1 thing you hate about your 10th gen civic?

civicfk7

First Name
triona
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda FK7
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree, CVT really limits what you can actually do.
#1 thing I hate is my CVT. Power mods have a ceiling and with all the mods I've done the CVT is the weak point. It's convenient to drive but not as fun as the manual.
Sponsored

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Never buy a car without test driving it before. I drove both, the stick shift and CVT and went for the CVT :spaz:

Tyler.iguess

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Aside from the epb.
The whole not reliably capable of making power like the previous gens k series.

Still fun car though. Oh and have you seen the prices of shit? Lol crazy

Tyler.iguess

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Never buy a car without test driving it before. I drove both, the stick shift and CVT and went for the CVT :spaz:
Im shocked people would get the cvt over manual. Its so numb qnd dull to me.
I mean i drove the car to vermont. Multiple trips to wv eitj my cvt civic. But i wouldn't consider a cvt as a daily.
I didnt trust it lasting a long time past the 100k. The mountainous area and game lands in vermont. It wasnt quite right since that trip. Came back and traded like q week later or something. Qlso was the last time i let honda service or touch my shit.

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I hate that I had to get a moonroof as part of a package when I just wanted a power seat. I have to pay more & get less head room.

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Tyler.iguess
I also live in a mountainous area, it's not that bad, the engine braking with the paddle shifters works great. And I picked the CVT because I was tired to clutch and change gears in congested cities and stop and go traffic. I also like that the CVT is slightly faster than the manual.

Tyler.iguess

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
@Tyler.iguess
I also live in a mountainous area, it's not that bad, the engine braking with the paddle shifters works great. And I picked the CVT because I was tired to clutch and change gears in congested cities and stop and go traffic. I also like that the CVT is slightly faster than the manual.
im not a fan of the paddle shifters personally. and id say my cvt was slower then my si. but i only had my si untuned for like 4 days so i cant compare realistivally. if i had adaptive cruise i may of kept it. but my trans wasnt acting the same as when i got the car. figured if be safe then sorry and trade it. yeah then i got to ssy hello to impulsivly buying a shit ton of parts lol

Tobiman

First Name
Oluwatobi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
I just wish the CVT had more headroom for power and torque. I would like to be around the 350 wtq area on a bigger turbo. I'm sure some smart people can figure out upgrades to reach that mark. The question is how much it'll cost.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I just wish the CVT had more headroom for power and torque. I would like to be around the 350 wtq area on a bigger turbo. I'm sure some smart people can figure out upgrades to reach that mark. The question is how much it'll cost.
The thing is, it's not just the CVT that would be the issue with 350 wtq in a non-Si. You'd need to beef up engine internals and certainly get better brakes at a minimum. And of course swap out the CVT for a manual with an upgraded clutch.

My logic says it makes zero sense. You'd be investing big money and long term reliabilty would still be a crap shoot. Just trade for a more powerful vehicle.

Tobiman

First Name
Oluwatobi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
The thing is, it's not just the CVT that would be the issue with 350 wtq in a non-Si. You'd need to beef up engine internals and certainly get better brakes at a minimum. And of course swap out the CVT for a manual with an upgraded clutch.

My logic says it makes zero sense. You'd be investing big money and long term reliabilty would still be a crap shoot. Just trade for a more powerful vehicle.
Exactly, I think the newer crop of Hyundais will eat Honda's lunch with that awesome 8 spd DCT. I will be testing out an Elantra N soonish.

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Im shocked people would get the cvt over manual. Its so numb qnd dull to me.
I mean i drove the car to vermont. Multiple trips to wv eitj my cvt civic. But i wouldn't consider a cvt as a daily.
I partially got mine because of traffic, but I think the huge thing everyone forgets is how crappy the Original sport model actually was. We are not talking the 2020 sport which had a lot of bang for your buck. prior to, you got the crappy LX speedo, crappy LX radio without carplay, no push button start, no moonroof, no heated seats, no keyless entry, vs an ex was like i wanna say $1000 more at the time and you got all of those things. if you picked a sport back then, you had to really love having a manual over anything else.

As of the 2020 model you got push button start, apple carplay, and a proper speedo. I could have dealt with no moonroof and no heated seats but there was no way in hell i was going to buy a car without carplay.

Tyler.iguess

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I partially got mine because of traffic, but I think the huge thing everyone forgets is how crappy the Original sport model actually was. We are not talking the 2020 sport which had a lot of bang for your buck. prior to, you got the crappy LX speedo, crappy LX radio without carplay, no push button start, no moonroof, no heated seats, no keyless entry, vs an ex was like i wanna say $1000 more at the time and you got all of those things. if you picked a sport back then, you had to really love having a manual over anything else.

As of the 2020 model you got push button start, apple carplay, and a proper speedo. I could have dealt with no moonroof and no heated seats but there was no way in hell i was going to buy a car without carplay.
my 17 si has sport mode. and if you are referring to the automatic "s" it stands for second. its for mountanious driving big inclines and declines. i didnt learn that til aftwer i traded mine for my si and got a owners manual lol
2017+ si has sport mode tho. i dont think the hartchback sports had a sport mode

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
my 17 si has sport mode. and if you are referring to the automatic "s" it stands for second. its for mountanious driving big inclines and declines. i didnt learn that til aftwer i traded mine for my si and got a owners manual lol
2017+ si has sport mode tho. i dont think the hartchback sports had a sport mode
I'm not talking about the mode i'm talking about the actual trim lol. Hatchbacks had LX, Sport, EX, EX-L, and Sport touring offerings. If you wanted a hatchback with a manual most people were looking at a Sport trim. For 2017-2019 the "sport" was a manual LX and thus minus the exhaust and shifter, the rest of the car sucked in terms of features, where as an EX which was very close in price was CVT only but did give you heated seats, a better speedometer, push button start, keyeless entry, apple carplay infotainment and a moonroof.

That's my point a lot of ppl picked a CVT model because if you went with the Sport trim, you weren't getting a lot. in 2020 that changed when they basically upped it to being very close to an EX in terms of features.

Tyler.iguess

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm not talking about the mode i'm talking about the actual trim lol. Hatchbacks had LX, Sport, EX, EX-L, and Sport touring offerings. If you wanted a hatchback with a manual most people were looking at a Sport trim. For 2017-2019 the "sport" was a manual LX and thus minus the exhaust and shifter, the rest of the car sucked in terms of features, where as an EX which was very close in price was CVT only but did give you heated seats, a better speedometer, push button start, keyeless entry, apple carplay infotainment and a moonroof.

That's my point a lot of ppl picked a CVT model because if you went with the Sport trim, you weren't getting a lot. in 2020 that changed when they basically upped it to being very close to an EX in terms of features.
Her 2019 sport touring is not a manual.
And yeha idk about features aside form engine. Trans. Body. Everything else doesnt matter to much to me

the paddle shifters im far from a fan of in her 19.
the auto trans are numb feeling. The paddle shifters offer little satisfaction over just hitting the numb gas pedal for me
And
Sponsored