1 thing you hate about your 10th gen civic?

hondabandit

First Name
hondaman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sport hatch
Country flag
Weak usb charging. come on honda.
Sponsored

booost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I've been saying this for so long.

Like they could've easily put the base model at like 190, the Sport trims at 210/220, and the Si at like 240/250 with no impacts on the Type R sales
I agree with you. If you look at competitors, mainly the Veloster N that is coming with 275hp from factory for about $2k more than the SI it makes me think they should have had 250-275 in the SI with a much stronger clutch and stronger internals. They know a large percentage are going to mod these cars, why not just embrace it and make things stronger. if they did, a whole bunch of customers would be raving about it.

Type R could have had 350-400 easily and give the M2 a run for its money. Granted, i'm talking from an unknowledgeable standpoint and I'm sure the honda engineers did things for a certain reason.

Then again, my civic before my 10th gen SI got 190k miles and was never in the shop once and that's ultimately why I choose Honda again.

bmfontdevila

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I agree with you. If you look at competitors, mainly the Veloster N that is coming with 275hp from factory for about $2k more than the SI it makes me think they should have had 250-275 in the SI with a much stronger clutch and stronger internals. They know a large percentage are going to mod these cars, why not just embrace it and make things stronger. if they did, a whole bunch of customers would be raving about it.

Type R could have had 350-400 easily and give the M2 a run for its money. Granted, i'm talking from an unknowledgeable standpoint and I'm sure the honda engineers did things for a certain reason.

Then again, my civic before my 10th gen SI got 190k miles and was never in the shop once and that's ultimately why I choose Honda again.
Literally. Like make the base models the reliable commuter car the civic is known for. The rest of the tiers really could've been upped since even Honda themselves know how much enthusiasts mod these cars.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T 2 dr. Coupe
Country flag
It would have to be the TMPS as thing goes off even after I do the calibration. I pretty much learned to live with it. sigh

civicdriver_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic LX Sedan NA 2.0 L CVT
Country flag
replace the halogens with some decent LED bulbs and you'll be much happier with the illumination at night.
Thanks very much for the suggestion from a while back, I actually made the switch! Visibility is A LOT better at night now.

For anyone else that has the halogen bulbs, I highly recommend Boslla Minimal H11's for the low beam. You can find them on Amazon, though the high beams are currently sold out. I've had them for a couple of months and they've been working great, no issues. Took around 10 minutes to install, basic plug and twist and you're done! When you twist them in all the way the beams are centered and lined up perfectly. My fridge is messing up the line but they are focused in a straight line, highly recommend!

Honda Civic 10th gen 1 thing you hate about your 10th gen civic? IMG_20210216_171047

Honda Civic 10th gen 1 thing you hate about your 10th gen civic? IMG_20210216_171104

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
A new hate recently popped up for me: The road noise. I guess that would be a mixture of blame on the sound insulation and the stock tires.

I always thought the road noise was fairly bad. But after having just taken off my snow tire/wheel setup and threw the stockers back on, it's so much more noticeable. The snow tires were definitely quieter. I'm guessing the softer rubber plays a role in that.

sprayed150

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 si
Country flag
It's really fucking slow.

It handles fantastic, but since I can't tune it for the class I race, it's slower than every pickup I've ever owned, I constantly wish it came with 230ish hp at least

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
A new hate recently popped up for me: The road noise. I guess that would be a mixture of blame on the sound insulation and the stock tires.

I always thought the road noise was fairly bad. But after having just taken off my snow tire/wheel setup and threw the stockers back on, it's so much more noticeable. The snow tires were definitely quieter. I'm guessing the softer rubber plays a role in that.
Same. I even had the wheel bearings checked to make sure there was nothing wrong mechanically.

Last edited:

Archangel

Archangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R CW #00006
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How about the MSRP mark up, or "Market Adjustment" for Type R's

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
Since tuning, not having a LSD.

LesAnanasNeParlentPas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Corolla CE
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Strange, I actually find the road noise in my car pretty quiet for an economy car. Definitely a huge improvement over the previous Civics that were infamous for loud road noise.