1.5T stock cat/3inch front pipe

Jaythizzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic lx hatchback
Country flag
Has anyone ran Aftermarket front pipe with stock cat? What are the gains and mpg you are getting?
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Has anyone ran Aftermarket front pipe with stock cat? What are the gains and mpg you are getting?
Aftermarket front pipe to aftermarket exhaust? Or aftermarket front pipe to stock exhaust

OP
OP

Jaythizzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic lx hatchback
Country flag
Aftermarket front pipe to aftermarket exhaust? Or aftermarket front pipe to stock exhaust
No I'm talking about just a stock cat and Aftermarket front pipe that is after the cat.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No I'm talking about just a stock cat and Aftermarket front pipe that is after the cat.
There’s 3 components/sections to our exhaust.
- downpipe (has the cats) mounted to the turbo
- front pipe a small 2-3ft pipe that connects the downpipe and the rest of the exhaust system
- rest of the exhaust system, the resonator and mufflers and exhaust tips/ends

..changing the front pipe will do little gain as the downpipe with the cats is most of the bottleneck of the exhaust. Going from that to a 3” wide front pipe back to a 2”piping out to the exhaust end won’t do much. You want performance you need a catless dp or a high-flow catted dp. A Catback will also offer little to no performance gains minus the better sounding exhaust note

OP
OP

Jaythizzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic lx hatchback
Country flag
There’s 3 components/sections to our exhaust.
- downpipe (has the cats) mounted to the turbo
- front pipe a small 2-3ft pipe that connects the downpipe and the rest of the exhaust system
- rest of the exhaust system, the resonator and mufflers and exhaust tips/ends

..changing the front pipe will do little gain as the downpipe with the cats is most of the bottleneck of the exhaust. Going from that to a 3” wide front pipe back to a 2”piping out to the exhaust end won’t do much. You want performance you need a catless dp or a high-flow catted dp. A Catback will also offer little to no performance gains minus the better sounding exhaust note
Ahhh got cha. Yeah I live in California where there is smog regulations so just want to know if anyone has done this. Curious about just gains alone from a front pipe upgrade. Thanks for the clarification.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ahhh got cha. Yeah I live in California where there is smog regulations so just want to know if anyone has done this. Curious about just gains alone from a front pipe upgrade. Thanks for the clarification.
It’s a new car won’t see smog regulations for a while lol. That being said all I have is a GReddy Catback tho only because I’m not a fan of a catless dp note ( personal taste) and don’t want the hassle of breaking a turbo stud and having to drill/re-thread. No thank you lol

OP
OP

Jaythizzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic lx hatchback
Country flag
It’s a new car won’t see smog regulations for a while lol. That being said all I have is a GReddy Catback tho only because I’m not a fan of a catless dp note ( personal taste) and don’t want the hassle of breaking a turbo stud and having to drill/re-thread. No thank you lol
Yeah I know its awhile til I'll have to smog but just trying to get some power without having to do a downpipe. Not a fan of smelling fuel lol

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You want power get a ktuner or hondata. Those are those most bang for the buck hp adders. If you want a ktuner buy it from two step performance to get their free TSP Stage 1 tune which is the best tune to get. Requires no bolt ons only premium fuel. Hondata you have to get their TSP tune seperate
Sponsored