Crough

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Ah. So they created the tune and flashed it for you with their device. Got it.

Yes, for a remote tune you need to own your own device. The tuner has you run datalogs that you send them. They send you back revisions until the tune is set up perfectly for your bolt ons/needs/driving style.
When explained that way, it seems a much more elegant process than a one time flash. Perhaps I will need to invest in the Hondata device myself and go that route in the future.

Thank you again.
Sponsored

Osobigg

Grand Sky Marshal of the North
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport Hatchback 6MT Polished Metal
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have been contemplating adding a Hatch to the fleet, and if it's an MT then we're definitely adding the M Factory LSD:

http://www.teammfactory.com/catalog/partno/MF-TRS-05FC

Great to see a fellow Canadian, focusing on suspension components too! If you don't want to add a LSD just yet, considering adding the Anti Lift Kit by Whiteline, it will get rid of the compliance of the thin stamped steel mount and rubber bushings at the rear of the front lower control arm, adding billet mounts + poly bushings. It's been our favorite front suspension mod on our Si, and CTR :)

https://unity-performance.com/products/whiteline-anti-lift-kit
would love to know some differences between the Stock Si LSD and the M Factory

full whiteline anti-roll bars are likely my next upgrade, might even go full springs too, but I get too much snow scrape along the undertray as is.

04sthemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI, 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag
In my area the sport hatch in a 6spd is few an far between, an was about $1700-$2000 cheaper than the si. What won me over was the seats lol, the extra features just helped justify it ?

Jay.fk7

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic sport hatchback
Country flag
I'm curious if anyone has or knows someone on the forums that has upgraded the internals of their non-si 1.5t and how much it cost? It might be worth upgrading the hatchback internals so I can keep the hatchback look and have the peace of mind. I have no clue how much that would cost, not even a ballpark estimate, so if someone could chime in on that, that would be great.
You’re better off getting the same engine swap from an SI With a rebuild block. The fuel system is better than the fk7 and the ECU is more aggressive, and I’ve also read the turbo is also better. Overall, it’s the same engine but better overall. It could run you 4-6 grand.

OP
OP

OilChange123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX CVT
Country flag
So I read this thread many times over and really gave it some thought. As much as I love the look of the hatchback, given the power goals, I've decided that the Si is the better option for both longevity AND peace of mind. I know I'd be paranoid to no end with the non-si engine. Still I'm looking at other non-Honda's too, but the Si is a great bagain for everything you get.

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SGP Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Keep the torque curve in check and it will last. Even the Si will blow up with an aggressive torque ramp. Also as far as North America goes, all civic 1.5t with the exception of the hatchback 1.5t have the same 5PA rods as the Si

OP
OP

OilChange123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX CVT
Country flag
Keep the torque curve in check and it will last. Even the Si will blow up with an aggressive torque ramp. Also as far as North America goes, all civic 1.5t with the exception of the hatchback 1.5t have the same 5PA rods as the Si
I think you're wrong on the rods. Derek Robinson posted here somewhere that the Si rods are stronger.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
That's not true. The Si uses 13210-5PA-A00 and the lower trims e.g. EX use 13210-59B-J00 which is the same as the hatch.

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think you're wrong on the rods. Derek Robinson posted here somewhere that the Si rods are stronger.
That's not 100%. Honda has since updated the part numbers since 2019 models. Look up any coupe or sedan 1.5t non Si and it will show 5PA. they have been using the same rods even before Honda updated the part numbers. If you want you can ask Eman from NAPerformance who has tear down these engines more than anyone else.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
That's not 100%. Honda has since updated the part numbers since 2019 models. Look up any coupe or sedan 1.5t non Si and it will show 5PA. they have been using the same rods even before Honda updated the part numbers. If you want you can ask Eman from NAPerformance who has tear down these engines more than anyone else.
Well that's interesting. First I've ever heard of that.

OP
OP

OilChange123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX CVT
Country flag
Huh, never read that anywhere. Is that only for the 19+ models?

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm aware of that thread. Here's an example, I searched for rods under a 2019 Civic Ex-T. There was also someone on the FB page that worked in the assembly claiming they put the same rods on the Si and the other non Si civic 1.5t coupes and sedans.
1615845701422.png
But the intake cams and fuel systems are still different between the Si and non-Si right? So now we have at least 3 variations on the L15B? ?

Hatch: 59B rods / base cams
Non-Si: 5PA rods / base cams
Si: 5PA rods / upgrade cams

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
But the intake cams and fuel systems are still different between the Si and non-Si right? So now we have at least 3 variations on the L15B? ?

Hatch: 59B rods / base cams
Non-Si: 5PA rods / base cams
Si: 5PA rods / upgrade cams
I may be wrong on this one cause I haven't really searched about the cams.

Hatch: 59B rods / Same intake cam as the non Si coupe and sedan, different exhaust cam
Non-Si: 5PA rods / Same intake cam as the hatch 1.5t but different exhaust cam.
Si: 5PA rods / Different intake cam from both the non Si sedan, coupe, and hatch 1.5t but has the same exhaust cam as the non Si coupe and sedan 1.5t.

Non Si coupe, sedan and hatch 1.5t shar the same 10.6:1 piston
Si uses a 10.3:1 piston
Sponsored