1 thing you hate about your 10th gen civic?

Deleted member 40377

I have had my car for more than 6 months and the one thing I really hated was the audio system, Was tinny and dull. Kept the head unit and put in Alpine amps, speakers and a sub. Now it's a proper sound system.

I also sort-of dislike the CVT. I have had manuals on almost every car I've owned. I had to get the CVT as it was a rush job to switch to the car (long story) and they had the 1.5 in blue so that was the one I got. Getting used to it but I still feel like I'm riding in the car rather than driving it...
Sponsored

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
The big gaps around the trunk area on the Civic sedan look like something from an American car, not a Japanese one.
I saw several Civic sedans at the dealer where the gap was too wide on one side of the deck lid & too narrow on the other side. That really surprised me. The Civic I bought is OK though, and FWIW so is my American car.

LesAnanasNeParlentPas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Corolla CE
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I saw several Civic sedans at the dealer where the gap was too wide on one side of the deck lid & too narrow on the other side. That really surprised me. The Civic I bought is OK though, and FWIW so is my American car.
My car's gaps are at least perfectly symmetrical to each other. I think it was just a stupid design flaw by Honda honestly. The CRV and Odyssey also suffer from huge gaps around the trunk area.

ulieq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Coupe 2019
Country flag
2019 sport
front end vibration sometimes when slowing down, speeding up or just driving slow. I think the wheels are fine and balanced, I am starting to suspect the CVT.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The thin ass paint and interior creaks. On both my 2018 and 2020 I've had the unfortunate luck of getting a fat paint chip on my front bumper within weeks of getting it...

Also when I drive with the volume off my shit is a creak fest

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
2019 sport
front end vibration sometimes when slowing down, speeding up or just driving slow. I think the wheels are fine and balanced, I am starting to suspect the CVT.
I think the CVT logic gets confused when I brake more aggressively. It did some supremely weird shit when I had to panic stop one time, too; the car wouldn't respond for a good three or four seconds after that.

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
The same dipshit that designed the dipstick was on the TPMS team as well.

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
2019 sport
I have a 2019 Sport, too, and have noticed some slight vibration when braking (and I don't brake hard). I recall seeing others mention it here, too (not necessarily with the same year/model).

Here's the weird thing, though. I noticed it more when I was in Econ mode, during the month or two when I kept it in Econ mode 24/7, just to get a baseline MPG average, so I could compare it to the MPG average with Econ mode turned off. When I finally turned Econ mode off, I noticed immediately that there was less vibration when slowing down.

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
Roadrunner horn and the outdated + low output USB chargers.. sooooo sloooww, Lol.

Garpo3000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX Sedan
Country flag
THE SMALL GAS TANK

Sorry to kick up an old thread for my very first post, but can't believe only a couple others have said it.

Purchased a CPO 2017 EX Sedan with less than 20k miles a few weeks ago. I love it. My previous cars were a '98 Accord V6 (my love) and an '06 Camry (my worst enemy) which both got pretty similar MPG but they had 16-18 gallon tanks. I'm only on my second tank in the new ride but I can already tell I'll be filling up almost twice as often. Kind of a downer. And those cars were the exact same size (width, length, height) as the current civic.

Also a little wary of the combination of road noise and general turbulence. I know that Hondas are known for letting the driver feel the road and are not super cushiony. But I've been behind the wheel of enough Hondas and Acuras to know that this one feels a little too tight for comfort. Wondering if it is tire pressure? Or am I just getting used to the thinner profile tires after coming from traditional old-school tires?

All of you complaining about USB charging and connectivity need to try some better USB cables. That's all it is, I promise. First few I tried barely worked. Now my phone charges faster in the car than in a wall outlet.

Very informative thread though. Sometimes knowing the biggest problems/complaints is the most helpful info. Honestly I don't mind the CVT at all. Feels predictable, even, and modern. (Please don't kill me.)

Last edited:

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
Hate: The Stop/Start always defaulting to on.

I hate that shit and I'd rather pay the minuscule amount extra in fuel than the pricey battery replacement from all the extra wear of restarting the engine.
Sponsored