1 thing you hate about your 10th gen civic?

quakaroaks

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic HB Sp, 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Too much exterior plastic, indeed.

Questionable ergonomics with the center console cupholders - I don't utilize the upper 2 sliding cupholders on the center console, imo interferes with shifting. Pretty much rendered useless. I only use the deep cupholder.
Sponsored

LMFK7

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My wifes biggest complaint about the car is the USB port. Not charging her android at all!

Mine is the stupid ECON button. Not the functionality of it but the location of where its placed at. So annoying.

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
How weak the sheet metal of the car is, on the rear top pillar theres is dents on top of the rear doors and it's was made by just leaning on it smh. Also the interior on the si is so wack gets dirty and scratched so easy

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
No blind spot detection, inability to turn off the rain sensing wipers and operate as normal intermittent

Yeah, I know that's two......

Gotta go for three, the oil dipstick was obviously designed by someone who probably never actually used one. I won't mention the idiocy of an air filter box that takes either an 8mm? Socket or a JIS-spec screwdriver to change the filter when Honda Obviously knows how to do it with spring clips, seriously?

Last edited:

lexro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2006, Civic Sedan Sport 2019, Type R 2021
Country flag
How weak the sheet metal of the car is, on the rear top pillar theres is dents on top of the rear doors and it's was made by just leaning on it smh. Also the interior on the si is so wack gets dirty and scratched so easy
THIS. i was shocked by how thin the metal sheet has became up to this generation of civic..

DoubleDown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Those giant wheels and rubber band tires. Had to immediately replace tires with thicker side wall (35-profile). Currently shopping for a smaller set of wheels.

IMG_0496-2.jpg
Looks good without the wing. Are you planning on 18's? Dustin Williams put some 18' ZE40's on his CTR, and they looked tiny.

Swank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe Black
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Si Sport button is pathetically underwhelming without an aftermarket tune.

thill123919

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Definitely agree with the paint. I have clear bra on the entire hood, both fenders, both side mirrors, headlights, door jams, behind the door handles, and the rear bumper applique on my 2019 Touring Sedan. I am a little OCD about washing it and have never even put a brush to it. Always washed by hand with the best products (s/o to Ammo NYC) and STILL get paint chips. Not even where rocks would hit either, in the most random spots. Like on the rear passenger doors, both sides, tiny little chips. It drives me insane. I only have 4500 miles on it and my work commute is 5 miles round trip. Always garaged since I bought it. Makes no sense at all.

The wipers do bother me as well. I feel like the rain sensing feature totally sucks, they tend to go super fast when it's a light rain then way too slow when it rains heavy. I end up clicking them on and off manually.

I also hate that EU / Australian / etc. models have power folding side mirrors! That's BS we don't get those here in the U.S., I've always wished for that since the second I got my last 2016 Touring Coupe.

The other thing that bothers me is the infotainment system - when it's all you've experienced, it's not that bad. But I recently rented a 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T to take on a road trip and the infotainment system in there is sooooo much better. Bigger screen, more responsive, more modern looking, etc. I wish they could put something a little better in the Civic - dumb that the Accord Sport (which is basically the same price, sometimes cheaper than a CT) has a better one.

Also wish it had power lumbar adjustment - my first car, 2009 Accord EX-L had power lumbar so I found it odd that these don't. Also wish it had memory seat positions.

I could go on... Lol. Overall great car though. I think it says something when I'm often disappointed getting into a friend's Lexus / Audi / BMW etc. The infotainment systems in those suck (sometimes even more) and you get nickel and dimed for every single option. My car is definitely a great value for the money.

Minnyay

Smol Weeb
First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX 4D
Country flag
A few things..

- Non-canted side view mirror on the driver side(blind-spot detection would be neato)
- The paint has the durability of an overripe banana
- ECON button placement(would like if it could be enabled/disabled with a long press instead)
- The fact that I couldn't get a sportier version with Android Auto that wasn't an Si
- The fact that it isn't an Si T_T