1 thing you hate about your 10th gen civic?

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
I considered the question in relation to my expectations when I purchased the Civic. Example: Did I buy a Honda, or an Acura or Lexus? So, after 10,000 miles, including a 3000 mile + road trip, here is my No. 1 gripe...

No lumbar support. That is my biggest gripe. Info unit has issues, it's a little noisy on the highway ('18 Touring) and I'm not thrilled with the CVT, although I love the 1.5 turbo. But for what I got for the money, no lumbar support is my complaint. And, since I'm not alone on this forum with that complaint, I think Honda should look at it.
That's also the one thing I wish I could add. At worst, the seatback is like when a bed's mattress gets old and caves in like a bowl. I recently drove 16 hours each way to Wisconsin and, although I wasn't debilitatingly sore, I had to keep straightening out my back and pushing my butt into the corner of the chair.

catspaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, '04 RX8
Country flag
It’s warranty, go to Honda and ask to resurface your rotors
The car has less then 1k miles on it, I'm pretty sure that's not the issue. The stock pads just emit an awful noise once they warm up and the only remedy is to swap out the pads for something more streetable. I know they're 'high-performance' Brembos, but that's really no excuse.

Dis4Damion

First Name
Damion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
No spare tire and the push button!!!! Wish it had a key like a normal car lol
While I completely agree that a spare tire is a must, why don't you like push button start? I seriously can't go back to key ignition. Love having that ability to keep my keys in my pocket!

markc72

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX-L w/NAVI
Country flag
Easily the lack of quality on the paint job. Chips on the side and hood of the car. Want to bring it in to get evaluated, but I'm sure they would not cover it.

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
While I completely agree that a spare tire is a must, why don't you like push button start? I seriously can't go back to key ignition. Love having that ability to keep my keys in my pocket!
I just prefer a actual key, quicker and easier. It seems to take longer to start and you always need your foot on the brake and clutch to start it. If you want to shut you car off and still listen to music you have to push the button again, takes a few seconds to load up which drives me nuts. I am trying to get use to it but it is taking me awhile.. I have always had a key with my older Hondas.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I just prefer a actual key, quicker and easier. It seems to take longer to start and you always need your foot on the brake and clutch to start it. If you want to shut you car off and still listen to music you have to push the button again, takes a few seconds to load up which drives me nuts. I am trying to get use to it but it is taking me awhile.. I have always had a key with my older Hondas.
Which pedals you need to press to start a MT car really doesn't depend on whether it's a key or a button but on the safety interlocks chosen by the manufacturer in different cars and different times. Current instructions for the pedals when starting the car are identical with a key or button ignition. They tell you to depress brake and clutch. You certainly need to push the clutch all the way, whether it's a 92 or 2018 manual civic. Do you really have to press the brake to start the engine? (the manual says so, but won't it start without it?)

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
If you want to shut you car off and still listen to music you have to push the button again, takes a few seconds to load up which drives me nuts.
That's not a problem with push button start--that's a dumb design choice by Honda that they should realize by driving many competitor cars, with or without push button start, doesn't need to be this way.

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (Boost Blue)
Country flag
Despite what the manual says, you do not need to step on the brake to start the Si.

They probably say that in the manual, to do it so they can cover their ass legally in the event that someone tries to start the car while its in gear LOL :rofl:

But the car will certainly start by stepping on the clutch only.

Sticks

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Touring, 2016 Corvette Z51, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Country flag
That's also the one thing I wish I could add. At worst, the seatback is like when a bed's mattress gets old and caves in like a bowl. I recently drove 16 hours each way to Wisconsin and, although I wasn't debilitatingly sore, I had to keep straightening out my back and pushing my butt into the corner of the chair.
Exactly! I was looking for a way to describe it. Young or old, all of our backs are different. And if you are young and don't notice it now, you will when you are older. :) It wouldn't need to be an expensive add. I'm not asking for a 1000 way adjustable seat. Maybe a simple manual lever like I had in my last MINI and a few other cars. Just give my back something.

Xcelent

Biter's Garage EST. 2018
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si 4-dr
Country flag
Interior is cheap cloth like a all the Fords on the road. No Si badging on the floor mats, that is petty I know lol, but really my 8th gen had it and I liked that. Armrest is meh, could be more comfortable. I'm slender and 6"0 but the seat bolsters are very tight, could have adjustable ones, oh wait Si's will never come with electric seats lol.

Camvillaa

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
The car has less then 1k miles on it, I'm pretty sure that's not the issue. The stock pads just emit an awful noise once they warm up and the only remedy is to swap out the pads for something more streetable. I know they're 'high-performance' Brembos, but that's really no excuse.
I work at Honda and I see this issue everyday. Just tell them it’s a recall on the Bulletin we do.

jcivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
The door to the gas filler keeps popping open when I drive.
I went to a full service car wash, the dry mode popped the door open and so much force, dented the body where the crease is. I’ve been contemplating contacting management or Dent Wizard...
Another dislike, the drivers side A/C vent won’t stay in place, now I got one of those air fresheners stuck in there to hold it

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
I absolutely hate that they put a weak clutch in the Si. Drives me insane.
Sponsored