1 thing you hate about your 10th gen civic?

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Exactly, I think the newer crop of Hyundais will eat Honda's lunch with that awesome 8 spd DCT. I will be testing out an Elantra N soonish.
I also want to test drive a new Hyundai with an 8 speed DCT.

When I was about to buy the Civic in 2017 I couldn't decide between the Hyundai i30 Fastback with a DCT and the Civic with a CVT. But then I stumbled over too many people complaining about the jerkyness and problems with slipping gears with the DCT, so I went with Honda and their CVTs.
Sponsored

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
Im shocked people would get the cvt over manual. Its so numb qnd dull to me.
I mean i drove the car to vermont. Multiple trips to wv eitj my cvt civic. But i wouldn't consider a cvt as a daily.
I didnt trust it lasting a long time past the 100k. The mountainous area and game lands in vermont. It wasnt quite right since that trip. Came back and traded like q week later or something. Qlso was the last time i let honda service or touch my shit.
I've put 135k miles on my civic in the past 5 years (80k in the past two years) and the CVT has held up pretty well. I drive 1000 miles in a day, twice per month. I'm in all kinds of different terrain. I'm happy with it. I change the transmission fluid per the "severe conditions" recommendation of every 30k miles. I don't baby it either. Those trips are 90-95 mph set on cruise, even in the hills.

Nothing feels different to me with the car, so I hope your initial feelings don't come true and I can get another 100k miles out of it!

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
... However one thing that I want to mention is excessive fuel vaporizing. It's not that I hate it, but don't like it ...
Do you mean the fuel vaporozing when refilling the gas tank? Especially on hot summer days.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
awesome 8 spd DCT
Hopefully, Hyundai gets it right.

I so wanted to like the DCT in our 2012 Ford Focus Mk III. And on the rare occasions that it worked well--constant throttle, basically--it was great. Otherwise, it was a jerking, indecisive, piece of crap. And that's before getting into the reliability problems all too many owners had. (We got rid of ours before we had to go down that road.)

By comparison, the 10th gen Civic CVT paired with the 1.5T has been completely unremarkable. For a transmission, this doesn't seem like a bad characteristic. I don't get the CVT hate. No, it's not a manual. If you wanted a manual, sure, you hate the CVT. Otherwise, it does what it should. And to the reliability naysayers, these have been in 10th gen Civics for six years now. Where's the rash of failure reports?!?

sventhecivic

First Name
Gaetano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EXT
Country flag
Hopefully, Hyundai gets it right.

I so wanted to like the DCT in our 2012 Ford Focus Mk III. And on the rare occasions that it worked well--constant throttle, basically--it was great. Otherwise, it was a jerking, indecisive, piece of crap. And that's before getting into the reliability problems all too many owners had. (We got rid of ours before we had to go down that road.)

By comparison, the 10th gen Civic CVT paired with the 1.5T has been completely unremarkable. For a transmission, this doesn't seem like a bad characteristic. I don't get the CVT hate. No, it's not a manual. If you wanted a manual, sure, you hate the CVT. Otherwise, it does what it should. And to the reliability naysayers, these have been in 10th gen Civics for six years now. Where's the rash of failure reports?!?
Same, literally. Here’s proof. Too many problems with my 2012 Focus. Honda was the closest dealership and that Civic (my Civic) was the first and only one I test drive. Bought it the next day.

Honda Civic 10th gen 1 thing you hate about your 10th gen civic? 9A25AE6B-D0C2-47ED-9725-9E7C38FC02D3

Honda Civic 10th gen 1 thing you hate about your 10th gen civic? 0B042316-1DA2-4A92-AEE6-23800857DC88

kcolbeez

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
The one thing I hate is my defroster. I have a 2016 Civic and we nicknamed it the fog mobile because it constantly fogs up and the defrost is horrible, especially on the front side windows. My Nissan Altima Coupe has vents on the front drives and passenger side doors, which was helpful.

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
The one thing I hate is my defroster. I have a 2016 Civic and we nicknamed it the fog mobile because it constantly fogs up and the defrost is horrible, especially on the front side windows. My Nissan Altima Coupe has vents on the front drives and passenger side doors, which was helpful.
Do you smoke cigs or weed in or around the car? Smoke can help fog up windows. Clean your windows more often even if not the case. Otherwise like previous poster replied maybe something wrong with unit?

kcolbeez

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
Do you smoke cigs or weed in or around the car? Smoke can help fog up windows. Clean your windows more often even if not the case. Otherwise like previous poster replied maybe something wrong with unit?
No, no smoking in the car.

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@kcolbeez
Is your AC constantly running?

I've heard of people, who shut their AC off a few minutes before arriving at their parking lot. That's for dehumidifing.
Maybe you can try that a few times and see if it's better, on the next mornings?

Some people also open the side windows slightly, everytime before arriving. That also has a dehumidifing effect.

When was the last time you changed your cabin filter? Maybe there is something wrong with it?

kcolbeez

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
@kcolbeez
Is your AC constantly running?

I've heard of people, who shut their AC off a few minutes before arriving at their parking lot. That's for dehumidifing.
Maybe you can try that a few times and see if it's better, on the next mornings?

Some people also open the side windows slightly, everytime before arriving. That also has a dehumidifing effect.

When was the last time you changed your cabin filter? Maybe there is something wrong with it?
No, I live in Massachusetts so my AC is not constantly running and I had my engine and cabin filters both replaced about a month ago. This is more in the cooler & winter weather. I was told it’s a known issue with Civic’s but haven’t seen anyone else post about it as of yet.

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@kcolbeez
Ok I see. I park my car outside, since I don't have garage. I use a cheap frost cover, during the cold weeks in winter. Maybe that's why I don't have issues with defrosting.

Honda Civic 10th gen 1 thing you hate about your 10th gen civic? 12

borcth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Right now, it's the pesky bi-polar condensation that pops up randomly in my passenger rear taillight. It might be days, weeks or months before it randomly pops up. It had been dry here finally and cool, but once it started to heat up again and the humidity came back, it showed up.:rolleyes:
Sponsored