OP
stevescivic

stevescivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type-R, 1990 CRX Si
Country flag
yes that is correct. All genuine Honda parts through and through :)

nickjohn35

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2017 PMM Typer R. Former: 2004 350Z
Country flag
I would love to install one of these since my old car had one. But, I would be so afraid of breaking and scratching all the trim that needs to be removed! :eek:

OP
OP
stevescivic

stevescivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No if you follow my instructions nothing should break or scratch. Just take your time. Best upgrade for the R!

nickjohn35

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No if you follow my instructions nothing should break or scratch. Just take your time. Best upgrade for the R!
Lol keep talking me into it! The more I watch your tutorial, the more I’m ready to tackle it!

NinjamanCTR

Space Force Special Forces
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2018 Ford Expedition Limited, 1998 Ford Contour aka the beater.
This is actually really easy! Definitely doing it.

OP
OP
stevescivic

stevescivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
trust me... the job is super easy and SOOO worth it for the R. Just some pointers though... make sure you MEASURE exactly the length as outlined in the instructions. The wiring harness is JUST long enough to get to where you need assuming you route it using the shortest path. Also the driver's side visor was a bit of a bitch to put back in b/c I didn't notice that I didn't "rotate" the white piece inside the "rotator" enough to get it to go back into the hole in the ceiling. You have to make sure it is FULLY FULLY rotated into the unlock position (as it should be to get it out) such that it should just go back in. Took me a while to comprehend WTF I was doing wrong.

NinjamanCTR

Space Force Special Forces
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2018 Ford Expedition Limited, 1998 Ford Contour aka the beater.
trust me... the job is super easy and SOOO worth it for the R. Just some pointers though... make sure you MEASURE exactly the length as outlined in the instructions. The wiring harness is JUST long enough to get to where you need assuming you route it using the shortest path. Also the driver's side visor was a bit of a bitch to put back in b/c I didn't notice that I didn't "rotate" the white piece inside the "rotator" enough to get it to go back into the hole in the ceiling. You have to make sure it is FULLY FULLY rotated into the unlock position (as it should be to get it out) such that it should just go back in. Took me a while to comprehend WTF I was doing wrong.
Thanks for the tip. Can you post the part number here so people can easily cut and paste?

OP
OP
stevescivic

stevescivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the tip. Can you post the part number here so people can easily cut and paste?
sure thing..

Here they are: I actually kind of mentioned them in the vid but I've updated my video description with the Honda part #'s too!

Genuine Honda Auto dimming mirror: 08V03-TBA
Genuine Honda Auto dimming mirror wiring harness: 08V03-TBA-100

nickjohn35

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Woah! I thought the mirror came with the harness and attachment!

callmedh

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Am I the only person that actually does not like the auto-dimming mirror? I'm actually glad it does not have one!

OP
OP
stevescivic

stevescivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No unfortunately on the latest Honda dimming mirrors there is no longer a power button like the older accords and Odysseys had. You could also install a switch between the power (or ground) to cut the power to the mirror if you want to manually disable it. The switch would be installed in the the many button blanks by the traction control button.

Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2020 Lexus UX250h, 2012 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
Am I the only person that actually does not like the auto-dimming mirror? I'm actually glad it does not have one!
Me too. Just one more electronic gizmo that can malfunction. I have no problem flipping the manual mirror up at night. I started to watch the installation video, but about three minutes in I realized it's way more effort than I'm willing to make. No disrespect to those who disagree.
Sponsored