1 thing you hate about your 10th gen civic?

Rob2112

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
All this talk about easy to chip paint.
Which color do you think is the easiest to touch up and the least noticeable.

Zodd

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic sport 1.5t 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
swift sport 2007, washed 1 per week, that car was in car wash at least 100+ times, never waxed, never polished...
after 12 years paint still intact with very little webbing, also not much stone chips... my honda i own it for 9 months already some
small webbing, and glossy black is a nightmare to clean, and i take really good care prewash it, using 2 buckets for body, 2buckets for tires/rims and diffrent tools for rims/tyres/body
, so i dont get any stone in my sponges :p honda paint is not good, and i will get ceramic coating :/

12 years hundred + times in automated car washed, and car was outside for 8 years with no roof.
paint still insane suzuki knows how to do paint :)

Honda Civic 10th gen 1 thing you hate about your 10th gen civic? c_oc=AQl6ScIJzo-ZqIY5rUEtz0igtuuxtK6MNr-gnX6lLw0Newsr5x5D0zW2JhsGktEkEus&_nc_ht=scontent.flju1-1

Honda Civic 10th gen 1 thing you hate about your 10th gen civic? c_oc=AQmuNIKsqdGeBoPmhdZaH6t08YKFJjHupzOUd4KeQVgdqJRMl6TS8nkK1RWDoaHYwtw&_nc_ht=scontent.flju1-1

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
By an order of magnitude, the buggy, mindlessly stupid and inconsistent UI, very laggy to user inputs (press touch target, radio reacts seconds later), voice recognition syntax that has nothing to do with terms you see on the screen when doing the same things without voice and doesn't recognize voice all that well besides, borderline useless in how it handles music from USB sticks, infotainment. I'm on the second and likely final update they've issued. The thing is still buggier than the Everglades. When it isn't crashing, it sounds fine to me. No, I don't really mind the lack of volume knob, or the integrated HVAC controls. But the firmware is crap in every way and the system is way underpowered for that firmware.

Before the 10th gen Civic, we had a 2012 Focus with the execrable Gen 2 My Ford Touch infotainment. This isn't quite that bad. (An incredibly low bar.) But even that had a better, more logical, UI, saner voice recognition vocabulary that resembled how you did the same things with touch, was at least as good at voice recognition, and was vastly more capable in terms of how it allowed you to play music from a USB stick.

10th Gen Civic "Display Audio" was NOT Honda's finest hour... Oh, and to add insult to injury, Honda really doesn't care about what their owners experience with it.

All the other things about the car that I'd change or improve are minor complaints by comparison.

jronin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Country flag
Usb charging sucks! flat out does not work, I tried a charging mat too, my android charges for 5 seconds then stops for 2 seconds and does this over and over. ITS 2019! How is this a problem? I carry a mobile battery charger for long trips now.

No button on handle to unlock door. (2019 civic sport hatch.)

paint chips on the first month of driving the car.

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What do you mean?
There are people who traded in the civic for other cars instead because of these gaps. It’s the typical eyesores on 10gen civic.

Synomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatch
Country flag
The climate controls not having anything but knobs to adjust temperature (2017 Sport Touring HB) and having to use the screen for the rest of the climate controls.

Giltibo

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Accord Coupe 5MT. '18 Civic Sport Touring 6MT (Both Red!)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My wifes biggest complaint about the car is the USB port. Not charging her android at all!

Mine is the stupid ECON button. Not the functionality of it but the location of where its placed at. So annoying.
Usually, the no-charging problem is solved with a quality cable. Never, ever had a problem with any of my (and my wife's) Android phones.(iPhones are usually the ones that are a PITA when it comes to charging and cables)

Giltibo

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anyone else have a problem with the gas filler? At the two stations I go to it always clicks the pump before its full. None of my other cars that I take do that.
It does not depend on the car. It's the way gas nozzles work.

A gas pump nozzle is all about vacuum and pressure. Each nozzle has a hole near the top that is eventually covered by gas when the proper fill level is reached. This shuts down the flow of air to the nozzle, causing it to automatically shut off as a diaphragm closes and stops the flow of fuel

Giltibo

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wish there was an indicator light or a notification when you're running low on windshield wiper fluid.
That's a Canada exclusive as you can't see the bottom of the 4.5L tank. The US-Spec Honddas have a 2.5L tank that you can see entirely. (And it's on the left side in Canada, on the right in the US)

civilian

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
That Honda angled the navigation screen perfectly so that it is completely covered in glare and unusable if you have the sunroof open.
Sponsored