1.5t leaking oil

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Appreciate the information I’ll keep that in mind, I believe it’s coming from driver side though but I guess we will find out
There is, unfortunately, a similar inspection plate on the top of the driver's side of the engine. For whatever reason it's less prone to causing a noticeable leak.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Matthew T

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic ex-t
Country flag
There is, unfortunately, a similar inspection plate on the top of the driver's side of the engine. For whatever reason it's less prone to causing a noticeable leak.
Thanks for your time brother I’ll be sure to update and let everyone know

OP
OP

Matthew T

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic ex-t
Country flag
So as it turns out Honda is claiming it to be an oil pan gasket seal whatever you wanna call it, I got priced 300$cad from the dealership on the spot, he explained it was mostly for labour which I understand as I got atleast 4 free hours of inspections done on the car. Ottherwise thanks to everyone for there help this website is honestly like gold for any Honda owners.

James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
So as it turns out Honda is claiming it to be an oil pan gasket seal whatever you wanna call it, I got priced 300$cad from the dealership on the spot, he explained it was mostly for labour which I understand as I got atleast 4 free hours of inspections done on the car. Ottherwise thanks to everyone for there help this website is honestly like gold for any Honda owners.
If its the oil pan gasket or bond, you can replace it yourself I would think. You can take your time on it. Find out if it is a gasket or Hondabond only. Also, a question, did the oil pan get scraped when the splash shield was torn off? I would get that stuff replaced as it will affect longevity and aerodynamics plus the vehicle worth.

OP
OP

Matthew T

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic ex-t
Country flag
If its the oil pan gasket or bond, you can replace it yourself I would think. You can take your time on it. Find out if it is a gasket or Hondabond only. Also, a question, did the oil pan get scraped when the splash shield was torn off? I would get that stuff replaced as it will affect longevity and aerodynamics plus the vehicle worth.
So I just picked it up today from Honda, I dropped it off last night so it would be cold at 8am when they started there work I didn’t end up getting it until 2:30pm which I don’t really mind since I didn’t have anything to do today. Around 11:30am I gave them a call to get an update and they had just had it all taken apart, cleaned out and put back together with some Hondabond, he also said over the phone that I would have to pay for a new oil chnage even though I had just got one with them about 1000kms ago but I guess it ended up okay since he took of half an hour of labour and 50% the oil. All in all it costed $360.00cad

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I just picked it up today from Honda, I dropped it off last night so it would be cold at 8am when they started there work I didn’t end up getting it until 2:30pm which I don’t really mind since I didn’t have anything to do today. Around 11:30am I gave them a call to get an update and they had just had it all taken apart, cleaned out and put back together with some Hondabond, he also said over the phone that I would have to pay for a new oil chnage even though I had just got one with them about 1000kms ago but I guess it ended up okay since he took of half an hour of labour and 50% the oil. All in all it costed $360.00cad
Cool, well hopefully that solves your problem. ??

Ken Wilson

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring 1.5t
Country flag
So my 2017 civic 1.5t started leaking oil yesterday I’m looking to see if anyone has heard of this happening or anything honestly. I had it up on the hoist for almsot 2 hours and couldn’t pinpoint the source of this problem so that being said I cleaned all the oil and put some dye into the oil to hopefully be able to pinpoint where it’s coming from. I will update when I find out the source of issue
So my 2017 civic 1.5t started leaking oil yesterday I’m looking to see if anyone has heard of this happening or anything honestly. I had it up on the hoist for almsot 2 hours and couldn’t pinpoint the source of this problem so that being said I cleaned all the oil and put some dye into the oil to hopefully be able to pinpoint where it’s coming from. I will update when I find out the source of issue

Ken Wilson

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring 1.5t
Country flag
Well folks ,thanks for letting me join....my 16 1.5t has 110,ooo km ( 60miles) I noticed oil leak so took it to dealer, they couldn't find where leak was coming from ,so they put dye in oil told me to come back next week..they've been busy changing valve cover leaks ,is there more than 1 issues? Omg should of got 2.0 engine

James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Well folks ,thanks for letting me join....my 16 1.5t has 110,ooo km ( 60miles) I noticed oil leak so took it to dealer, they couldn't find where leak was coming from ,so they put dye in oil told me to come back next week..they've been busy changing valve cover leaks ,is there more than 1 issues? Omg should of got 2.0 engine
Hey man. Let us know where they find any leaks. I don't have any significant leaks in my 17 Civic and have 110,000 miles(177,000 km). The oil that was used in your vehicle and frequency of oil changes will affect oil leaks. I think that doing more oil changes with good oil ensures that the additives are maintained and engine does not run too hot (good lubrication). Just as important is the climate and temperature hot and cold cycles. I don't look forward to handling leaks and gaskets but one day it will come up. Do you have measurable oil loss?

Ken Wilson

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring 1.5t
Country flag
I change my oil faithfully.at 7k km with good name brand oil with wix filter ..it shows oil leak signs on passenger side but driveway is dry ..
Sponsored