First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks so much for posting this! I knew my car had a better time in it, and this confirms it, since we're running a veeeeery similar setup (I have stock downpipe but also running TSP Stage 1, FMIC, Exhaust, Intake). I guess I need to get my launch down and it'll be a lot closer to yours! Also good on you for pulling this on your first try, my first was a 15.6 or so, due to being a stick newbie and shite driver haha

Edit: actually somehow I had a better 330ft? I was no-lift shifting and had a better 60ft too, I must have really botched the 1-2 shift and grannied the 2-3 and 3-4s to not keep up. Hmm. Food for thought for me!
Oh yea, yours has way more in it, mine even has way more in it. I was spinning so bad 1st and 2nd. I think it’s got a high 13sec in it if I get the 60’ way down haha the little dips in the graph are the shifts. I’m gonna try again tonight on a better surface. I wanna hit 13’s before I put on my flexfuel kit.
Sponsored

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
i would say these dragy times are +/- .2 due to the gps sample rate. reviews online say it on par with track times. and vbox.
i'm using mine as a learning how to tool. you gets lots of info from the g-meter graph. for me its how bad i do.

Static_Awesome

IG:Static.Awesome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Oh yea, yours has way more in it, mine even has way more in it. I was spinning so bad 1st and 2nd. I think it’s got a high 13sec in it if I get the 60’ way down haha the little dips in the graph are the shifts. I’m gonna try again tonight on a better surface. I wanna hit 13’s before I put on my flexfuel kit.
Try out the Advanced VSA with maximum ignition pullback and minimum throttle pullback, and two-step it at 3k RPM. That's what I did, but I might try going a tad lower. You try, I'll try, and we'll hopefully both get better times! :D

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Try out the Advanced VSA with maximum ignition pullback and minimum throttle pullback, and two-step it at 3k RPM. That's what I did, but I might try going a tad lower. You try, I'll try, and we'll hopefully both get better times! :D
Is that in the ktuner software like on the laptop haha I’m going to take a look into it. I was gonna do a normal mode launch and then hit sport once I’m in 2nd and see what happens. I do have the vsa completely disabled though with the pedal dance cheat code. I’ll keep trying, yours definitely will improve, it’s got massive potential.

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i would say these dragy times are +/- .2 due to the gps sample rate. reviews online say it on par with track times. and vbox.
i'm using mine as a learning how to tool. you gets lots of info from the g-meter graph. for me its how bad i do.
That’s what I’ve seen too. I’ve seen them usually .2-.4 slower than the actual track time. It’s more of a ball park to see what the car is doing compared to a stock one. I wish I could get a vbox but it’s out of my budget unfortunately.

Static_Awesome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Is that in the ktuner software like on the laptop haha I’m going to take a look into it. I was gonna do a normal mode launch and then hit sport once I’m in 2nd and see what happens. I do have the vsa completely disabled though with the pedal dance cheat code. I’ll keep trying, yours definitely will improve, it’s got massive potential.
Yep, you can turn it on with the KTuner software. Article for reading:
http://www.ktuner.com/KTunerHelp/advanced_vsa_control_strategy.htm

TLDR version: pedal dance + VSA in KTuner means just their traction control, VSA + Button Off means MOSTLY KTuner's traction control, Button On is stock. Oh, and I believe the TSP Stage 1 disables factory traction so Button Off = Pedal Dance, but don't quote me on that, I'll get the software and tune in front of me later today.

Friction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Be careful with how often you utilize the adv vsa. Like if its wet out I wouldn't keep it floored while vsa does its thing for 5-10+ seconds. Its my understanding that pulling ignition timing at WOT leads to elevated EGT's and can harm exhaust valves and the cat.

Static_Awesome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Be careful with how often you utilize the adv vsa. Like if its wet out I wouldn't keep it floored while vsa does its thing for 5-10+ seconds. Its my understanding that pulling ignition timing at WOT leads to elevated EGT's and can harm exhaust valves and the cat.
Yep, and with excess use I bet you could get the detrimental effects similar to anti-lag. My logs show it's only being used for periods of 0.1-0.3seconds at a time, at least during a 1/4mile pull. Thanks for caring and sharing though! <3

Static_Awesome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Changes since last pull: shifting faster and slightly colder air. Actually have a longer throw due to taller (27WON) shift knob.

Honda Civic 10th gen 10th Gen Civic 1/4 Mile Times Screenshot_2020-03-07-16-40-09

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Was all set to put down some new times this evening but the track decided to close all weekend because......................wait for it.........................The CoronaVirus. :mad:

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Was all set to put down some new times this evening but the track decided to close all weekend because......................wait for it.........................The CoronaVirus. :mad:
same. About 6 of us were about to head up there this evening but rip coronavirus.

Atlas.46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Sport Hatchback 6MT, 04 Accord Coupe V6 6MT HFP
Country flag
Damn. I had friends ready to go today too. But I'm working all weekend.

Atlas.46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Sport Hatchback 6MT, 04 Accord Coupe V6 6MT HFP
Country flag
I guess I should post my times... could have ran a 13 if I didnt hit the breaks during my bracket race. First time at the track with the car. I found the best was 18psi ramp in first... anything more just lead to spinning and wheel hop. Also I'm on some 215/50r17 douglas Performance all season tires(Walmart Specials :headbang::rofl:)

Did get to hang out with Myx. But I still need to learn how to launch the car. 6mt life. Lol

Mods: PRL cobra race cai, PRL catless v2 downpipe, Depo Racing intercooler and piping, Hasport RMM. Also TSP Stage 1 Race.

Car 901

Honda Civic 10th gen 10th Gen Civic 1/4 Mile Times 20200309_175509

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I guess I should post my times... could have ran a 13 if I didnt hit the breaks during my bracket race. First time at the track with the car. I found the best was 18psi ramp in first... anything more just lead to spinning and wheel hop. Also I'm on some 215/50r17 douglas Performance all season tires(Walmart Specials :headbang::rofl:)

Did get to hang out with Myx. But I still need to learn how to launch the car. 6mt life. Lol

Mods: PRL cobra race cai, PRL catless v2 downpipe, Depo Racing intercooler and piping, Hasport RMM. Also TSP Stage 1 Race.

Car 901

20200309_175509.jpg
It was great hanging out with you. You have nice trap speeds. It was a LOOONNNGGGG day. All good though

In the meantime, Atco IS opening up today. Air temps is looking to be good and air density is excellent. Working 5am to 5pm now but since seeing they are open, I'm trying to get off, get to the track and see how the car does. Want to test my Boostane tune and then test another random tune. No expectations as usual.

I have been tuned on Boostane Premium but will be adding Boostane Pro for these runs. My curiosity is getting the best of me and am thining the Boostane Pro will possibly add a tiny bit more ignition advance than the Premium. I'll get another tune for Boostane Pro eventually perhaps.

Hopefully, I will be able to cut a time lower than a 13.43. **Fingers Crossed**

Last edited:

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh we in here TODAY. Will see how it goes.

And looky here...an Si is next to me. Hope we get to race. Maybe they got a PRL big turbo kit. Tags say they are from New York.

Honda Civic 10th gen 10th Gen Civic 1/4 Mile Times 20200314_112906
Sponsored