1 thing you hate about your 10th gen civic?

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
I love the sunroof/moonroof, and as a taller person it doesn't bother me at all, other than the rattles. And if I had to wear a helmet for anything I probably wouldn't fit...
I haven't tried my helmet in my FK7 yet. Back in my EP3, though, it required a different seating position -- but I wasn't really complaining because I needed to adjust the seat for my "poor man's racing harness" anyway (sliding the seat to lock the seatbelt's centrifugal lock device).
Sponsored

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I have a few gripes but the one that bothers me the most is interior noise. Tons of dash rattles, door panel rattles, my windows rattle if they're half way down, sunroof rattles sometimes. Rattle rattle rattle lol

Muturuc

First Name
Alexi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sedan Executive (EU)
Country flag
No ambient lighting, ventilated seats, 360 camera, no auto parking assist

laz's SI

First Name
Lazaro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civi SI 4 door/ 2017 F-150
Country flag
I’m sure this was mentioned, the fragile that our clutch are , I hate to be limited and having to change it because I add a few Bolt ons

MagicMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Coupe 2002 Mercury Cougar V6
Country flag
The walk-away and timed auto locking feature. It's good, except for ONE thing.

1. still unloading the trunk or whatever after parking. It will auto-lock then give 3 loud HONKS every, single, time.

2. Another theone is Car will go full on alarm honking, LOUDLY when the interior light is ever left on with alarm activated. I hate this feature as I'm sure my neighbors do too. Stupid stupid stupid.
I feel this is an isolated problem, that is not how my (nor any other Civic I've used) works. I can leave my trunk open and as long as I'm standing there it will wait to beep the 2nd time to lock the car until I walk away and am out of range. Even then, it just locks and never beeps or honks. I'm with the others that your car should not be honking at you. Leaving the lights on inside will not do that.

Map lights don't go on when door opens
Mine do.........

I have no switch for the map light also I have chips but still love the car
Lol you press the light itself to turn it on and off, not a switch.

Since these aren't things on this car, you're essentially saying there's nothing you dislike about the car then, great!

Boosted1one

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crystal Black FI FC1 Si âś“
That sounds like an aftermarket alarm set up. Unless they've changed it since 2016. I can leave my
Well, something is broken in your car and if the "one thing you hate about your 10th get civic"
I feel this is an isolated problem, that is not how my (nor any other Civic I've used) works. I can leave my trunk
Sweet!!

I presumed I had to live with it as some sort of new normal behavior I was just not aware of.

I am glad it is not!! Going to the dealer later for some questioning.

(It can be like pulling teeth with this sort of simple stuff with the dealer.. not looking forward to it. )

Thank you for the feedback guys! :thumbsup:

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Here is the button I miss: turning on the rear view camera without the need to shift to Reverse.
Just like the LaneView camera can be turned on with a button.
Maybe it's possible to hack it and wire a rear view switch.

JoeShades

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T Sedan
Country flag
Here is the button I miss: turning on the rear view camera without the need to shift to Reverse.
Just like the LaneView camera can be turned on with a button.
Maybe it's possible to hack it and wire a rear view switch.
Yeah I think with Honda hack you can do that

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Yeah I think with Honda hack you can do that
Yes you can. I assigned a long press of my down button on the steering wheel to bring up the camera, however, there seems to be an issue where for some people, assigned a long press then disables whatever function was assigned to the short press.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Yes you can. I assigned a long press of my down button on the steering wheel to bring up the camera, however, there seems to be an issue where for some people, assigned a long press then disables whatever function was assigned to the short press.

Hmmm.... I have Honda Hack installed, so I looked in there today. I updated to the current version and then checked out the button assignments. There were a bunch of assignable functions, but nothing about any camera. :dunno: I tried assigning some other functions to long touch on some buttons and it worked fine.
So what's the deal?:hmm:

Boosted1one

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe it's because I'm from the Po' side of town.. but what's auto park assist? And what kind of car would have all these features? 360 camera?

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag

hicompb18c1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Accord LX (wife's)
Country flag
Parallel park. E.g., . It's not exactly a new technology.
Cool tech but doesn't belong anywhere in a performance-themed car. This could be a cool feature in Accords or maybe the Sport Touring.

This whole thread is full of people saying they wish their $22,000 car had the features of BMWs and Lexuses :rofl:

Boosted1one

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmmm.... I have Honda Hack installed, so I looked in there today. I updated to the current version and then checked out the button assignments. There were a bunch of assignable functions, but nothing about any camera. :dunno: I tried assigning some other functions to long touch on some buttons and it worked fine.
So what's the deal?:hmm:
At first I thought I didn't have it either, but it was because I didn't scroll down on the list of assignable features. :doh:

If the rear-camera option really isn't there. It's possible it hasn't been updated to the current version 5.0.10 please note it cant be updated within android OS like you would on any other Android OS device

Honda Hack 5.0.10
Release notes

June 29, 2019 Make the manually opened rear camera not conflict with the lanew camera.

To install the latest version, please
1. Launch honda hack
2. Select install and uninstall apps

3. Select install apps online.

I hope that helps!

Yea, I'm one of those guys. Assigning long press to any of the arrows disables all short press functions.

What may work but I haven't looked into yet is to use Honda hack to assign the custom long presses AND also the regular normal short functions. Essentially reprogramming all functions using Honda hack.
Sponsored