1 thing you hate about your 10th gen civic?

flacobill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 IS500 his, 2020 RR FK7- hers
Country flag
1) 20” wheels
2) worthless / bug riddled infotainment system.
My 2018 wasn’t perfect but the infotainment in that one was worlds better than my 21. Black screen & automatic reboots once a week....
Sponsored

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
I don't understand why so many people hate idle stop. I've never had an issue with it.
Idle stop makes the car feel so unresponsive to the point where it can feel uncomfortable for drivers expecting an immediate response. It's worse than hill assist.

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
THANK FUCKING GOODNESS the 10th gen does NOT have idle stop. I heard that shit is going to be standard in the 11th gen even in the fucking LX model. It does not even do much better for the fuel economy, especially myself who does mostly in rural roads and freeway.

honda cars in general seem to have thin sheetmetal.
10th gen does indeed have idle stop (here in Ireland, likely the entire EU I reckon). It's become such an automatic thing for me now to get in, turn on brake hold and disable idle stop every time. It has got to be my no.1 annoyance with this car. All it does is add unnecessary wear to the starter and the pretty expensive EFB battery.

Separately, I also think it's annoying that there's only one light in the boot compartment. It's easily covered when packing up and then you can't see nothing. They should have them on both sides, or on the tailgate itself so they don't get blocked by stuff you're packing in.

The wireless charger pad is jussstttt big enough for modern phones and it's hard to pick up my phone with the case on it. It also won't fit into the charger area if I plug in the USB for Android Auto.

Minor annoyance also, but I keep hitting the heated seat button when coming off the gearstick in 5th. It could do with being slightly further away.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
Hard to believe that idle stop can save enough gas to be worth having. I think it's just political correctness.

Nick20

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport Coupe Manual
Country flag
I don't understand why so many people hate idle stop. I've never had an issue with it.
Like cylinder deactivation the idle stop tech on a long term is not very good for engine reliability... my point of view ;)

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Like cylinder deactivation the idle stop tech on a long term is not very good for engine reliability... my point of view ;)
Everybody thinks it hurts long term reliability, but only have their opinions as evidence. My opinion is, most people that hate it, have never used it long term, and the company wouldn't spend the time, money, or resources on something that made the car worse. Idle stop has been around for more than 10 years now, they've got enough data to see if it's worth doing.

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
From the cars that I've looked at with idle stop, they basically use a starter/generator with a belt going to the crankshaft. This supposedly spins the crank a lot faster than a conventional starter. And some stop the crank at an optimal point where the engine will fire up within a revolution or two when spun up.

How does Honda's system work?

hatchboost

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk7 6 speed
Country flag
I could say the paint... buuuut, my drivers seat is exploding on me and I feel this car isn’t built for someone 200-250+ lbs... sadly...

Well, gives me an excuse to upgrade to some nice recaros or something..

(2017 sport hatchback) I hear type r seats are tight but, my big butt might break those too...

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
That it's not RWD.
So that's a really weird answer. I mean most of us found things we hate about the car after purchasing. For example, I didn't know my car would be a rattle trap or that the paint was so incredibly soft.

But you bought a car knowing it was FWD and now hate it because it's not RWD? :drive: :hmm:

Trading it in soon?

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
alcantara steering wheel, auto high beams(already pissed some people off) and 30 series rubber. first time i ever bought a car to have the wheels changed for reasons unrelated to appearance. smdh.

but i love her, she is a special thing.

AngryLettuce

First Name
Badger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type-R
Country flag
I would say 'hate' is a strong word for any car owned as I simply wouldn't own it. The last car I bough I didn't like I sold after driving it twice, didn't hate it though.

I'm more than impressed with the front wheel drive wizardry and I can achieve mild oversteer which pleases me, but if you're a true petrolhead you can't beat rwd powerslides and progressive intentional oversteer coming out of a bend.
I bought the civic for it's handling and I don't regret it at all, but I'm confident I'll return to rwd or awd (rwd bias) on the next toy, back to a V8 too. It's difficult not to be wowed with the civic on many levels, and if Honda released an awd version I'd be one of the first in line as I reckon it would decimate most other perfromance cars.
I would say confidently though that I'm displeased with the interior vibrating when at high revs, it really cheapens the not-so-cheap civic.

No plans to trade/sell in the near future at all, I think this is a keeper to sit with another keeper we have. The Mach 1 Mustang does keep whispering my name gently in my ear though.........................

Last edited:

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
alcantara steering wheel, auto high beams(already pissed some people off) and 30 series rubber. first time i ever bought a car to have the wheels changed for reasons unrelated to appearance. smdh.

but i love her, she is a special thing.
you can disable the auto high beams, i believe you just hold the brights on: you pull the stalk towards you for a short while and it disables it. the manual mentions it briefly here, page 183 of the manual, page 185 in the browser

LesAnanasNeParlentPas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Corolla CE
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
10th gen does indeed have idle stop (here in Ireland, likely the entire EU I reckon). It's become such an automatic thing for me now to get in, turn on brake hold and disable idle stop every time. It has got to be my no.1 annoyance with this car. All it does is add unnecessary wear to the starter and the pretty expensive EFB battery.

Separately, I also think it's annoying that there's only one light in the boot compartment. It's easily covered when packing up and then you can't see nothing. They should have them on both sides, or on the tailgate itself so they don't get blocked by stuff you're packing in.

The wireless charger pad is jussstttt big enough for modern phones and it's hard to pick up my phone with the case on it. It also won't fit into the charger area if I plug in the USB for Android Auto.

Minor annoyance also, but I keep hitting the heated seat button when coming off the gearstick in 5th. It could do with being slightly further away.
Luckily we don't have start stop on the 10th gens in Canada. :)

Nick20

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport Coupe Manual
Country flag
Everybody thinks it hurts long term reliability, but only have their opinions as evidence. My opinion is, most people that hate it, have never used it long term, and the company wouldn't spend the time, money, or resources on something that made the car worse. Idle stop has been around for more than 10 years now, they've got enough data to see if it's worth doing.
A video from Scotty Kilmer the worst moment for an engine is when you start it my humble opinion ;) :
Sponsored