1 thing you hate about your 10th gen civic?

ulieq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Coupe 2019
Country flag
Keep in mind, you can't push start a MT if the parking brake is dependant on battery power... come to think of it, with all the electronics in the car, I tend to doubt that push starting is any kind of an option anymore. I guess it always was a hack, anyway.
Push Start? This aint the Ford forums.
Sponsored

wdrx02

Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB
Country flag
Have a PMM, and being a new car. I find the paint can easily chip~ so I would say... the quality of the paint is not as good as it use to be. Feels like a low cost and quality paint job...

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ABM CTR, 2004 Mini CooperS
Country flag
I wish it would tell me the tire pressure of each tire... an actual TPMS not the speed sensor thing... that maybe too boujee for some but its small and I miss my old car having it.

wdrx02

Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB
Country flag
I wish it would tell me the tire pressure of each tire... an actual TPMS not the speed sensor thing... that maybe too boujee for some but its small and I miss my old car having it.
Yea, I agree why this mock TPMS with such lies and deception!
The Toyota has it standard and Lexus, so what the heck Honda?

gt58

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic sedan, 2004 STi
Country flag
Climate control button when you first start the car on a hot day. pressing it does nothing until the disclaimer disappears. physical buttons/knobs are nice.

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ABM CTR, 2004 Mini CooperS
Country flag
Climate control button when you first start the car on a hot day. pressing it does nothing until the disclaimer disappears. physical buttons/knobs are nice.
There is a thread of people swapping the part under the touchscreen where the temp knobs are with an accord set that has physical AC button and a knob for fan speed. You do lose the dual temp zones if you have it.

gt58

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic sedan, 2004 STi
Country flag
There is a thread of people swapping the part under the touchscreen where the temp knobs are with an accord set that has physical AC button and a knob for fan speed. You do lose the dual temp zones if you have it.
Dang that does sound nice haha. I'll have to check it out. sorry passenger you're getting LO air > : )

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Yea, I agree why this mock TPMS with such lies and deception!
The Toyota has it standard and Lexus, so what the heck Honda?
Personally, I prefer Honda's system. I can swap my winter wheels w/o having to worry about reprogramming TPMS (or staring at a TPMS light all winter), which in many vehicles requires a special programmer, or a trip to the wheel shop.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Personally, I prefer Honda's system. I can swap my winter wheels w/o having to worry about reprogramming TPMS (or staring at a TPMS light all winter), which in many vehicles requires a special programmer, or a trip to the wheel shop.
With direct TPMS, when the batteries expire in the valves you need at least to jack up the car, deflate the tires and push them partially off the rim to dig out the sensors. The batteries may be soldered in and need some work to unsolder and solder again. The tire service may prefer to sell you new sensors of course. The cost and bother of all of this is obnoxious. If you don't replace the batteries or sensors, you can't get rid of lights and warnings on the dashboard.
For someone leasing the car it may not be a problem, because the batteries could maybe? last for 3 years. But I prefer the Honda indirect system. If I wanted direct pressure I would rather install external valve sensors, although these are not a perfect solution either.

ITGuyLevi

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Touring
Country flag
I gotta go with AC for the win; I have never had this much trouble from one, of course it could just be the dealer milking the warranty for all its worth. I just got the call yesterday that the (7th I think) replacement part is in (various lines/condenser/now AC control unit), so hopefully starting this week I can have a couple more months of AC.

If not for the AC I would only have three gripes about the car...
... The rain sensor seems to go haywire occasionally
... The heated seats are either "the fires of hell" or "not sure if they're on"
... It didn't come in the trim I wanted with a manual (CVT isn't that bad though)

ITGuyLevi

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Touring
Country flag
No mute button for sound system!
That's why I love the steering wheel control on mine. Lightly swipe your finger down from Vol + to Vol - and it mutes, takes less than a half a second. I've heard that they removed the touch sensitive volume slider on newer models though.. which sucks because I was probably the only person that didn't care about a volume knob, that slider is amazing.
Sponsored