1. We still need ET60 wheels 2. Here's some ET53 at least (edit: and two ET60 options)

voiddweller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 CTR (Sold), '04 TSX MT, '19 Camaro ZL1 1LE MT
Country flag
Any updates?

OP
OP

yargk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R, '16 GT4, '19 GSW 4motion 6mt
Country flag
Just FYI: You can of course have custom wheels made.

I e-mailed CCW and they said the corsair C10 can be made in ET60 https://ccwheel.com/wheels/ccw-corsair-c10-forged-wheels/

18 inch diameter, comes in 8.5, although I'm guessing ET60 18x9 would fit too, perhaps not 9.5 though
$892 for 8.5X18 list price, but I'm sure you could negotiate a small discount for a club membership or motorsports use
I didn't check weight, but likely 20 pounds or less

I'd say get these if you're not on a budget and want exactly ET60 in an 18 inch wheel.

If 19 inch diameter is okay, I'd say get the FK2 wheels mentioned in the top post, also ET60 because they are OEM.

If you want 18s, but not CCW or other expensive custom wheel, all the other options mentioned above are viable, if not completely ideal (not exactly ET60, but close). I'll keep an eye out for any other options that appear.

Last edited:

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag

I e-mailed CCW and they said the corsair C10 can be made in ET60 https://ccwheel.com/wheels/ccw-corsair-c10-forged-wheels/

18 inch diameter, comes in 8.5, although I'm guessing ET60 18x9 would fit too, perhaps not 9.5 though
$892 for 8.5X18 list price, but I'm sure you could negotiate a small discount for a club membership or motorsports use

I'd say get these if you're not on a budget and want exactly ET60 in an 18 inch wheel.

If 19 inch diameter is okay, I'd say get the FK2 wheels mentioned in the top post, also ET60 because they are OEM.

If you want 18s, but not CCW or other expensive custom wheel, all the other options mentioned above are viable, if not completely ideal (not exactly ET60, but close). I'll keep an eye out for any other options that appear.
What did you end up going with? Everything seems rather expensive, easily over $3k for wheels/tires. Only the Motegis are affordable and those are...not the best looking things.

Sales@USR

First Name
USR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.unitedspeedracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Any wheel you have custom made you need to send them measurements of the stock caliper measurement in relation ti the wheel mounting face. CCW centers are generally pretty thick a d standard face most likely would not clear the CTR front calipers....adding spacers defeats the purpose you are trying to achieve

OP
OP

yargk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What did you end up going with? Everything seems rather expensive, easily over $3k for wheels/tires. Only the Motegis are affordable and those are...not the best looking things.
I went with Advan RS-DF progressive. Cool wheels, I wish they had an offset higher than ET53, but it seems like good compromise for strong lightweight wheels.

Since the OEM Fk2 wheels are about $1642 shipped (or at least they were when I checked), they seem like the best deal. (Adding shipping and tax to the Motegis brings them a bit closer in price to these).

OP
OP

yargk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Any wheel you have custom made you need to send them measurements of the stock caliper measurement in relation ti the wheel mounting face. CCW centers are generally pretty thick a d standard face most likely would not clear the CTR front calipers....adding spacers defeats the purpose you are trying to achieve
This is a very valid concern. I did specify to CCW that they were for a CTR so I'm hopping their claim of ET60 for an 18X8.5 is true. I can double check with them though.

(Does the comment about thick CCW centers apply to the corsair line?)

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
I went with Advan RS-DF progressive. Cool wheels, I wish they had an offset higher than ET53, but it seems like good compromise for strong lightweight wheels.

Since the OEM Fk2 wheels are about $1642 shipped (or at least they were when I checked), they seem like the best deal. (Adding shipping and tax to the Motegis brings them a bit closer in price to these).
What offset were the RS-DF progressive? And if you don't mind sharing, how much did that set up cost you?

Bluenose CTR

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
I put about 2k km's on stock then switched to a winter set-up:

245/40R18 Michelin Ice
18/8 +35 offset Motegi MR116

The ride quality is much smoother however the car now wavers side to side under somewhat heavy accelleration in 2nd - 5th gear. The difference in torque steer is very noticable. The car does not "dive" into corners as well either. This is also very noticable. Although there are many variables, I suspect the +35 offset versus +60 is the main culprit.

My Motegi MR116 18's look great but my late spring to early fall set-up will be as close an offset to +60 as possible. I will go with 19's as opposed to 18's to get close to that 20" stock feel. Save the 20's for the track.

This car is awesome. So very happy with my purchase!

Thx for your research and sharing peeps! Take care

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
“Although there are many variables, I suspect the +35 offset versus +60 is the main culprit.”

The winter tire compound affects both traction and sidewall stiffness more than offset, possibly by order of magnitude more. Your comparing a pure summer tire to a winter tire that depends on that flexible soft sidewall. Even the winter tread design and the tread block depth contributes more than offset with regard to steering feel and grip with intended direction.

Honda Civic 10th gen 1. We still need ET60 wheels 2. Here's some ET53 at least (edit: and two ET60 options) 98633A67-8AF7-4656-8574-04C46B8278EE

Honda Civic 10th gen 1. We still need ET60 wheels 2. Here's some ET53 at least (edit: and two ET60 options) 92141532-C138-4887-BDCF-39356FC0F5BF

Here is a comparison with all season, with summer there would be a much larger difference.
You can translate the friction factor on braking to acceleration.

In essence, uh you went to winter tires from summer tires...

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
I put about 2k km's on stock then switched to a winter set-up:

245/40R18 Michelin Ice
18/8 +35 offset Motegi MR116

The ride quality is much smoother however the car now wavers side to side under somewhat heavy accelleration in 2nd - 5th gear. The difference in torque steer is very noticable. The car does not "dive" into corners as well either. This is also very noticable. Although there are many variables, I suspect the +35 offset versus +60 is the main culprit.

My Motegi MR116 18's look great but my late spring to early fall set-up will be as close an offset to +60 as possible. I will go with 19's as opposed to 18's to get close to that 20" stock feel. Save the 20's for the track.

This car is awesome. So very happy with my purchase!

Thx for your research and sharing peeps! Take care
That wavering feeling under acceleration is most likely your winter tires not the wheels.

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
I just contacted CCW again. They confirm that they can make a C10 wheel in 18x8.5 ET 60 that will clear the front calipers.
I'm guessing pricing on those is close to 1k/wheel though huh?

BC customs will do something similar for ~$3,500.

OP
OP

yargk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm guessing pricing on those is close to 1k/wheel though huh?

BC customs will do something similar for ~$3,500.
Their list price is $892 per wheel and I haven't really pushed to see what kind of discount I could get because I'm not in the market this second. However, experience tells me that at this price range for this type of wheel, there's usually significant wiggle room (when pricing other custom forged American and German wheels). I could be wrong though.
Sponsored