1" drop springs

k3v11n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96 LX Sedan, '17 LX 1.5T
Anybody make 1" drop Springs for the hatchback yet? I have always been a fan of H&R Sports with Koni or Bilstein struts. I'm old. I no longer want to be slammed. Just want a little less wheel gap and improved handling.
Sponsored

jeffbatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan, 2000 S2000
I'm in the same boat as you, looking to lower .5 - 1.0".

I ordered a semi-custom Meister R GT1 build last week, we will see how it goes. I also need all the ground clearance I can get during the winter..

OP
OP

k3v11n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96 LX Sedan, '17 LX 1.5T
Eibach's Pro-kit springs will give you a subtle drop.

I went with the Eibach Sportline which gives a more noticeable drop.
Screen Shot 2017-03-05 at 8.14.11 AM.png
That looks good! What struts are you running them with?

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
I dont know what kind of stock replacements are out if any but I ran Bilstien HDs up front in an accord that was SLAMMED and they seemed to handle it fine for the time I had the car.

with your sportlines/stock combo, do you feel more in control or is it still at all floaty because you still have stock dampening?

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I dont know what kind of stock replacements are out if any but I ran Bilstien HDs up front in an accord that was SLAMMED and they seemed to handle it fine for the time I had the car.

with your sportlines/stock combo, do you feel more in control or is it still at all floaty because you still have stock dampening?
Well first, this car is daily driven. I have not tested the limits of the suspension. I will say it does not feel floaty and actually feels very responsive!

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
Well first, this car is daily driven. I have not tested the limits of the suspension. I will say it does not feel floaty and actually feels very responsive!
cool, thanks. I usually think my car is pretty planted stock but did some "spirited" driving the other day on on some real quick L/R/Ls I just didn't feel very stable, like the car was still rolling left from a right turn as I turned left, which exaggerated the roll the the right, and so on to the point where when I straightened out the body seemed to roll past center and felt like it wanted to take me that way a little... I probably did a terrible job but that's the best way I can describe it. the road could have been responsible for some of that feeling of being pulled around as well though.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've dropped two in the past and not that I've ever claimed or had problems with the suspension but for anything else warranty wasn't an issue.

Then again it varies on the dealership worst case is you may need to try a different one.

I've hea d stories dealers not approving warranty work for something that's unrelated.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hows the rebound on them? I have Eibachs on my WRX and I really like them. The rebound is much stronger than OEM springs tho. Fantastic for traction, horrible for bumpy roads lol

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hows the rebound on them? I have Eibachs on my WRX and I really like them. The rebound is much stronger than OEM springs tho. Fantastic for traction, horrible for bumpy roads lol
My buddy has a 2016 STi and he likes how my car rides now. I'd say yes for sure the car feels stiffer. I haven't been on any real bumpy roads to test rebound yet.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am also waiting for H&R to make a Sport spring for the hatch as I have had them on all my civics and they have always ridden better than stock while still being lowered. Hope they come out soon.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just talked to someone at H&R and they said springs for the 2016+ civic are in the works but they have no definitive date of release so I'll be waiting for those.