10th gen alignment issues affecting fuel mileage.

deathjam4

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I have been fighting an issue where my car kept getting worse and worse gas mileage. Recently i found out the cause of it.

So had an alignment check and this is the results of that alignment after 16,000km
Honda Civic 10th gen 10th gen alignment issues affecting fuel mileage. 122666-8af277bbc42bcf1b448fe9f3a4fd20ba

so essentially my tires started driving away from the car instead of straight. the longer i waited the worse it kept getting on my fuel mileage cause the more the car was fighting those tires this also angled my tires as well making me wheels ware out the outside of them as well.

Once my wheels were back aligned my mileage was back to what it was when i first bought the car and slightly better.

Attachments

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
My gas mileage seems fine, but I too feel my alignment is off. Car seems to favor pulling left. Also my eye detects front wheel toe in. May or may not be

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
Alignment does not affect fuel mileage, possibly only in a very slight way. Chances are you wouldn't even notice. Unless your toe is off by 2 inches, then yeah.
Placebo affect?

OP
OP
deathjam4

deathjam4

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
actually it was not really a placebo effect I drive the same route every day and my car was going from an average of 8.2l per 100km till it was left pigging out at 11.7l per 100km. same speed same traffic most days. My wheels when i swapped also showed signs of the alignment issue as they lean towards the rim side and nearly fall over. after the alignment i have been driving for a week and my millage is back to 8.2l per 100km. I save my gas bills and write down my mileage on every single one I monitor my mileage like a hawk My cars computer even stats the difference so there is defiantly no placebo effect here look at my alignment report your self if you don't believe me i posted it above.

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
actually it was not really a placebo effect I drive the same route every day and my car was going from an average of 8.2l per 100km till it was left pigging out at 11.7l per 100km. same speed same traffic most days. My wheels when i swapped also showed signs of the alignment issue as they lean towards the rim side and nearly fall over. after the alignment i have been driving for a week and my millage is back to 8.2l per 100km. I save my gas bills and write down my mileage on every single one I monitor my mileage like a hawk My cars computer even stats the difference so there is defiantly no placebo effect here look at my alignment report your self if you don't believe me i posted it above.
OK I believe you...:)
Quite the Energizer bunny sentence lol

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
By the way, did you find the cause for this alignment issue? Maybe you hit a curb pretty hard?

OP
OP
deathjam4

deathjam4

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would have to say it was likely the millions of giant pot holes here in toronto. the only reason i could think the front would be off is when i installed my front strut reinforcement bar i jacked the car up but its possible it still moved. but i am bettering on the many many many pot holes in this city causing the bolts to slowly slip.
Sponsored