1.5T oil cooler options - what are you running?

st4xor

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I will have to data collect now that I have my gauges hooked up. Just need to find some time. The interesting piece is just how crazy long it takes the oil to get to operating temperature. About 15m of driving after cold start. Whereas the engine temp on our cluster shows operating temp relatively quickly.
437D86DA-54F3-4D9B-96A7-64652954A036.jpeg
So I've got all my parts together (including CJM gauge pod) and I'm starting my oil temp and pressure sensor installs.

But question for @ManitobaSI or others with sensor know-how, if I want to tap in to the headlight circuit (engine compartment fusebox) for gauge dimming, what's the best way to route a single wire out of the fusebox enclosure? I was eyeballing it the other day, and it seems like the best option might be drill a small hole, route wire through, then backfill hole with some sort of silicone sealant.

Any advice or tricks?

OP
OP
ManitobaSI

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I've got all my parts together (including CJM gauge pod) and I'm starting my oil temp and pressure sensor installs.

But question for @ManitobaSI or others with sensor know-how, if I want to tap in to the headlight circuit (engine compartment fusebox) for gauge dimming, what's the best way to route a single wire out of the fusebox enclosure? I was eyeballing it the other day, and it seems like the best option might be drill a small hole, route wire through, then backfill hole with some sort of silicone sealant.

Any advice or tricks?
Good question. I have yet to tap into the engine bay fuse box. I have been only tapping into under the dash. But what you are suggesting makes sense.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Any advice or tricks?
I tapped into the (IIRC) grey wire on the VSA switch to the lower left of the steering wheel to illuminate another switch with OEM dimming. Would negate the need for passing a wire to the engine bay JUST for dimming.

That said, I passed a high-gauge wire for my sub amp through the factory wire loom grommet at the firewall, right under the brake master cylinder. Maybe that will help? I figured keeping it OEM was best.
Sponsored