SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
My car is stock with 34k miles on it. I bought it with 20k on it already. I can’t say for certain how gentle the previous owner was on the clutch, but i don’t think he abused it. It was a lease and was left bone stock.

Clutch holding strong. I do a WOT pull in 2nd or 3rd a few times a week to check. I want the stock clutch to last the normal life span of a clutch. My only concern is that i slip the clutch to make shifting into 2nd and 3rd faster. This may lead to faster wear. We shall see.
Sponsored

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
I agree that this forum definitely does have a lot of people who sound like they can't drive manuals to save their lives but the number of people complaining about the clutch life on the Si kinda worries me. My last clutch lasted 175k and died with the car that was totalled in an accident. Still had life in it. Even though I clearly know how to drive, I worry this one won't last half as long.

I hope I'm wrong.
I think if you’re capable of nailing your rev matches 90% of the time, it’ll last 100k. It’s the excessive clutch contact needed to combat the rev hang going into 2nd and 3rd that worries me.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, my car is a little over 2 years old... has been tuned for 2 years, and has been running the hottest map on TSP stage 1 for a year and a half of that (24.5# map is my default ‘map 1’ map).

My stock clutch is fine (shrug).

zhendexing

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My clutch is fine 24k mile, been on ktuner 21.5 and map stage 1+ since 1k mile

However I do plan on upgrading the clutch mainly because of the slow rev drop from stock flywheel.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Some drivers wear out the clutch faster than others. I often see manual drivers lugging engines, riding clutches, and shifting like they're in a race car in normal traffic.

Sometimes I feel like nearly half the manual drivers don't know how to properly drive manual. What surprises me the most is the amount of people on these forums that actually lug their engines. The fact that they notice clutch slipping while lugging means that lugging is part of their driving habit.

TLDR; clutch will last as long as every other car, if driven properly
Boomers love lugging these engines to stay out of boost and get an extra +2mpgs :dunno:

FC1Dawn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Been around 2 years. No clutch issues at all. TSP Stage 1 tune went in last month and I have not experienced any clutch slip. I drive pretty conservatively though.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag

Dirtychonies

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I have 42k miles on my 2017 Si with stock clutch (Mostly highway miles). I have a Mishimoto intake and PRL FMIC with K-Tuner dual 19/23. My clutch has slipped before while driving WOT in 3rd gear in sport mode. Now I drive my car conservatively to avoid the slip. Kinda sucks because I really cant have fun with the car. I do get chatter in 1st gear when I begin to drive the car after warming it up. But goes away in a few minutes. I'm hesitant to install a DP. Other than that, car drives fine. Also...that AC drone is annoying af...

SHAYN3R

First Name
SHAYNE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
72,000km and 0 issues. Been tuned on TSP stage 1 for probably the last 8,000km, Ktuner basemap before that, and hondata +6 before that. Been tuned for a long time.

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
70,000 miles on a stock clutch and a stock tune. No problems. Test drove my new tune and no problem with 19.5 boost. Tried 21.5 boost and spun the clutch. Using 19.5 intermittently, but after 5000 miles, it is starting to slip.

My first consideration is an ACT set up. With an Eman's set up as a second choice.

Gagerr

Energy green ;)
First Name
Gage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here is my story. 30k miles with downpipe, frontpipe, catback, intake. Ktuner was only used to disable cel. 35k miles and flashed 23.5psi ktuner map. Clutch slip began a week later. Swapped to fx350, stock clutch still had about 60% life left.

Edit: fx350 don't care about that 23.5 psi, she puts it down and is rowdy asf. Probably scuffed the break in on it because a week after putting it in I was roll racing on the interstate

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, Boosted Street and Track Monster 91 CRX Si.
Country flag
TSP Stage 1 since 7,000 miles. Started slipping at 13,000....now I've got the ACT clutch/flywheel sitting in my living room, PRL Cobra, Invidia R400 and am debating on whether or not to do dp/fp...then will stick it all on and do a custom dyno tune. Not going to rely on a canned tune with anything more than an intake...

twaugh5

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Jesús Christ lol... I'm at 40k with the stock clutch... Not tuned though so I guess that helps lol. You guys are scaring the crap out of me. Kinda wanted to buy ktuner this year.
I am at 34k on a stock 2017 and no problems. When I raced a Sunbeam Tiger back in the mid 60s I had a modified Ford 260 with a heavy duty clutch, But, in those times replacing a clutch was relatively simple. For those of you who are not familiar with the Tiger -- it was Rootes Group Alpine modified by Shelby made for about 3 years in the mid 60s. It seems that the secret with any mod like I see here is to install a heavier clutch. If you leave it stock and drive sensibly the clutch ought to last 100k miles or more.

wes1099

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I am at 34k on a stock 2017 and no problems. When I raced a Sunbeam Tiger back in the mid 60s I had a modified Ford 260 with a heavy duty clutch, But, in those times replacing a clutch was relatively simple. For those of you who are not familiar with the Tiger -- it was Rootes Group Alpine modified by Shelby made for about 3 years in the mid 60s. It seems that the secret with any mod like I see here is to install a heavier clutch. If you leave it stock and drive sensibly the clutch ought to last 100k miles or more.
I am at 32k miles on my 2017 as well and it’s fine so far. I did however buy it used fresh off of a lease and I have no idea how the previous driver treated it for the first 22k. I drive it quite aggressively and I don’t plan on tuning until I upgrade the clutch.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
I have a 19 Si it was stock till i hit 8k miles so it was fairly short. I been on Ktuner basemaps for 6 months now after being on it i noticed more chatter in the flywheel. I do have the TSP stage 1 tune but havent uploaded for the reason being of my clutch burning out. Bearly reaching a year in a couple weeks & i already wanna buy a new clutch. Any recommendations besides Clutchmasters? I feel like its the same as having an oem dual mass flywheel.... i hear nothing but bad reviews on clutchmaster having chatter.
It has been noted by Hondata that the stock clutch slips on their dyno beyond the first preset, but that they didn't experience it on the road. What that translates to, if you will, is your stock clutch is not likely going to last once you modify your car beyond +40 hp / torque (their base map was +23 hp / +50 ft lbs). I don't know what other tuners experience, but Hondata is willing to admit their own product will eat the clutch, and that's not including any bolt ons.
Sponsored