1 thing you hate about your 10th gen civic?

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The headlights on the LX don't seem to brighten that far ahead of you and makes driving on dark roads a bit scary since you can only see like 10 feet ahead of you. There's been a few times where I'd be going 50mph and I wouldn't see random debris on the road in time to react at night. I understand they have the low beams positioned very low so it doesn't interfere with other people's vision but it's pretty annoying to have to rely switching between your high and low beams on dark roads with a lot of oncoming traffic.
replace the halogens with some decent LED bulbs and you'll be much happier with the illumination at night.
Sponsored

civicdriver_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic LX Sedan NA 2.0 L CVT
Country flag
replace the halogens with some decent LED bulbs and you'll be much happier with the illumination at night.
Thanks for the advice, I looked into a few videos on how to do it and if there would be any potential problems going from halogen to LED. I definitely plan on making the switch in the near future. :thumbsup:

Yoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX MT
Country flag
The Electronic Parking Brake system. Appears to be very sensitive for fault codes. Still trying to get rid of C1110 after a brake job. If it ends up going to the dealer for the $2000 fix, I'm getting rid of the car.

LesAnanasNeParlentPas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Corolla CE
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Electronic Parking Brake system. Appears to be very sensitive for fault codes. Still trying to get rid of C1110 after a brake job. If it ends up going to the dealer for the $2000 fix, I'm getting rid of the car.
Yoda? You upgraded from a 2001 Honda Civic? How's your 10th gen Civic?

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
No blind spot detection, inability to turn off the rain sensing wipers and operate as normal intermittent

Yeah, I know that's two......

Gotta go for three, the oil dipstick was obviously designed by someone who probably never actually used one. I won't mention the idiocy of an air filter box that takes either an 8mm? Socket or a JIS-spec screwdriver to change the filter when Honda Obviously knows how to do it with spring clips, seriously?
Solved the non-defeatable rain-sensing wipers and lack of blind-spot detection, traded for a 2020 CRV EX-L. Still has the same idiot designed dipstick, and I still have my JIS screwdriver and an 8mm nutdriver. I do miss the LED headlights though. Seriously, Honda should make them standard across all models. I miss my Civic Coupes, but the CRV is a seriously quiet and comfortable car, and I can still get mpgs into the lower 40's on trips.

aerodynamics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2020 Hatchback Sport Manual
Country flag
The armrest is too short. They should’ve made it cover the entire space (or someone else should make one *wink*). Yes, you would lose the cup holders but whenever I shift my elbow is in a big gaping hole.

scottgas

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe, 2007 Nissan Xterra SE, 2008 Hyundai Tiburon SE, 1996 Nissan 300ZX N/A
Country flag
fog lights breaking
I've only had mine a couple months but do mostly highway driving. So far the driver side fog light lens has broken. Never seen a factory fog lights that breaks so easily. I have read the driver side one seems to break all the time.

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
fog lights breaking
I've only had mine a couple months but do mostly highway driving. So far the driver side fog light lens has broken. Never seen a factory fog lights that breaks so easily. I have read the driver side one seems to break all the time.
I had the same problem, probably replaced at least 5 Fog lights until my mechanic told me about LaminX in 2004, had it on the fogs on my 06, 10, 13, 16 & 2019 Civics, haven't lost a fog light since. Just finished putting it on my new CRV, I prefer the yellow tint, both for appearance and the yellow light seems to penetrate fog better. Clear or tinted, it's like a $15 insurance policy for your fogs.

Last edited:

jXian

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
The armrest is too short. They should’ve made it cover the entire space (or someone else should make one *wink*). Yes, you would lose the cup holders but whenever I shift my elbow is in a big gaping hole.
Does yours not slide forward? Mine does and it makes it perfect, although I do have real long arms.

To add to this thread, I really hate that I don't have a fan control button or a volume knob. That's it.

kaputt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Accord 5MT; 2020 Civic Sport Coupe 6MT
Country flag
A backup camera you cannot turn off, seatbelt buckle slaps the b pillar, and somewhat small tank
The passenger seat belt buckle clanging against the pillar is so annoying.

aerodynamics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2020 Hatchback Sport Manual
Country flag
Does yours not slide forward? Mine does and it makes it perfect, although I do have real long arms
I have it at the most forward position, although I do like my seat back pretty much upright which puts me closer to the steering wheel.

redcoats1976

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe,2015 camaro RS
Country flag
all the young guys driving POS fastn furious cars that rev at stoplights.even happened when testing the car with the salesman in it.im 63 years old,did all my street racing back when the air was dirty and sex was clean.
Sponsored