1 thing you hate about your 10th gen civic?

guccy

First Name
Aug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
The muffler not being cool looking. I have an lx model so no cool center muffler for me.
I wanted to get a higher trim, but my car I had died on me. I was driving my dad's Tacoma for a while but it was a 2020 and I didn't wanna add a ton of miles on it. So I just got a civic lx hatchback. I knew I wanted a hatchback but there was only lx hatchbacks around me. I just ended up going for the 2017 model as it was the cheapest. I'm a student assistant and I go to uni still so I don't have much money for a high car note. I'm thinking of getting a muffler later on.

TiltCtrls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I have a rattle around the glove compartment that is irking me, cant figured it out
I had the same issue. I found that in my car there is a plastic clip attached to a metal bar behind the glove compartment that makes a rattle noise. I fixed it by lowering the glove compartment "as if you were going to change the cabin air filter" and locating a brownish looking clip that is on the right side. I used electrical tape and just taped the clip to the metal bar that it is attached too tightly and it fixed the noise.

texaspi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic
Country flag
So I got rid of my 2010 Nissan Altima for an 2020 LX sedan. The Altima was decent enough, I never had the CVT issues others had with those. This is my third Civic and there are some things I miss from the Altima.

• Basic radio sucks. May upgrade it.
  • No push button start. Took me a while to get used to not having it.
  • Haven't really used A/C yet, but I'm concerned some report it is weak. My 2012 Civic also had weak A/C. My Altima had ice cold A/C. Never had to recharge or do anything to it in the almost 11 years I owned it.
  • Body panel gaps and interior trim panel quality.
  • Center console sucks.
  • E-brake - don't like it.
  • No speed sensitive steering like on my Altima.
  • Paint quality, though I have that same issue wuth my '18 Pilot too. My 2012 had clearcoat redone under warranty due to peeling.
  • Seat support is lacking
  • Only one 12v port. My Altima had two. One that was switched and one that was always hot.
  • No real intermittent windshield speed settings on LX.
  • I'm sure there is more I can't think of.

Btw, what happened to the little cubby storage on the left under dash all Honda used to have? I miss that.

Ultimately, I only plan to drive this car for a year or two and give it to my son when he turns 18. Probably get a new Pilot for the wife and I'll drive the current Pilot we have now.

texaspi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic
Country flag
I had the same issue. I found that in my car there is a plastic clip attached to a metal bar behind the glove compartment that makes a rattle noise. I fixed it by lowering the glove compartment "as if you were going to change the cabin air filter" and locating a brownish looking clip that is on the right side. I used electrical tape and just taped the clip to the metal bar that it is attached too tightly and it fixed the noise.
Yup, mine has that too. The metal clip is not tight enough so there is some play there. I just zip tied it.

ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan / 04’ CRV EX 5MT
Country flag
The E-parking brake, and all the annoying accessory rattle. I'm more less a perfectionist and want things in place so the rattle is slightly annoying

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
So I got rid of my 2010 Nissan Altima for an 2020 LX sedan. The Altima was decent enough, I never had the CVT issues others had with those. This is my third Civic and there are some things I miss from the Altima.

• Basic radio sucks. May upgrade it.
  • No push button start. Took me a while to get used to not having it.
  • Haven't really used A/C yet, but I'm concerned some report it is weak. My 2012 Civic also had weak A/C. My Altima had ice cold A/C. Never had to recharge or do anything to it in the almost 11 years I owned it.
  • Body panel gaps and interior trim panel quality.
  • Center console sucks.
  • E-brake - don't like it.
  • No speed sensitive steering like on my Altima.
  • Paint quality, though I have that same issue wuth my '18 Pilot too. My 2012 had clearcoat redone under warranty due to peeling.
  • Seat support is lacking
  • Only one 12v port. My Altima had two. One that was switched and one that was always hot.
  • No real intermittent windshield speed settings on LX.
  • I'm sure there is more I can't think of.

Btw, what happened to the little cubby storage on the left under dash all Honda used to have? I miss that.

Ultimately, I only plan to drive this car for a year or two and give it to my son when he turns 18. Probably get a new Pilot for the wife and I'll drive the current Pilot we have now.
Your problem is you bought an lx.

texaspi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic
Country flag
Your problem is you bought an lx.
perhaps, but it was marked down because it was a 2020 model and Honda had a financing incentive. So I’m happy with the car overall, just nitpicking. And it’ll end up being my son’s eventually and he doesn’t need anything fancy for his first car.

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag

McDavid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX
Country flag
Appreciate the info. Will try that ?