Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Hey guys, I wanted to start putting a gallon of e85 in the tank to control my parameters. But I live in Oregon, does anyone know where I can either buy online or possible in Oregon? From what I know Oregon doesn't sell it at all because it's a "greener" state. Thanks for taking the time to read and give any info, thanks.
Sponsored

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Where in Oregon? I get my gallon of E85 per tank at Sequential Biofuels, which has 3 stations in my area.

OP
OP
Christianjwong

Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Where in Oregon? I get my gallon of E85 per tank at Sequential Biofuels, which has 3 stations in my area.
Portland metro area, more specific Canby/Happy Valley?

Deleted member 51112

You can look up either Ignite or VP Racing. They sell 5 gallon cans of E85 (guaranteed 105 octane). You'll pay shipping too. Price is crazy compared to pump, which in my area is approx. 2.40 a gallon right now, but you can get it that way if you're willing to pay.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
I don't see an obvious E85 station around there but you could try Canby VP Racing Fuels, they probably carry E85 or E100 either by the container or with a fuel pump.

OP
OP
Christianjwong

Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You can look up either Ignite or VP Racing. They sell 5 gallon cans of E85 (guaranteed 105 octane). You'll pay shipping too. Price is crazy compared to pump, which in my area is approx. 2.40 a gallon right now, but you can get it that way if you're willing to pay.
What if I have a VP racing in my city do they sell it inside
I don't see an obvious E85 station around there but you could try Canby VP Racing Fuels, they probably carry E85 or E100 either by the container or with a fuel pump.
Thanks bro I just thought about it since they didn't sell it at the pumps I didn't think they would have inside but I'll check today

OP
OP
Christianjwong

Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Stopped in @ the VP racing in Canby, OR and they have X85 which is more precise and less harsh on our motors

Honda Civic 10th gen 1 gallon of e85 20210723_153336

OP
OP
Christianjwong

Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No, the factory ecu runs in full time closed loop. It’ll compensate automatically. Just don’t put more than 3 gallons because you’ll run out of fuel.
Thank you for the comment and info. Should I do anything with the tune or car before putting it in

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Thank you for the comment and info. Should I do anything with the tune or car before putting it in
Not necessary. The e85 will just reduce knock if you’re knocking with premium fuel.

factor tune knocks even with 91.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Yeow that's some expensive fuel. I think I pay ~$3/gallon at sequential for E85

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Christian, I was researching this for you and I found a place that should work. That wasn't easy to track down.

Jay's Garage in Portland has pump E85. https://www.jaysgarage.com/

Honda Civic 10th gen 1 gallon of e85 Capture.JPG

Deleted member 51112

Don't put more than a gallon per tank and you'll be fine with your tuning. You'll notice your fuel trims will be a bit off, but not dangerous. 1 gallon mixed with 11 gallons of 93 octane gas will only bump your raw octane number about 1 point. It would actually be less expensive to run 1/2 a bottle of MMP style Octane booster. I used Lucas Oil in mine when I tuned my car and still had a little over a 1/2 a tank of 89 octane gas in, 1/2 a bottle of booster and a fill up with 93 brought my total octane number pretty close to 93 required. Food for thought...

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Don't put more than a gallon per tank and you'll be fine with your tuning. You'll notice your fuel trims will be a bit off, but not dangerous. 1 gallon mixed with 11 gallons of 93 octane gas will only bump your raw octane number about 1 point. It would actually be less expensive to run 1/2 a bottle of MMP style Octane booster. I used Lucas Oil in mine when I tuned my car and still had a little over a 1/2 a tank of 89 octane gas in, 1/2 a bottle of booster and a fill up with 93 brought my total octane number pretty close to 93 required. Food for thought...
your octane booster doesn’t give you an extra 20-25 miles of range if we’re actually talking about cost.

Deleted member 51112

your octane booster doesn’t give you an extra 20-25 miles of range if we’re actually talking about cost.
nope. nothing in what I said was about cost on my end (but mentioned it compared to the cost of OP's price of buying specialty E85 since he has no pump in his area at a reasonable cost). you might wanna re-read what I wrote. E85 at the pump in my area is currently $2.40, mostly because we have a large refinery plant in Marion, OH which is 35 miles north of here. BTW, E85 blending does lower fuel economy a bit. It did in both my E30 tuned Ford's (Focus ST, Fiesta ST) and really did in my E85 tuned Mustang GT. the reason I used a bottle of Lucas Oil octane booster in mine is its a 45 mile round trip to go buy E85 where I moved to and live now, and my time and avoiding Columbus, OH traffic meant more to me than saving a couple bucks. I have no need to blend E85 in my little Honda...it doesn't need it, the 93 octane locally is easily up to the task to feed the tuning I have on my Civic.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator: