First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So even for a 2019 Civic Sport Touring with the factory Day/Night mirror (no Homelink) you need a new harness for the Homelink to work.

I just installed the mirror/harness combo from College Hills Honda and it works perfectly. Followed @stevescivic YouTube tutorial and the 2019 instructions.

The driver side sun visor removal, A -pillar trim re-installation and trying to figure out one of the tape placements were the hardest steps. So would say not to bad.

Parts used:
Mirror: 76400-TXM-A01
Harness: 08V03-TBA-1A0

Anyway I learned the hard way that for Homelink you do need the new harness as it has 2 additional wires compared to the factory harness.
Sponsored

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So looking at this webpage from college hills honda, it looks like the mirror now has a power button? Was this a new update to the mirrors?

Also, where would the homelink buttons be located?

And lastly, when it comes time to change your windshield, would the added wiring cause headaches for the windshield installer? Or is all of that out of the way?

https://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/08V03-TBA.html

Honda Civic 10th gen 10th Gen Auto Dimming Day Night Mirror Installation 08v03-tba

ziludood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI, 2021 Tesla MYP, 2008 BMW 335i
Country flag
So looking at this webpage from college hills honda, it looks like the mirror now has a power button? Was this a new update to the mirrors?

Also, where would the homelink buttons be located?

And lastly, when it comes time to change your windshield, would the added wiring cause headaches for the windshield installer? Or is all of that out of the way?

https://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/08V03-TBA.html

08v03-tba.jpg
Not sure if the model changed, but I got the one without the power button. As far as I can tell it will work with either. There is model which has homelink but not the one above. I bought the homelink version but replaced it with the older model due to an annoyance with the new design. See my previous post on why. When changing the windshield it is something they will have to deal with only if you have the Honda sensing. A reputable installer should have no problem though, it’s pretty straightforward.

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Not sure if the model changed, but I got the one without the power button. As far as I can tell it will work with either. There is model which has homelink but not the one above. I bought the homelink version but replaced it with the older model due to an annoyance with the new design. See my previous post on why. When changing the windshield it is something they will have to deal with only if you have the Honda sensing. A reputable installer should have no problem though, it’s pretty straightforward.
Thanks. Was it the thread where you said the autodim area doesn't cover the borders? By any chance, do you have a pic of the 2019-2020 mirror w/homelink? Does it have a power button as well?

ziludood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI, 2021 Tesla MYP, 2008 BMW 335i
Country flag
Thanks. Was it the thread where you said the autodim area doesn't cover the borders? By any chance, do you have a pic of the 2019-2020 mirror w/homelink? Does it have a power button as well?
That is right. It has the border which is not dimmed, and it does have a power button. I still have it if you are interested. I can cut you a deal. it looks like the one below.
Honda Civic 10th gen 10th Gen Auto Dimming Day Night Mirror Installation 259A46BC-4606-4567-9EDC-8028C2B8154D

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
That is right. It has the border which is not dimmed, and it does have a power button. I still have it if you are interested. I can cut you a deal. it looks like the one below.
259A46BC-4606-4567-9EDC-8028C2B8154D.jpeg
Thanks for the info. Does the mirror remember the last setting (power on or off) whenever you start the car, or does it always default to on? That border issue seems pretty annoying, can't believe it would pass a quality check. If I decide to go with this model, I'll definitely let you know.

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
Thanks for the info. Does the mirror remember the last setting (power on or off) whenever you start the car, or does it always default to on? That border issue seems pretty annoying, can't believe it would pass a quality check. If I decide to go with this model, I'll definitely let you know.
I have this mirror. It’s a non issue for me. The thin border that isn’t dimmed only reflects the interior trim around the rear window, so there really isn’t any glare from it. I much prefer the thinner borders of the Homelink model. Plus I really needed the buttons for my garage. I’ve honestly never turned off the dimming function, so I don’t know if it recalls it’s previous state. I can say that the Homelink buttons will work with the car turned off, so don’t leave your car unlocked on the street in front of your house.

