chestypuller

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Country flag
Has anyone else heard that at 100,000 miles your main display where the speedo is turns into a animated confetti balloons and birthday cake complete with candles saying "happy 100,000 mile birthday!" untel you reach 100,001 miles.? sounds crayz but thats what i was hearing from a guy.
Sponsored

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
That's funny if it does that.

I remember when my dad had an early 80's 300D. Mercedes would send you badges to put on the grill for various mileage targets. I wish Honda would do that or some aftermarket company would offer them. It's just a really neat pride of ownership thing.

I had a D16 Civic with over 450,000 miles.

ken88

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T, 2007 Honda Shadow Aero
Country flag
That's funny if it does that.

I remember when my dad had an early 80's 300D. Mercedes would send you badges to put on the grill for various mileage targets. I wish Honda would do that or some aftermarket company would offer them. It's just a really neat pride of ownership thing.

I had a D16 Civic with over 450,000 miles.
Something like what Subaru has?

https://www.badgeofownership.com

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
my buddy has an '05 Civic Si with almost 400k on it.
Still pulls strong!

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Has anyone else heard that at 100,000 miles your main display where the speedo is turns into a animated confetti balloons and birthday cake complete with candles saying "happy 100,000 mile birthday!" untel you reach 100,001 miles.? sounds crayz but thats what i was hearing from a guy.
Somebody is pulling your leg or you're pulling ours. First, that may be a violation of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards. Second, if not, it should be. Can you imagine the number of wrecks that would occur as people quickly pulled out their cell phones to take pictures of that distraction while they're driving 80 MPH on a six-lane highway?

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Somebody is pulling your leg or you're pulling ours. First, that may be a violation of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards. Second, if not, it should be. Can you imagine the number of wrecks that would occur as people quickly pulled out their cell phones to take pictures of that distraction while they're driving 80 MPH on a six-lane highway?
Federal law states that they need to have a speedometer functioning in every car at all times, so that whole "animation" thing would pretty much be illegal if it were real. Someone is definitely pulling your leg buddy.

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
Federal law states that they need to have a speedometer functioning in every car at all times, so that whole "animation" thing would pretty much be illegal if it were real. Someone is definitely pulling your leg buddy.
He’s talking about the middle screen where it says mpg and stuff. Nothing to do with the gauges

nuowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI
Country flag
The speedometer is displayed on the "middle screen where it says mpg and stuff"!
But you can change the 'other stuff' and the speedometer still shows... so I wouldn't call hooey until somebody turns 100,000 and watches it. It would be kinda cool.

Swank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe Black
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If anyone is approaching the 62,000 mile mark then switch the display to kilometers, you'll hit 100K a bit past 62,137 miles. IF such an easter egg existed maybe the same milestone happens at 100K KM.

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
Like that's any different than how distracted drivers are already? When's the last time you were cruising down a 6-lane highway at 80 MPH and someone wasn't looking at their phone?

OP
OP
chestypuller

chestypuller

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Country flag
hope someone on here has cracked the 100,000 mile mark to let us know if its real. its supposed to last a untill the next mile, so it would stay on long enough to pull over and get a video of it.

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It would be a while for me to reach the 100k mile mark. So far I have only driven 3600 miles afyer 3 months of ownership. Yes, I've been driving it to work and everywhere. My company is only 10min away from my house tho.

damudave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Section 393 regarding a speedometer only applies to buses, tractor trailers, etc but not normal passenger cars. Most states don’t require a speedometer either. I first learned this from a CHP officer that was issuing me a ticket. He said that the oversized tires on my truck might have played a part in me speeding although according to my speedometer I wasn’t. He then told me that in CA a speedometer wasn’t required but going the speed limit is. Lol. But anyway, no, there is no federal law for speedometers on passenger cars.

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
I've been pulled over in my 2000 with no instrument cluster installed at all and that's never been the problem.

At that point you'd think they'd be concerned about the odometer that isn't counting... (that's the only place the mileage is recorded on those cars).
Sponsored