1 thing you hate about your 10th gen civic?

scottgas

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe, 2007 Nissan Xterra SE, 2008 Hyundai Tiburon SE, 1996 Nissan 300ZX N/A
Country flag
I had the same problem, probably replaced at least 5 Fog lights until my mechanic told me about LaminX in 2004, had it on the fogs on my 06, 10, 13, 16 & 2019 Civics, haven't lost a fog light since. Just finished putting it on my new CRV, I prefer the yellow tint, both for appearance and the yellow light seems to penetrate fog better. Clear or tinted, it's like a $15 insurance policy for your fogs.
do they have clear for the fogs. Mybissue with yellow is I've been stopped twice, years ago, for having yellow fog lights on in NON inclimate weather. Cop said if it wasn't raining or foggy I can't have yellow lights on. No ticket but cop was kinda douchey about it. I want to upgrade to LED head light bulbs so I may upgrade to 2020 factory LED fogs
Sponsored

scottgas

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe, 2007 Nissan Xterra SE, 2008 Hyundai Tiburon SE, 1996 Nissan 300ZX N/A
Country flag
WELL, now the passenger side flog lense is broken. What the hell is Honda using for fog light lenses for them to break so easily? Car only has 8000 miles on it.

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
do they have clear for the fogs. Mybissue with yellow is I've been stopped twice, years ago, for having yellow fog lights on in NON inclimate weather. Cop said if it wasn't raining or foggy I can't have yellow lights on. No ticket but cop was kinda douchey about it. I want to upgrade to LED head light bulbs so I may upgrade to 2020 factory LED fogs
Fortunately the yellow fogs don't seem to be an issue here in Central Pennsylvania, and yes, they make several tints as well as clear. BTY, the LED fogs are entirely worth it.

Robot3RK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Honda using soy based wires, insulation tubes, plastics to attract and give free meals to rodents. Say goodbye to your wires and hello to an expensive repair bill that is not covered by warranty.

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
Country flag
Honda using soy based wires, insulation tubes, plastics to attract and give free meals to rodents. Say goodbye to your wires and hello to an expensive repair bill that is not covered by warranty.
<> Is anyone else having the wire issues with the 2020 / 2021 models? <>

LesAnanasNeParlentPas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Corolla CE
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1/3 of the time, no rattles, 1/3 a bit of rattles but no biggie, 1/3 noticeable rattles even on a very smooth road and I want to pull my fucking hair out. I even have a rattle from the front grille when I close the front doors. My honda dealer had tried to fix this, but twice so far a week no rattles, but then a week after that fucking same rattle comes back. May let them do it one more time, but if it comes back, I have no choice but leave it alone.

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
When it rains, you can’t see shit with the back up cam.
Is there any car with a backup camera where this isn’t an issue? If there are what do they do to eliminate the problem? I was thinking a mod to blow compressed air onto the lens when backing up could solve the problem but don’t know how feasible that would be.

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Revisiting this thread. As much as I hate the crap paint on my car and the unsightly large panel gaps, my car is a f***ing rattle trap. It's all up in the headliner area. I've tried sound insulation, foam, velcro, graphite spray, you name it. It never goes away. In the cold weather it's constant, good or bad roads, doesn't matter. I HAVE TO play music just to not want to scream.

I know the '18's and up have additional sound deadening. Maybe they are better but these rattles make my car seem really poorly built. DRIVES ME CRAZY.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Revisiting this thread. As much as I hate the crap paint on my car and the unsightly large panel gaps, my car is a f***ing rattle trap. It's all up in the headliner area. I've tried sound insulation, foam, velcro, graphite spray, you name it. It never goes away. In the cold weather it's constant, good or bad roads, doesn't matter. I HAVE TO play music just to not want to scream.

I know the '18's and up have additional sound deadening. Maybe they are better but these rattles make my car seem really poorly built. DRIVES ME CRAZY.
My 20' has constant rattles/buzzing in the doors

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My 20' has constant rattles/buzzing in the doors
And then we have people saying their car is solid as a rock and rattle free. Honda must have extremely poor quality control these days. I owned only Hondas for 20 years and then tried Hyundai and Kia before coming back to Honda for this Civic X. I had no problems with the Hyundai or Kia and might be going back to the Korean cars after this.

Had my eye on the K5 turbo...

Honda Civic 10th gen 1 thing you hate about your 10th gen civic? Untitled 1

Last edited:

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
And then we have people saying their car is solid as a rock and rattle free. Honda must have extremely poor quality control these days. I owned only Hondas for 20 years and then tried Hyundai and Kia before coming back to Honda for this Civic X. I had no problems with the Hyundai or Kia and might be going back to the Korean cars after this.
The only problem I have with my 14' CRZ is the seats are super squeaky. There was a door handle screw cover that rattled, but it was easy to find and fix. Definitely feels like a drop in quality on my objectively nicer car.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The only problem I have with my 14' CRZ is the seats are super squeaky. There was a door handle screw cover that rattled, but it was easy to find and fix. Definitely feels like a drop in quality on my objectively nicer car.
I wish Honda would come out with a new version of the CRZ with some real power. I'd buy one.
Sponsored