Matthew T

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic ex-t
Country flag
So my 2017 civic 1.5t started leaking oil yesterday I’m looking to see if anyone has heard of this happening or anything honestly. I had it up on the hoist for almsot 2 hours and couldn’t pinpoint the source of this problem so that being said I cleaned all the oil and put some dye into the oil to hopefully be able to pinpoint where it’s coming from. I will update when I find out the source of issue
Sponsored

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
When the last dealer oil change ?
Did you remove under engine splash panel guard ?

OP
OP

Matthew T

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic ex-t
Country flag
When the last dealer oil change ?
Did you remove under engine splash panel guard ?
My last oil change was about a month ago now, and I haven’t had a splash panel for a while now since it got ripped off a while back.

OP
OP

Matthew T

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic ex-t
Country flag
Check your valve cover, behind engine over the starter. If it leaks there it should be repaired on warranty. You might need a new starter also.
I’ll do that today thanks, and unfortunately I only have warranty left for the cvt since I’m over 100k which is balagone but what can ya do. And what makes you say I might need a starter aswell? Thanks In advance

fitter_here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2016 Sedan
Country flag
I’ll do that today thanks, and unfortunately I only have warranty left for the cvt since I’m over 100k which is balagone but what can ya do. And what makes you say I might need a starter aswell? Thanks In advance
Because most of the gasket cover are leaking over the starter, the oil is going inside the starter. Did you have any intermittent starts lately?

OP
OP

Matthew T

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic ex-t
Country flag
Because most of the gasket cover are leaking over the starter, the oil is going inside the starter. Did you have any intermittent starts lately?
I see that makes sense, and honestly I haven’t found the car to be starting up weird front time to time it started taking a second to fire up but not alarming, fingers crossed we don’t need a new starter xd. Thanks a lot though

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Is the oily starter issue also affecting 1.5T ?

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Could be the timing chain inspection cover on the passenger side of the engine, it's a common leak point as well. Just a thin sheet metal plate that's stuck on with 2 bolts and some honda bond.

Mine's been leaking for a while. I'll get around to fixing it eventually, just gotta take off the wheel and the plastic underbody tray to get access to it.

OP
OP

Matthew T

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic ex-t
Country flag
Could be the timing chain inspection cover on the passenger side of the engine, it's a common leak point as well. Just a thin sheet metal plate that's stuck on with 2 bolts and some honda bond.

Mine's been leaking for a while. I'll get around to fixing it eventually, just gotta take off the wheel and the plastic underbody tray to get access to it.
Appreciate the information I’ll keep that in mind, I believe it’s coming from driver side though but I guess we will find out
Sponsored