.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
My current custom 93 tune is limited to only 25psi (full bolt on OEM turbo & fuel system) and makes 375hp and 399tq with plenty left in reserve. So pretty close to your estimated 100 octane numbers on Wtq.

I exclusively track mine at those power levels and often run 96 or 100 octane just due to pump availability at the tracks.

There would be plenty more WHP and WTQ in my current setup tuned on 100 (especially if we push past 25 psi). Let me reach out to my tuner, EB Tec and see if he feels like we should try a 100 octane tune. If he thinks it will be safe and reliable for the summer track heat, I'll give it a go. If not, I'll report back his thoughts and potential negatives.

One huge negative is once that wtp gets much higher, our 4th gears become the weak link.
im pretty positive everyone who pops 4th gear is keeping the gas pinned when one of the front wheels is off the ground. The stress of that wheel coming back down while still full throttle is just too much stress.

I think a little mechanical sympathy will go a long ways there

I’ve had a 2017 CTR since 2017 and now moved to a 2021. I’ve tried just about every combo of cooling mods to stay cool on track and finally have a solid solution. With a secondary radiator (among all the other cooling mods) it’s staying cool at track events going HAM the whole time. Think a 100 octane tune could give some great extra power and I’m not overheating so why not.
Just worried about the motor being ok with it

Kefi went MIA or I’d be talking to him about it. Might go Pepo for it
Sponsored

OP
OP
.grimace

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
100 octane tune it will make difference in power , regarding coolant temperatures of the engine is not too much about Ethanol mix or pump 91,93,100 etc , is more about the a/f at WOT what it makes the combustion chamber run at lower temps .

Hit me up for a custom 100 octane tune.

OP
OP
.grimace

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My original post must not be clear, not worried about temps, I know there should be some power gains.

Looking for people who have actually done it and can comment on longevity. Has anything gone wrong with the motor, clutch or transmission type stuff since doing it. Luckily found one guy who tracks his car with a 100 octane tune and no issues so I’m likely going to try it.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Checked with my tuner Salasko Racing, and Ben said a 100 octane tune likely would yield a gain of about 10 hp….not worth it in his opinion.

Flex fuel on the other hand would result in an increase of approximately 40 hp along with some cooling benefits. That said, Ben thinks It would be pushing my luck tracking at that power level on stock internals and clutch…. So he’d dial it down a little…Street driving would be no problem.

My current set up is 366/361 conservative Motec tune for track use, With an XDIHPFP.

OP
OP
.grimace

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Checked with my tuner Salasko Racing, and Ben said a 100 octane tune likely would yield a gain of about 10 hp….not worth it in his opinion.

Flex fuel on the other hand would result in an increase of approximately 40 hp along with some cooling benefits. That said, Ben thinks It would be pushing my luck tracking at that power level on stock internals and clutch…. So he’d dial it down a little…Street driving would be no problem.

My current set up is 366/361 conservative Motec tune for track use, With an XDIHPFP.
I appreciate the follow up! I actually heard from someone else now that same 10hp gain so that seems not worth it.

I know flex fuel can give some decent gains but until they have it at the track I'm going to avoid it. Dang

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2006 v8 4x4 4Runner
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
10hp only? Sounds like they need to check their configs....100 oct def makes more than that. And i've been tracking on 370/411 for almost 2 years. The clutch died, but internals are fine. People are tracking 450-500hp with no issues to the motor.
Sponsored