running, but had a hard time find anything. Let's put together a thread for everyone to post 1/4 mile times to help push this platform even further!

To help avoid repetitive questions and keep things concise, we ask that you post the following:
  • Picture of Time Slip -- See Below
  • Year/Model/Sub-Model; 2018 Honda Civic EX
  • Trans -- CVT
  • Modifications -- 'Myxal Short Ram Intake (SRI)', PRL Race Maf, PRL Downpipe, Depo Racing Intercooler, Ktuner Stage 2 Basemap
  • Power Numbers (If Known) -- N/A
Track name and elevation is a plus! --- Cecil County Dragway

I just had a Depo Racing Intercooler installed at a shop and went to the dragstrip to test. I do not know my before IAT1/IAT2 and after. Didn't measure them. My typical trap speeds were between 97-100mph, with a best ever of 100.64mph. I trapped 2 - 2.5mph faster after the installation of the Depo Racing Intercooler. I won't sit here and say this intercooler was the cause of the 2-2.5mph increase in trap speed. I don't have too. :)

To be continued.....

Honda Civic 10th gen 10th Gen Civic 1/4 Mile Times After Intercooler times

Last edited:

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
  • Trans -- CVT
  • Modifications -- 'Myxal Short Ram Intake (SRI)', PRL Race Maf, PRL Downpipe, Depo Racing Intercooler, Ktuner TSP Stage 1 (BETA Tune for CVTs)

Stopped out to the track to beta test a TSP Stage 1 tune for the CVT. Ran my fastest two times ever. Outside temp was about 63F.
[email protected]
[email protected]

I only ran twice. Could've ran a 100x but this is all I needed to know for now. Car runs without any issues. On 92 octane! What more can I ask for. Now to work on my 60ft times to get them back down to the 2.1s again. With cooler weather, a custom tune and Advanced VSA, who knows what the CVT would be capable of.

@Two Step Performance Big Thanks for allowing me to be your guinea pig. Will contact you via email for more 'testing' and tweaks.
@KTuner I am sooooo ready for Advanced VSA.
@maddmatt02 Almost buddy! ~~><~~ You better get that turbo installed. ;):beer:

Honda Civic 10th gen 10th Gen Civic 1/4 Mile Times 13-756

Last edited:

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
Alright stop right there haha no more track time for you til I go faster!

Seriously man congratulations the cvt is doing better than I ever expected. And you actually are faster than me anyways. Mine took e25 to get there.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
  • Trans -- CVT
  • Modifications -- 'Myxal Short Ram Intake (SRI)', PRL Race Maf, PRL Downpipe, Depo Racing Intercooler, TSP Stage 1 (BETA Tune for CVTs)

Stopped out to the track to beta test a TSP Stage 1 tune for the CVT. Ran my fastest two times ever. Outside temp was about 63F.
[email protected]
[email protected]

I only ran twice. Could've ran a 100x but this is all I needed to know for now. Car runs without any issues. On 92 octane! What more can I ask for. Now to work on my 60ft times to get them back down to the 2.1s again. With cooler weather, a custom tune and Advanced VSA, who knows what the CVT would be capable of.

@Two Step Performance Big Thanks for allowing me to be your guinea pig. Will contact you via email for more 'testing' and tweaks.

View attachment 153807
Great runs! Firmly in the 13s with a couple closely repeated runs. What tires are you running?

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What tires are you running?
Kumho Ecsta AST
I wouldn't recommend them as I haven't read great reviews on them. I am using these for an experiment. :)

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
  • Trans -- CVT
  • Modifications -- 'Myxal Short Ram Intake (SRI)', PRL Race Maf, PRL Downpipe, Depo Racing Intercooler, TSP Stage 1 (BETA Tune for CVTs)

[email protected]
[email protected]

View attachment 153807
Nice run brother! Jealous. I have to go run this ethanol tune dammit. And now im interested in the TSP Stage 1 for cvt......
Sponsored