10th Gen Civic 1/4 Mile Times

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would get the impression that if you're spinning in s that would mean it's a faster mode than d.
You loose too much time due to spinning tires. The wheel spin has a pretty bad effect on the elapsed time at a quarter mile race.
Sponsored

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
You loose too much time due to spinning tires. The wheel spin has a pretty bad effect on the elapsed time at a quarter mile race.
Yes but I mean if you had better tires and could hook then s would be the faster choice.

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I could buy better tires, but I don't want to spend any money on having a better 1/4 mile time. I'm doing it just for fun sometimes.

Also temperatures were too cold the last time I tried it out. Maybe you can test it out in S and D on the same stretch of the road and then tell us which mode felt faster and better?

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
Has anyone tried starting in drive so you don't spin and then switching to sport when you're at 15 or 30mph?

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
I could buy better tires, but I don't want to spend any money on having a better 1/4 mile time. I'm doing it just for fun sometimes.

Also temperatures were too cold the last time I tried it out. Maybe you can test it out in S and D on the same stretch of the road and then tell us which mode felt faster and better?
I spin also in sport but the roads are Sandy here cuz winter just ended. I definitely plan on playing with it more and seeing what works.

I just have neo gens. Not amazing but probably better than stock. I also have 35psi in them so that can come down.

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
My 14.3 time with phearable tune, cobra Cai, and prl ic was in drive mode, traction control on, no brake boosting. Just mash and go. I also ran one in sport and I got a 14.7 but I was spinning on launch due to Sandy road

Last edited:
Reactions: Myx

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
I forgot, but I think it was S mode. And I did, but never got a faster time but have gotten higher trap speeds.

Here's a link to one of the 1/4 runs I've done.
Thanks for the info. Traction control on or off and any brake launching? Lowered front tire psi? Your 13.9 seems to be one of the most impressive for the amount of mods done

alao01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex-L
Country flag
Thanks for the info. Traction control on or off and any brake launching? Lowered front tire psi? Your 13.9 seems to be one of the most impressive for the amount of mods done
Tc on, I've tried runs without and it doesn't seem to help me at least. And never lowered psi. Always around 31-32 front and back. I consistently run 14-14.3 @ 100-102mph.
Thanks.

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
Here's a sport mode pull and I didn't spin, but it does keep me right at redline the entire time without "shifting" So yeah, for me drive mode is the fastest. I still don't know how you guys are so much faster than me with the same mods. I also tried turning vsa off and that didn't really make any difference

Honda Civic 10th gen 10th Gen Civic 1/4 Mile Times Screenshot_20210316-161157

Last edited:

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
14.3 in sport on my way home, but this time it "shifted" instead of just staying at redline the whole pull. So now sport and drive are equal. My 60ft is horrendous compared to you guys.

Honda Civic 10th gen 10th Gen Civic 1/4 Mile Times Screenshot_20210316-174305

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (LSM)*SOLD* & 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (SNP)
Country flag
This is not my fastest time but it is a noteworthy mention. I saw in a thread this past Friday that Ktuner had a base tune that got rid of the artificial knock. Currently I am being custom E-tuned but was excited to see how this Ktuner Base tune would perform. The track was opening up later in the day for the first day of the season. So I uploaded the tune went to the dragstrip and tested this tune out.

All around great tune. Despite not being as fast (mph wise) as a stock Type R in the 1/4 mile, it's quick enough to keep up or beat one due to nice acceleration throughout the whole entire rev range (See Type R 1/4 mile thread in this forum). This says a lot for an automatic with a CVT transmission. I love it!
That's awesome man! Can't wait to see that high 12 second pass on street tires this year!

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag

Here's a video of mine when I just had phearable but no other engine mods. Is it normal how it flies to 2k, then it's really slow between 2-3 then it takes off at 3. I assume that's where my bad 60ft is from

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Here's a video of mine when I just had phearable but no other engine mods. Is it normal how it flies to 2k, then it's really slow between 2-3 then it takes off at 3. I assume that's where my bad 60ft is from

That seems pretty darn quick to me. Yes, that's normal behavior.

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
That seems pretty darn quick to me. Yes, that's normal behavior.
Thanks for checking that out for me. Pulled a 14.17 today in sport mode with just a quick blip of the gas before launching. Down from 14.34. 60ft today was 2.46 so still not great but coming down.

Honda Civic 10th gen 10th Gen Civic 1/4 Mile Times Screenshot_20210317-112306
Sponsored