1 thing you hate about your 10th gen civic?

mforcino

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
And then we have people saying their car is solid as a rock and rattle free. Honda must have extremely poor quality control these days. I owned only Hondas for 20 years and then tried Hyundai and Kia before coming back to Honda for this Civic X. I had no problems with the Hyundai or Kia and might be going back to the Korean cars after this.

Had my eye on the K5 turbo...

Untitled 1.jpg
Hyundai and Kia have been killing it. The K5 GT has 290 turbocharged horsepower and the interior is really nice. Meanwhile the Hyundai Elantra N will be coming out soon. All the performance and unique settings of the veloster n but with 4 doors and more room for passengers. Both have a DCT which I hear is really good and probably better than our CVT’s.

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
And then we have people saying their car is solid as a rock and rattle free. Honda must have extremely poor quality control these days. I owned only Hondas for 20 years and then tried Hyundai and Kia before coming back to Honda for this Civic X. I had no problems with the Hyundai or Kia and might be going back to the Korean cars after this.

Had my eye on the K5 turbo...
Quality control & deck lid gaps were discussed elsewhere. I wonder if squeaks & rattles are more prevalent depending where the car was assembled.

Luscive

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (Black)
Country flag
electric parking brake (no skid boi stuff), the CVT is straight cheeks, how small the gas tank is (its a blessing and a curse), and the stock audio system is so garbage imo (i have a base model system to be fair)

CopperPeacock

First Name
Brianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 MSM FC3
Country flag
I have a few:

The audio system is butts on it's best day.

Car falls on it's face over 5k out of the box. (found out this morning)

No VTECH so I can't make VTECH memes with my friends.

Car makes me wanna buy too many parts and I only have SO MUCH money.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Car falls on it's face over 5k out of the box. (found out this morning)
Car makes me wanna buy too many parts and I only have SO MUCH money.
Fix all your performance woes with a KTuner V1.2 ...

Yes, it $449 but you get a few included tunes and lots of easy adjustments. Buy from Phearable or TSP and get one of their great tunes thrown in for free. You won't regret it.

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
For the hatch it was added for the 2019.
That's what I read. I saw a thread somewhere about adding a Honda switch & light. I was hoping to find a ready made spot to add a factory switch but no such luck. I'll have to find the thread again, but it makes me wonder if the person modified the inside of the glove box.

CopperPeacock

First Name
Brianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 MSM FC3
Country flag
Fix all your performance woes with a KTuner V1.2 ...

Yes, it $449 but you get a few included tunes and lots of easy adjustments. Buy from Phearable or TSP and get one of their great tunes thrown in for free. You won't regret it.
It's on the list. I'm gonna put some more miles on it before I pick one up.

I'm leaning toward the KTuner cause that what everyone says work best but the screen thingy is shaped goofy and I don't wanna use it. I already have enough screens to look at.

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
It's on the list. I'm gonna put some more miles on it before I pick one up.

I'm leaning toward the KTuner cause that what everyone says work best but the screen thingy is shaped goofy and I don't wanna use it. I already have enough screens to look at.
That’s version 2, no screen with the 1.2, can use TunerView with your phone if you want gauges, etc. Or with hondahack you can use the TunerView light with the headunit.

CopperPeacock

First Name
Brianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 MSM FC3
Country flag
Do they both have the same functionality?

I can have a copilot ride shotgun holding my surface while tuning or logging if need be, Once it's set and done I don't want another thing floating around. I have a lot of Subiecult friends that have Cobb tuners and they all just have them hanging out on the dash which looks jank IMO.

Jakupdoesnt

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Those giant wheels and rubber band tires. Had to immediately replace tires with thicker side wall (35-profile). Currently shopping for a smaller set of wheels.

IMG_0496-2.jpg
I might be interested in selling some RPF 1s 18x9.5 38 offset, I have a hatchback sport and the wheel sticks out too much for my liking so I need to go down a size in width for my car

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Do they both have the same functionality?

I can have a copilot ride shotgun holding my surface while tuning or logging if need be, Once it's set and done I don't want another thing floating around. I have a lot of Subiecult friends that have Cobb tuners and they all just have them hanging out on the dash which looks jank IMO.
Same functionality other than no built in screen. It has a lot of built in storage for logging so don’t even need a screen for that either, it can be setup to start logging when certain parameters are met, or if using TunerView you can easily toggle it on and off. Don’t even need the dongle connected once tuned either.

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Same functionality other than no built in screen. It has a lot of built in storage for logging so don’t even need a screen for that either, it can be setup to start logging when certain parameters are met, or if using TunerView you can easily toggle it on and off. Don’t even need the dongle connected once tuned either.
Can you tune it and just forget about it or smart to do the Honda hack and keep an eye on your knock control?