1 thing you hate about your 10th gen civic?

LesAnanasNeParlentPas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Corolla CE
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
my civic may have a few things that i do not really love, but it is stlll way better than a boring ass corolla. I tried REALLY hard to like toyotas, but they are just so fucking boring and nothing special about them at all.

Icebear

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatch Sport Touring 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 1991 Chevrolet c1500
Country flag
One thing I don't I like is the digital speedometer , I'd change it in a heartbeat .

The layout isn't bad ( although the refresh rate is ) I just prefer the sweep of a needle .

I wish KTuner would add something like that to the V2 .

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
One thing I don't I like is the digital speedometer , I'd change it in a heartbeat .

The layout isn't bad ( although the refresh rate is ) I just prefer the sweep of a needle .

One of the things I've come to prefer is the digital speedometer, starting with my 2006 Civic, all the way up to my current CRV. Instant information at-a-glance, far less time to see speed vs an analog gauge. You can see it in the periphery of your vision with attention still on the road, analog requires a direct look, pointer position relative to a numeric index. I guess it's pretty much preference, but I think digital has definite advantages.

Icebear

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatch Sport Touring 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 1991 Chevrolet c1500
Country flag
One of the things I've come to prefer is the digital speedometer, starting with my 2006 Civic, all the way up to my current CRV. Instant information at-a-glance, far less time to see speed vs an analog gauge. You can see it in the periphery of your vision with attention still on the road, analog requires a direct look, pointer position relative to a numeric index. I guess it's pretty much preference, but I think digital has definite advantages.
For sure , a digital is easier to read for most . My Kia Soul Turbo I had , was equipped with both .

Personally , I've never had a problem processing how fast I was going with just a glance , once I knew how the numerals were laid out , just knowing the general area of where the needle was located was enough for me .

Honda Civic 10th gen 1 thing you hate about your 10th gen civic? IMG_6953.PNG

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag

I didn’t like the digital speedo to begin with & have driven other cars with the same. But I’ve gotten used to it. My other car has an analog tach & speedo, and the area between them can be configured to display a lot of different data including a large digital speedo about 2” high. But I don’t use that, however I have selected to display a small digital one about ½” high near the top. I find myself looking at that instead of the analog speedo because it’s just easier & quicker to tell how fast I’m going.

shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 STI, 15 CRV, 16 Civic RS Turbo, 18 Civic Type R
Country flag
The LED headlight and fog lights are too dim.

42x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JHMCB7, XTHG Civic EX-T
Country flag
Don't know if it was mentioned in an earlier post, and I don't feel like scrolling through 48 pages to find it.
The one thing that hate the most about the civic is not the lack of a physical volume button it is the lack of a light bulb in the glove compartment.

LesAnanasNeParlentPas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Corolla CE
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For sure , a digital is easier to read for most . My Kia Soul Turbo I had , was equipped with both .

Personally , I've never had a problem processing how fast I was going with just a glance , once I knew how the numerals were laid out , just knowing the general area of where the needle was located was enough for me .

IMG_6953.PNG
I hope Honda does some thing like this for the 2022 Civic. i just love having both a digital and analog speedometer lol.

heavyboots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS
Country flag
Same. One day of ownership and I've crashed CarPlay like 3x, once to the point of needing to completely wipe it out of settings on both the CTR and the iPhone before it would work again. And once it crashed from Bluetooth (while it was disabled from playing off CarPlay).

I'm coming from a Focus RS, where Sync 3 is so good it was actually better than CarPlay up until they finally got a "dash view" in iOS 14 so this is a huge disappointment—by far the thing I miss about the Focus the most.

GGinMP

First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR
Country flag
Same. One day of ownership and I've crashed CarPlay like 3x, once to the point of needing to completely wipe it out of settings on both the CTR and the iPhone before it would work again. And once it crashed from Bluetooth (while it was disabled from playing off CarPlay).

I'm coming from a Focus RS, where Sync 3 is so good it was actually better than CarPlay up until they finally got a "dash view" in iOS 14 so this is a huge disappointment—by far the thing I miss about the Focus the most.
I put a boat load of music on a flash drive and have been using that instead of CarPlay for my music, but having to keep Bluetooth off and not use the car audio for hands-free calls sucks.

SichuanHot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I dislike the head unit. It's slow and laggy and feels like an overall afterthought. I only use BT for audio and stopped caring for Android Auto.

bmfontdevila

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
2018 Sport Hatch CVT

Things I Hate:
-Hondas fragile paint
- Honestly the seats aren't comfortable on extended use (usually after an hour or two my back is aching)
- I feel like this generation was shorted on power. I really think they could've set the base at like 210hp, the Si at like 230hp, and the Type R where it's at.

Things that kind of bother me:
-Audio quality is here or there but my opinion doesn't matter because I'm an audiophile
-Really wish the Sport hatch had a sunroof

Yoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX MT
Country flag
I have a rattle around the glove compartment that is irking me, cant figured it out
In my case it was a screw had backed out of the right front mud flap. It was loose and rattling.

Another thing to hate is the software glitch in the ABS/VSA computer that disables ABS, VAS, EPB, TPMS after you bleed the brakes. And don't get me started on the crappy EPB system.
Sponsored