Blazindominican

First Name
Blazin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Eclipse GSX, 10 CRV AWD, 21 CTR, 23 MT-10 SP
Country flag
259A46BC-4606-4567-9EDC-8028C2B8154D.jpeg
This looks identical to the mirror that was in my 2020 HB sport touring. Yes the border on the mirror doesn't autodim but it's not the biggest deal. Eventually you don't notice it

Bad1996

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR, Vipers, my beloved 2004 SRT4 daily the CTR is giving relief to ! :-)
Country flag
Just installed the factory homelink/dimming mirror on my 2021 CTR. Pretty darn easy. Differing a little from the install link @stevescivic although that was very helpful, thanks Steve. I did not even have a ground terminal so no need to Pull extra stuff. I also just tucked the harness over the headliner, I did not remove the visor/s. The harness only had two plugs. One went into an open spot near the other wiring ports. The other went into the harness for one of the switches on the left of the knee kick panel. Mostly self explanatory. I would also advise not to run the harness behind the big round aluminum tube, it is almost too short to do that. All CTRs should have had this as standard !

Honda Civic 10th gen 10th Gen Auto Dimming Day Night Mirror Installation 5FDB478D-919C-4A15-91B7-EBA38E82648F

Honda Civic 10th gen 10th Gen Auto Dimming Day Night Mirror Installation 09B38E50-25AF-40CC-9658-35E5132D8684

Honda Civic 10th gen 10th Gen Auto Dimming Day Night Mirror Installation 1DB7A772-F85D-4E20-A620-9C7D6250FADA

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Just installed the factory homelink/dimming mirror on my 2021 CTR. Pretty darn easy. Differing a little from the install link @stevescivic although that was very helpful, thanks Steve. I did not even have a ground terminal so no need to Pull extra stuff. I also just tucked the harness over the headliner, I did not remove the visor/s. The harness only had two plugs. One went into an open spot near the other wiring ports. The other went into the harness for one of the switches on the left of the knee kick panel. Mostly self explanatory. I would also advise not to run the harness behind the big round aluminum tube, it is almost too short to do that. All CTRs should have had this as standard !

5FDB478D-919C-4A15-91B7-EBA38E82648F.jpeg

09B38E50-25AF-40CC-9658-35E5132D8684.jpeg

1DB7A772-F85D-4E20-A620-9C7D6250FADA.jpeg
Looks nice... do those 4 buttons illuminate with the parking/headlights? And also, does it power on every time you start up the car, or does the mirror remember your last power setting?

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
We offer the Suma Performance Rear View mirror, it is a comparable product to the OE autodimming mirrors. These mirrors have an anti-glare lens which provide a similar effect as the auto-dimming mirrors. An added bonus is that they also provide a concave view, so you will be able to see more things in your rearview, and you will be able to see them better! They are a great alternative solution to a full replacement mirror, you simply stick these on your existing mirror with double sided tape. You can find the Suma mirrors here and sign up for email notifications for when they get back in stock. : https://unity-performance.com/products/wide-angle-rearview-mirror

DALZ102

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
So even for a 2019 Civic Sport Touring with the factory Day/Night mirror (no Homelink) you need a new harness for the Homelink to work.

I just installed the mirror/harness combo from College Hills Honda and it works perfectly. Followed @stevescivic YouTube tutorial and the 2019 instructions.

The driver side sun visor removal, A -pillar trim re-installation and trying to figure out one of the tape placements were the hardest steps. So would say not to bad.

Parts used:
Mirror: 76400-TXM-A01
Harness: 08V03-TBA-1A0

Anyway I learned the hard way that for Homelink you do need the new harness as it has 2 additional wires compared to the factory harness.
So, You used the "ebay purchased" mirror w/ Homelink and the harness for an OEM-style install?

dj2819

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, You used the "ebay purchased" mirror w/ Homelink and the harness for an OEM-style install?
No I bought the mirror + harness from college hills Honda but you might be able to find it on eBay as well.

blinkz0rz

First Name
Jrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FC1 Civic Si, 1997 Dodge Dakota, 1972 Plymouth Roadrunner 440, 2010 JKU Jeep Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey I'm working on the Homelink mirror install tonight. I used the part numbers that @Bad1996 provided.

Now this fell from my fuse panel and I have no idea where it goes.
Honda Civic 10th gen 10th Gen Auto Dimming Day Night Mirror Installation FB_IMG_1621297193038

Honda Civic 10th gen 10th Gen Auto Dimming Day Night Mirror Installation FB_IMG_1621297190409

EDIT: NVM, I found out. It's part of the cabin air in the aspirator hose.

Honda Civic 10th gen 10th Gen Auto Dimming Day Night Mirror Installation 0517212016

Last edited: