100,000 miles cvt 1.5t review

L15C

First Name
Russell
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crystal black 2016 Honda Civic touring
Country flag
Just crested 100k in my 2016 cvt Civic touring. I got the car with little to no miles and have been driving it very aggressively the whole time with just break changes and fluids. Iv been more then BLOWN AWAY by how reliable/durable this car is, I love driving and find myself hitting top speed of personally being 122-124mph on almost a daily basis. I know this may offend some and I understand the ignorance of doing that style of driving all the time but everyone has there vice ;) but if that doesn’t drive home the fact that these cars can take a BEATING I don’t know what will lol (just running Custom catback to a y pipe and run 93 daily

Advertisement

dellyjoughnut

Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 4Runner, '19 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
How has your AC system faired since your car is 2016, which is known for the bad AC condensers?

OP
L15C

L15C

First Name
Russell
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
How has your AC system faired since your car is 2016, which is known for the bad AC condensers?
Surprising blows like its brand new I do notice a good bit of condensation that can sometimes leaves puddles but out here in Maryland I don’t tend to need the AC besides maybe 2 months in a year Good question, though I did attempt to get Honda to replace mine but they said It’s only if it fails I dId have the death rattle with the touring subs in the 2016s,

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Reaction score
Car(s)
99 Civic DX, 16 EXT Civic Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pffft, I've had mine since July 15th, 2016, had 2 miles on it, 111,000+ now.. Ktuned at 63,000. So I've even been harder on mine. Get Ktuned and watch the speedo go past 125mph.😁

OP
L15C

L15C

First Name
Russell
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
Pffft, I've had mine since July 15th, 2016, had 2 miles on it, 111,000+ now.. Ktuned at 63,000. So I've even been harder on mine. Get Ktuned and watch the speedo go past 125mph.😁
That’s badass are u on the cvt too ? And we are about the same miles but yeah Iv been wary of a flash but ur giving me Confidence and how often do you guys honestly change ur oil I’m not gonna hold you I tend to change mine every 10k and only changed trans fluids once how often do most of y’all change yours?

BoxsterSteve

still plays with cars...
First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Car(s)
2000 Porsche Boxster S, 2009 MINI Cooper S with JCW tuning kit, 2018 Honda Civic Touring Sedan, the wife’s 2019 Honda CR-V Touring, the son’s 2020 Honda Civic Sport Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
...how often do you guys honestly change ur oil I’m not gonna hold you I tend to change mine every 10k and only changed trans fluids once how often do most of y’all change yours?
2018 Touring sedan here.
Had CVT fluid changed at 30k miles.
Oil changes at 6k regardless of what the Maintenance Minder says.
Nice power bump courtesy of KTuner, but even still I don’t romp on this car the way I do my Boxster and MCS.

OP
L15C

L15C

First Name
Russell
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
2018 Touring sedan here.
Had CVT fluid changed at 30k miles.
Oil changes at 6k regardless of what the Maintenance Minder says.
Nice power bump courtesy of KTuner, but even still I don’t romp on this car the way I do my Boxster and MCS.
Good to know

dallasjhawk

Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2004 Acura TSX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
105k miles on my car. had hondata first, cvt started acting funny. Switch to Ktuner. Got a new cvt under warranty at 30k miles. Been running Ktuner ever since with no issues at all and that is custom tuned 93, e30 and TSP Stage 1 tune. I only have an intake as well. I had 3 new batteries in the first 18 months and the AC fixed at 20k miles under warranty. I had a faulty condenser and compressor. I did another CVT fluid change at 70k miles (40k on the new cvt) No issues since my warranty expired though.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Reaction score
Car(s)
99 Civic DX, 16 EXT Civic Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That’s badass are u on the cvt too ? And we are about the same miles but yeah Iv been wary of a flash but ur giving me Confidence and how often do you guys honestly change ur oil I’m not gonna hold you I tend to change mine every 10k and only changed trans fluids once how often do most of y’all change yours?
Yes, CVT. Changed the fluid at 49k and again at 109k. I usually change the engine oil at 6-7k, usually I'm down to 40% left by then. Have gone as low as 30% maybe once or twice.

OP
L15C

L15C

First Name
Russell
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
Yes, CVT. Changed the fluid at 49k and again at 109k. I usually change the engine oil at 6-7k, usually I'm down to 40% left by then. Have gone as low as 30% maybe once or twice.
Cool yeah I’m thinking of going ktuner

choo

Reaction score
Car(s)
'17 Hatch Sport 6MT , 1995 240sx
Country flag
Good to know the CVT cars are going strong still...my 6 speed will be hitting 120k this week.
Its surprising how tight the car still feels having traveled the equivalent of the Earth's circumference 4+ times lol

With the A/C problem, I think as long as you keep driving the car its fine...as soon as I parked mine and didnt drive it for a couple months it started leaking. I added one can of y1234f 30k ago and its still slowly leaking but working well again.

Advertisement

Advertisement