1 thing you hate about your 10th gen civic?

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Pretty sure the Camry I was driving for the few years prior were 16" and I have the stock 16" for the EX. Is it fair to say that with all else equal if a smaller proportion of the wall is tire the ride is less cushy?

I'm sure the difference in suspension also plays a role. Toyotas have always just felt very loosy goosy to me and Hondas the exact opposite.
Yup, it's like having a running shoe with an extra foam layer versus one with a thinner sole.
Sponsored

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1. The small gas tank is the most annoying thing, but I can live with that. I'm driving it completely empty each time and manage to get 470 miles out of every single gas tank.

2. Rattling noise of the A/C

3. GPS accuracy problem
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/gps-problem.4913/post-735177

4. Parking sensors are annoyingly loud
https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...ieter-even-when-the-car-standing-still.48229/

5. I don't like the sound of the horn, it sounds a bit like from a toy car but then again, in certain situations it's good when the horn isn't sounding too loud and aggressive.

6. The hood starts to wiggle when driving faster than 100 mph but I can live with that, not too bad for me.

Garpo3000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX Sedan
Country flag
1. The small gas tank is the most annoying thing, but I can live with that. I'm driving it completely empty each time and manage to get 470 miles out of every single gas tank.
Really? This blows my mind. When I refill the "range" predictor automatically resets to 328 miles (is this standard?) And on my first two tanks (without ECON mode on) it claims I was doing about 27-28mpg so that seems pretty close.

On my third tank now and toggling ECON mode on and off. Definitely getting better mileage. But it's telling me more like 31mpg. So still not stellar. Granted it's been mostly city driving in Chicago. But also a few 40+ mile highway round trips to the suburbs.

Do I have a lemon? Or is this normal?

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo Sport Plus
Country flag
6. The hood starts to wiggle when driving faster than 100 mph but I can live with that, not too bad for me.
That is so true! When I first saw it on mine i thought i forgot to close the hood properly!

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
The design of the upper part of the front grille which is very flimsy. It just pops out when you don’t put a zip tie or epoxy on it.

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo Sport Plus
Country flag
Really? This blows my mind. When I refill the "range" predictor automatically resets to 328 miles (is this standard?) And on my first two tanks (without ECON mode on) it claims I was doing about 27-28mpg so that seems pretty close.

On my third tank now and toggling ECON mode on and off. Definitely getting better mileage. But it's telling me more like 31mpg. So still not stellar. Granted it's been mostly city driving in Chicago. But also a few 40+ mile highway round trips to the suburbs.

Do I have a lemon? Or is this normal?
Mine does about 36 mpg in average (commute/city/weekend trips/...) but I always turn the engine idle stop/start off( hate that thing) and my dealer uses 5w30 Shell, I think those increase the consumption by 2-3%, not too much.
Once I did 46mpg on a 600 miles trip. That was the best tho. If you drive a lot in the city then it will be much-much worse especially if you stay in the traffic jam. Btw in many european cars the board computer is telling lies! It’s way too optimistic. In my case it shows always 0.3-0.4 l/100km less then the actual consumption is. The values up there are however calculated vales. I use spritmonitor to log the consumption and other stuff.
I dont think there is any problem with your car. City driving => higher consumption. Refuel with premium and go on a very long trip and check what happens then.

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The best value I had shown by the range predictor was 482 miles, which is exactly 777 kilometers, but therefore I drove really slow before filling up the gas tank.

And I'm also always driving it another minimum of 31 miles after the range predictor told me "zero miles left".

I would say your values are completely normal, maybe those numbers are going down a bit, with a few more miles on the car.

For my part I couldn't see any difference between ECON enabled and disabled. I would say the key things are not to use the car for short distances, avoid congested cities and stop and go traffic, use the momentum as good as possible, try to avoid flooring it. And then don't always drive full speed. When I'm hypermiling, I'm often traveling at 75 and I'm absolutely not driving faster than 86 mph.

But here is an interesting thread regarding gas mileage thing:

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/hypermiling.4354/

Mugen_515

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS
Country flag
The door Interior plastics seem overly cheap and thin. Also hate the fake vent design on both front and rear bumpers. The 20 refresh didnt do anything good in my opinion either.

Garpo3000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX Sedan
Country flag
For my part I couldn't see any difference between ECON enabled and disabled. I would say the key things are not to use the car for short distances, avoid congested cities and stop and go traffic, use the momentum as good as possible, try to avoid flooring it. And then don't always drive full speed. When I'm hypermiling, I'm often traveling at 75 and I'm absolutely not driving faster than 86 mph.
ECON mode definitely seems to give my computer more optimistic projections. Not sure if those numbers are true in actual mileage yet.

And purchased this car for commuting and short trips within the city of Chicago mainly so ?‍♂

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok, but for these kind of driving your consumption is great.
And as soon as you'll make a road trip for a few hundred miles trough mostly rural areas or drive on the highway most of the time, you will see how the fuel consumption will drop.

Zodd

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic sport 1.5t 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i dont like the manual gearbox at all... it is just not smooth, it feels like pulling a stick through some gravel :) but the 1 think that i hate the most is damn automatic windshield vipers... omg that shit is so irregular that drives me nuts... total garbage :/

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
i dont like the manual gearbox at all... it is just not smooth, it feels like pulling a stick through some gravel :) but the 1 think that i hate the most is damn automatic windshield vipers... omg that shit is so irregular that drives me nuts... total garbage :/
Yeah I often forget mine has auto wipers since they almost never come on when you need them.

Fk7_412

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatch 6spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The monthly AC issues :banghead:

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the reminder, I totally forgot that:

7. The automatic windshield wipers is sometimes very annoying

8. The automatic high beams sometimes it works great, sometimes it's so slow or not reacting at all
Sponsored