-10% Short trim and Long trim Fuel Idle times?

OP
OP
randylauj94

randylauj94

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CIVIC HATCHBACK EX
Country flag
Yes. I ran the exact same intake. You could rescale the maf but take it from me you'll end up chasing your tail. The car would run light years better on any map from factory up with the factory intake. It really can never be perfect again once changed. Which sucks. But that is the way it is.
What long term issues would I run into if I don't do the maf scalling?
Sponsored

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic hatchback sport
Country flag
it’s taking fuel out, which is a rich condition. Not lean.
I never said it’s a lean condition. I said the system was “leaning out” meaning taking fuel away to induce a more lean condition.

Rustlinjimmies

First Name
Meh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Long idle times will usually just chew through fuel on whatever car you drive, Since the pandemic I've been only driving 3 miles to work and back home so my mpg took a big dive. Cars love long drives, hot temps will definitely contribute to this as well, BUT I did have the injen cai and my fuel trims were horrd between -10-14 on most days but once I got the prl my ltft never goes above -8 and gets as low as -2 its been great. So take it from me that sometimes parts and how they are made very well factor into this issue. And injen has been known for this issue I made the mistake but I'm much happier with the PRL

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Hello all,

Just wanted to get allittle more insight. I'm currently using TSP Stage 1 with Mimishmoto SRI. My L.Trim is at -10% idle and S.trim is at -7%. I seen the Short trim as low as -14% and Long trim at -14%. Was wondering if something else is going on?

I flashed to hondata +6 with Mishimoto SRI and now Idle im between -3% - 0%. Is it just the tune? Thank you in advanced.

2017 Civic hatch EX. Only Hondata and Mishimoto.
On idling and hot weather I can easily see the LTFT drop to -10% and STFT to -14% or whatever. I consider it totally normal with a totally stock car.

OP
OP
randylauj94

randylauj94

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CIVIC HATCHBACK EX
Country flag
On idling and hot weather I can easily see the LTFT drop to -10% and STFT to -14% or whatever. I consider it totally normal with a totally stock car.
Thank you! Im just being cautious but lookalike weather has a huge play as well.

Ben0012

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan 2.0 CVT
Country flag
2.0 owner, as soon as I added the K & N short ram my fuel trims went haywire. LTFT sits between 17 and 20 now. Still no CEL. I’ll be getting a custom tune to fix it apparently the maf housing is a different size. Likely it’s the intake.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Just curious what issues you ran into from trying to rescale? I've never dealt w/ it on this platform, but on my WRX I had done it and while it's a huge PITA to record all of the data points, overall it was pretty straight forward and resulted in very good trims. Surprised that this platform would be much different.
Honda Civic 10th gen -10% Short trim and Long trim Fuel Idle times? Screenshot_20190419-114342_Hondata

Your correct. It absolutely can be done and done well. I just wouldnt suggest going through the effort. I was completely ocd about it and already had alot of experience on prior platforms.

Much easier to just run the factory intake and know the computer is happy.

Id trust my car on a factory intake at 25psi before I would trust an uncorrected intake on even the stock cal. But I am picky.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
What long term issues would I run into if I don't do the maf scalling?
**Potential for excess carbon buildup, injector failure. If/when that would occur I have no idea.
Sponsored