FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
Helps prevent warping which is actually the uneven deposition of friction material onto the rotor.

The slots work by "cleaning" the brake pad as it clamps down on the rotor
Or as three professionals who make racing pads put it to me (when asked same question), and i paraphrase “each time that slot hits the pads they hear $$.” Unless it’s obvious, i asked them what rotors would they recommend w pads they just recommended, answer is cheapest blanks and change often. Especially if racing or driving hard. That advice served me well and saved me alot of $.

That coupled w the fact that you can buy “cheapo”, and in fact i did 30$ front and 20$ rear rotors a piece and change them when and if they “warp.” I coupled them to brembo big brake kit too.

Buy cheapest blanks and spend $$ on quality purpose specific pads. And i bed mine every time. Never had a “warped” rotor but i change my rotors whenever i change my pads.. at 30/20$/piece why not.

Just my thoughts. You’re crazy for spending this kind of money for slots in your blanks. More of my thoughts.

As @DarkRs said 128 is prefix for drilled and 40098 is the centric front rotor part number. 40101 is rear rotor, different front xxx prefix are for diff types. Rockauto has blanks for 60$. Rears for as low as 16$ if its single non vented disc.
Sponsored

Last edited:

doctorbee

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
So a set of front blanks is about half the cost. Im a lazi boi and if these rotors prevent warping then Ill keep them on. Going to Chuckwalla next week and will update you all.

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
@doctorbee just make sure you bed the pads to the rotors. Recently all the pads i have bought came w bedding instructions, follow them and have fun and report back.

What pads are you running by the way?

doctorbee

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
For sure. Currently running Spoon's pads for the FK8 but they are wearing down. I had a good experience with dba pads in the 2017 STI (which surprisingly fit the FK8). The prices are a lot more reasonable.

Last edited:

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Check out these overnight parts from the UK.

DB3C7A10-BDFB-4C63-9856-CB8626834DC6.jpeg

FD89D85D-963F-457E-BA4F-3EA687107113.jpeg

A9ADEC7B-B4BE-4319-AD18-C1312FAB444E.jpeg
$168 shipped from UK for the pair is fantastic. Will you be installing these soon and give us some feedback if not too much trouble?

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
Interesting that they use same pads. I was gonna say dba has slotted rotors too for about same price but then i realized its for wrx/sti. Lol

Dont forget to upgrade brake fluid too? I like to do upgrades all at once when getting in there so id personally do the stainless steel lines too.

doctorbee

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
$168 shipped from UK for the pair is fantastic. Will you be installing these soon and give us some feedback if not too much trouble?
It was actually $210 after shipping. They included these instructions with the order and i was able to remove the deposits causing my stock rotors to warp using them. Did a series of 70-20mph stops and kept my foot off the brake afterwards until everything cooled down.

The current spoon pads will probably last 2 more track events and I’ll replace the rotors at the same time.

Honda Civic 10th gen 1 piece slotted front rotors? 0489F45E-F315-498F-AF7C-BE3B122B15E1

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
So you re-bedded your old rotor/pad setup?

No changes in the rear?

doctorbee

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Yeah the rebed fixed the warping issue.

Rear rotors are stock but has Spoon pads.

NTAWRX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 civic si and 2017 CTR #1077
Country flag
Yeah the rebed fixed the warping issue.

Rear rotors are stock but has Spoon pads.
Not to bring back an old thread, but how did these rotors wear? I have to install new rotors and pads soon. These look very reasonable.

doctorbee

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Not to bring back an old thread, but how did these rotors wear? I have to install new rotors and pads soon. These look very reasonable.
Slotted rotors From MTEC are wearing well. No Cracks vs stock rotors even after several track days. Pad wear is higher because of the slots.